Remember that? It was the disastrous reformulation of the Coke taste that people didn't really like and it came and went rather quickly in the mid-80s (though you could still get it in some areas as recently as 2002!). Wikipedia has the history of New Coke (long, but very much worth the read), and here are the commercials that introduced it to the world.
There are a lot of choices. In 1994 we saw the premiere of Friends, ER, The Game Show Network, Due South, Touched By An Angel, My So-Called Life, and Inside The Actors Studio. Or how about 2000, which saw the debuts of Survivor, Ed, CSI, and Curb Your Enthusiasm? And 2004 wasn't too shabby either, with the launches of Lost, Rescue Me, Entourage, Veronica Mars, House, and Desperate Housewives.
Amy Heckerling, the woman behind such movies as Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Clueless, Johnny Dangerously and the Look Who's Talking films, is developing a series for NBC with the working title of 1985. The series will serve as a sequel to George Orwell's 1984, except it won't, because I'm lying. Actually, the series will focus on a young girl growing up as a teenager during the Reagan era. The sitcom has been picked up as a script by NBC, with Heckerling slated to write, direct and executive produce. The project will also use music from the 80s, which makes sense because using songs from the Civil War would just be confusing. The show will also have a voiceover of the young girl as an adult reflecting back on her childhood. I've always found it interesting how narrators on TV shows can recall every detail of their childhood when I can't remember what I ate for breakfast three days ago. I guess that's the magic of TV for you.
[via tv filter]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Teen Wolf': 15 Freaky Moments from 'Parasomnia'
- 25 Timeless 'Seinfeld' Episodes Everyone Needs to Re-Watch
- Best 'Pretty Little Liars' Quotes from 'She's No Angel'
- 'The Bachelorette' Family Blogs: Reactions to This Week's Cry Fest
- NeNe Leakes on 'RHOA': 'I Don't Know If the Show Will Survive Without Me'
- More From BuddyTV
- Everyone Wants Bennifer 1.0 to Get Back Together Now
- Brandi Glanville Talks Playing the Villain on 'Real Housewives,' Reveals Her Salary
- Kylie Jenner Moves Into Her $2.7 Million Mansion That Exists to Make You Feel Bad About Your Life
- Super-Fit Lingerie Model Sarah Stage Accused of Photoshopping Post-Baby Body Pic
- Michael B. Jordan Is Absolutely Ripped in 'Rocky' Spinoff 'Creed' -- Watch the Film's First Trailer
- More From ET