So it's no surprise that Fey's name and show 30 Rock came up so many times in the recent list of Emmy nods. I'm no longer convinced that she's a woman. I'm convinced she's an experimental humanoid prototype designed by studio executives solely to win awards like Tom Hanks (aka "Project Red Shoe").
It's also no surprise that one of the two acting nods she scored included her Palin performance on SNL.
Broadcast producers and newspaper editors -- who weren't busy safeguarding their pensions and 401Ks by burying what's left of them in the desert -- cast their votes in the AP's annual Entertainer of the Year Poll. The honors went to 30 Rock star and SNL lifeguard Tina Fey.
It's really the no-brainer choice. Sharon Eberson, entertainment editor for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, told the wire service, "She gave us funny when we really needed it and, in a year when women in politics were making huge strides, Fey stood out in the world of entertainment."
First of all, I didn't even realize that tonight was the season finale of 30 Rock (or the first day of May sweeps, for that matter). It's hard to keep track of this new world where various shows end their seasons in various months.
Anyway, show star Tina Fey is going to live blog the season finale at NBC.com. It starts at 9:30pm Eastern. You can go to the site now and leave questions for Fey and she'll answer some of them.
Now, I wonder if Baldwin asking to get out of his contract (in fact, he doesn't want to do television anymore, period) was timed this week for the season finale. Does Baldwin have a contract beyond this season? I would assume so, since NBC has said they are not going to let him out his contract. Maybe Baldwin should do the blog with Fey. Imagine the questions he'd get.
Update: As reader Ender mentions in the comments, the show starts at 9pm, so maybe this isn't going to be a live blog "during the show" but immediately following the show.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'RHOA': Kandi Burruss Say Her Mom 'Wants What's Best for Her'
- 'The Amazing Race' Finale U-Turn Award: Fool Me Twice
- 'Revenge': Winners and Losers from 'Surrender'
- 'Nashville' Preview: 5 Compelling Reasons to Watch the Season 2 Midseason Finale
- [Video] 'Almost Human' Sneak Peek: Kennex Finds Out What's Down There
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Bob's Burgers' honors 'Battlestar Galactica' 10th anniversary
- 'Bonnie & Clyde': Emile Hirsch 'was like, 'Sign me up!'
- TV ratings: 'Amazing Race' finale down, 'Family Guy' up Sunday
- Will 'Psych: The Musical' join 'Buffy,''Scrubs' as the top musical episodes of TV?
- 'American Idol' judges to perform together? 'I'm game for anything,' says Harry Connick Jr.
- More From Zap2it
- Killer Women Sexclusive: Tricia Helfer and Marc Blucas Strip Off Each Other's Guns (and More)
- Spoiler Alert!: Once Casting Quarrel, Scandal Bait and Switch, Bold Community, Castle Predictions
- Ratings: Amazing Race Hits Finale Low, Once and Three Fox 'Toons Rise, Betrayal Returns Down
- USA Network Moves Suits Back to Thursday, Sets Premiere Date for Psych Season 8
- What to Watch Monday: The Sing-Off Returns, Sleepy Fall Finale, Christmas Light Fight and More
- More From TVLine