Remember that? It was the disastrous reformulation of the Coke taste that people didn't really like and it came and went rather quickly in the mid-80s (though you could still get it in some areas as recently as 2002!). Wikipedia has the history of New Coke (long, but very much worth the read), and here are the commercials that introduced it to the world.
There are a lot of choices. In 1994 we saw the premiere of Friends, ER, The Game Show Network, Due South, Touched By An Angel, My So-Called Life, and Inside The Actors Studio. Or how about 2000, which saw the debuts of Survivor, Ed, CSI, and Curb Your Enthusiasm? And 2004 wasn't too shabby either, with the launches of Lost, Rescue Me, Entourage, Veronica Mars, House, and Desperate Housewives.
Amy Heckerling, the woman behind such movies as Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Clueless, Johnny Dangerously and the Look Who's Talking films, is developing a series for NBC with the working title of 1985. The series will serve as a sequel to George Orwell's 1984, except it won't, because I'm lying. Actually, the series will focus on a young girl growing up as a teenager during the Reagan era. The sitcom has been picked up as a script by NBC, with Heckerling slated to write, direct and executive produce. The project will also use music from the 80s, which makes sense because using songs from the Civil War would just be confusing. The show will also have a voiceover of the young girl as an adult reflecting back on her childhood. I've always found it interesting how narrators on TV shows can recall every detail of their childhood when I can't remember what I ate for breakfast three days ago. I guess that's the magic of TV for you.
[via tv filter]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Arrow' Episode 3.21 Photos: Oliver Joins the League of Assassins
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Live Blog: Eras, Immunity, Dance-Offs and the Top 7
- 'The Voice' Live Blog: Gwen, Usher and CeeLo Return to Advise the Top 8
- 'Gotham' Recap: Does Gordon Rescue Barbara?
- 'Once Upon a Time': 20 Moments of Emma and Regina's Road Trip From 'Lily'
- More From BuddyTV
- Following Recap: Easy Come, Easy Poe
- Viola Davis to Play Harriet Tubman in HBO Film From John Adams Scribe
- The Voice: Advice, Caveats and Dream Set Lists for the Season 8 Top 8
- NCIS: Emily Wickersham Previews a Sad Loss, Gibbs''Secret Relationship'
- The Originals' Danielle Campbell Talks Davina's Plan to Kill Klaus, Revive Kol
- More From TVLine
- Before Adam Lambert's 'Ghost Town' Premiere: Hype Williams' 14 Best Music Videos
- Bruce Jenner's Fellow Olympian on Friend's Transgender Announcement: 'Hardest Thing I Could Ever Imagine'
- Ellen Pompeo Speaks Out on Patrick Dempsey's 'Grey's Anatomy' Exit
- Kris Jenner Refutes Claim That She Refused to Comment on Bruce Jenner's '20/20' Interview
- Penelope Cruz Sizzles in a Skintight Red Jumpsuit for 'Zoolander 2'
- More From ET