Feeling a little stressed out about Election Day? Worried you'll completely seize up with anxiety in the voting booth, collapse and not be found for several hours? Worried that the building will burst into flames and/or the Rapture will happen before anyone does find you? Yeah. Yeah, me too. For those that want a little something to calm their nerves before/after they do their American duty and have already run out of horse tranquilizers, Comedy Central is running an all-day marathon of the most recent episodes of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report on November 4th.
Well, that concludes Saturday Night Live's three week run of "Weekend Update Thursday." There were some good jokes here and there, including tonight's especially strong cold open, but looking back, we really could have done without these three episodes. Most of this material, election-related and otherwise, could have been bumped to the regular Saturday program without any problem. I'm sure we could come up with a list of sketches in the past few SNLs that deserved to be replaced. Someone fix my time machine and let's get this job done. I don't want to hear any of that "There's no such thing as a flux capacitor" bullcrap.
Well here's a little wrinkle to Stephen Colbert's faux run for President: could he be breaking election laws?
That's what they're talking about over at Politico.com. Kenneth Vogel explains that even though it's a joke, he could be violating election laws if Comedy Central keeps spending money on the campaign and promoting it on the network. And Marc Elias, a Washington D.C. attorney says that just because it's a joke doesn't mean you get to run by a different set of rules.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- ABC Eyes Amy Schumer as Next 'Bachelorette'
- 'Aquarius' Review: A Fascinating Look Inside Charles Manson's Twisted World
- 'Bones' Teasers: 7 Good Things to Watch for in 'The Woman in the Whirlpool'
- 'Aquarius' Official Cast and Premiere Photos
- 'MasterChef' Recap: Surprise! Your Kitchen Comes Back to Haunt You
- More From BuddyTV
- Trevor Noah's Daily Show Premiere Date Announced by Comedy Central
- Hannibal Sneak Peek: Never Offer Your Hand to Dr. Lecter!
- Ratings: The Briefcase Opens Strong, While MasterChef Surges
- Murder in the First Season 2 Trailer Teases Intense New Case, Dirty Cops
- CBS' Briefcase Premiere: Did We Just See the Only 'Acceptable' Outcome?
- More From TVLine
- Lindsay Lohan Is Finally Off Probation After Eight Years
- Trevor Noah's 'Daily Show' Start Date Revealed as New Host Practices For His Takeover
- Miley Cyrus 'Accidentally' Flashes a Nipple on Instagram
- Martina McBride Slams Radio Consultant Who Says Fans Prefer Country Songs By Men
- EXCLUSIVE: Miranda Lambert Takes Us Behind-the-Scenes of Her 'Roots and Wings' Recording Session
- More From ET