Remember that? It was the disastrous reformulation of the Coke taste that people didn't really like and it came and went rather quickly in the mid-80s (though you could still get it in some areas as recently as 2002!). Wikipedia has the history of New Coke (long, but very much worth the read), and here are the commercials that introduced it to the world.
There are a lot of choices. In 1994 we saw the premiere of Friends, ER, The Game Show Network, Due South, Touched By An Angel, My So-Called Life, and Inside The Actors Studio. Or how about 2000, which saw the debuts of Survivor, Ed, CSI, and Curb Your Enthusiasm? And 2004 wasn't too shabby either, with the launches of Lost, Rescue Me, Entourage, Veronica Mars, House, and Desperate Housewives.
Amy Heckerling, the woman behind such movies as Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Clueless, Johnny Dangerously and the Look Who's Talking films, is developing a series for NBC with the working title of 1985. The series will serve as a sequel to George Orwell's 1984, except it won't, because I'm lying. Actually, the series will focus on a young girl growing up as a teenager during the Reagan era. The sitcom has been picked up as a script by NBC, with Heckerling slated to write, direct and executive produce. The project will also use music from the 80s, which makes sense because using songs from the Civil War would just be confusing. The show will also have a voiceover of the young girl as an adult reflecting back on her childhood. I've always found it interesting how narrators on TV shows can recall every detail of their childhood when I can't remember what I ate for breakfast three days ago. I guess that's the magic of TV for you.
[via tv filter]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Good Wife' Recap: Can Alicia Tame Elsbeth's Unquiet Mind?
- 'The Walking Dead' Recap: Father Gabriel Arrives
- 'Revenge' Recap: How Does Emily React to Her Father Being Alive?
- 'Once Upon a Time' Recap: Hook and Anna Make Deals with Rumple
- 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey' Season 6 Finale Recap: The Cast Reacts to Teresa and Joe's Sentencing
- More From BuddyTV
- Lorde Gets Banned In San Francisco Because Of Silliest Reason Possible
- Stanley Tucci & Wife Felicity Blunt Expecting Their First Child
- How Brad Pitt Taught His Son About War - And Made 'Fury' a No. 1 Movie
- Serena Williams Makes a Grand Slam Against 'Racist and Sexist' Remarks
- The Kardashians Are Clothes Sharing Sisters
- More From ET