My guess is that the issue won't even be addressed. Trey Parker and Matt Stone said as much with a public statement on the 'South Park' website. With only one episode to go until their break, they may not want to stir the pot (although pot-stirring is certainly their forté).
For those who watched this past week's episode of 'South Park' titled '200,' you know that the episode ended on a cliffhanger. However, there was no indicator that it would be continued into the next episode as the words "to be continued" nor scenes from next week nor any indicator were anywhere to be found. It would be just like Trey Parker and Matt Stone to pull a prank like this (such as the 'Not Without My Anus' gag in the first season).
The good news is that the story most definitely will continue this week in an episode titled "201," which makes sense since it's the 201st episode. Ain't It Cool posted some information about the episode in "inviso-text." Feel free to hightlight the text and get a clue about what's going to happen, unless of course you're spoiler-phobic.
Of course, this could all be another massive prank by the creators. Find out on Wednesday.
A special website has been set up in promotion of the event in which fans can upload their own videos. Trey and Matt have even been interviewed for this milestone by The New York Times.
Two hundred episodes is a long time for a series to last with its original creators still running the show, particularly when the show only produces 14 episodes per year. Comedy Central has released a video preview of the 200th episode. Which 'South Park' moment has been your favorite?
|South Park||Wed 10pm / 9c|
|Our Day Has Come!|
Considering that it's on its tenth season, I'm not surprised about the news. If we take the 200th episode seriously, I'm betting the producers are looking to make a movie. Take everything you see/hear/read/channel with a grain of salt, nothing's official just yet.
[Thanks to Mack Swift for the tip]
Looks like SciFi has confirmed the cancellation (and the renewal of Atlantis). Thanks to Fred for the link]
(S10E05) The 200th episode of SG-1 had to be a party to make, because it's friggin' hilarious. Right after the little 'previously on stargate bit' (which worked better this time) meet the furlings... and they're wearing little furry costumes... Wait a minute. The crazy story lines start up right from the beginning.
As SG-1 reads scripts and discusses plots, we're treated to all sorts of possible story lines. The changes are usually pretty obvious, but they keep us on our toes with sneaky cuts from actual show to campy scenes. The whole episode total unadulterated fan service - I loved it.
I hate to admit it, but if I weren't writing weekly reflections on King of the Hill I don't think I would be watching it. Don't get me wrong, I love King of the Hill, but the show has always been in the most forgettable timeslot imaginable. Despite being essentially tossed aside while shows like The Simpsons and Family Guy are hyped out the wazoo, King of the Hill has remained consistently clever and funny, and May 14 will mark both the end of the season and the show's 200th episode. Thankfully, though, it won't be the end of the series. When this season opened their were rumors it might be the last, but apparently FOX had a change of heart and King of the Hill will be sticking around after all. Executive producer John Altschuler had this to say: "To be blunt, there's not too much that's good on TV. So if you're working on something good, you want to do more." I would say it's that approach that has kept what USA Today calls King of the Hill's "dedicated if small audience" coming back every week. You know, when the show isn't constantly being bumped for NASCAR events.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Secrets and Lies' Exclusive Interview: KaDee Strickland Teases Coming 'Threat, Urgency and Danger'
- 'Criminal Minds' Episode 10.19 Photos: Meet the FBI's International Unit
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 6.18 Photos: Elena Reevaluates Her Vampire Life
- 'Supernatural' Episode 10.17 Photos: Sam and Cas Investigate the Mark of Cain
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.19 Photos: Everyone Observes a Big Surgery
- More From BuddyTV
- Quotes of the Week From The Royals, DWTS, Undateable and More
- Dwayne Johnson Hosts SNL: Watch Video of the Best and Worst Sketches
- Kids' Choice Awards 2015 Winners: Modern Family, Austin & Ally and More
- Ratings: Grimm Hits Low, Cristela Slips, Hart of Dixie Finale Flat
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs From Jane the Virgin, Forever and More
- More From TVLine
- Dwayne Johnson Hulks Out as President 'The Rock' Obama on 'SNL'
- Meghan Trainor on 'Dear Future Husband' Video: 'I Don't Think It's Sexist'
- Is There a New Woman in Nick Cannon's Life?
- 5 Seconds of Summer Sympathizes With One Direction After Zayn Malik's Departure
- Cody Simpson Responds to Gigi Hadid Cocaine Scandal: 'She Would Never Do Anything Like That'
- More From ET