Not that there aren't some bright spots in these dog days of spring. 'Mad Men,' for instance, has capitalized on the weak crop by releasing 'Mad Men: Season 3,' ensuring that the acclaimed series will get even more attention than it might otherwise have during a more crowded week. Not that we'd expect anything less form the savvy folks at Sterling Cooper.
Also on the plus side of the lameness ledger is old favorite '7th Heaven,' which turns up just when you need it like a threadbare-but-comfy sweater. The latest batch of adventures featuring the Camden clan is '7th Heaven: The Complete Tenth Season.' Ten seasons! Eat that, 'Eight is Enough.'
Tonight, Jim and Pam head to Niagara Falls to (finally!) tie the knot.
In honor of Dunder Mifflin's long-awaited union, we count down some of TV's memorable matrimonial affairs.
I watched the original Melrose Place off and on, and while it was perfect mid-90s soapy goodness, I don't really feel that there's a burning need for its return. However, the new 90210 is doing pretty well for the fledgling CW, so I certainly can't blame them for taking the next logical step in bringing back its spinoff.
Always picked last in gym class? That's OK. You don't need to be a jock to ace this game.
You do, however, need some serious TV skills to answer which position Tim Riggins plays, which sport was popular on Caprica or which Simpsons' sibling acted as goalie.
Think you're ready? Then bring it on.
Island-dwelling heroes, martini-swilling Ivy Leaguers and autobiography-penning sitcom actors ... we're talking, of course, about TV land's most beloved canine cohorts.
How much do you know about the most memorable prime-time pooches?
Take our quiz and find out! Be warned: it's "ruff" stuff.
Read on to find about what Haylie said about the finalists, the judges, and her own stint on Broadway as Amber Von Tussie in Hairspray.
Kristin Sample: So tell me about the show.
Haylie Duff: It premieres tonight on MTV. And I'm excited about it. We've got a lot of really talented girls and there's a great prize at the end of the season. So, the stakes are high and we're all excited about it.
Let's face it ... everybody can acknowledge that it's mother who knows best.
Beloved TV moms from Carol Brady to Claire Huxtable to Lorelai Gilmore have given sage advice, fixed boo-boos and given tongue-lashings for decades.
How well do you know these magnificent mamas? Take our TV moms quiz now and find out.
Mike Birbiglia's Secret Public Journal, based on his stand up comedy, includes Blanchard (7th Heaven) as his significant other, an aspiring doctor and the sensible one of the couple. Phil Hendrie, best known as a popular radio talker but was also on The Unit in a supporting role, has been cast as Mike's abrasive doctor. But perhaps the best news for this CBS project is adding Bob O to the company as Mike's big brother. In everything I've ever seen him do, Odenkirk is a riot. He's a two-time Emmy winner for his comedy writing.
There's former 7th Heaven star Stephen Collins will star in The Ride of Her Life; Jacqueline Bisset has a holiday pic in the works called Thanksgiving Reunion, which will air in November; and Pam Grier, Florence Henderson (The Brady Bunch) and Donna Mills (Knots Landings) will headline Ladies of the House, about three women from the same church who team up on a home renovation project.
(S11E22) For some reason I have a case of deja vu right now. That must be due to the fact that 7th Heaven already had a series finale last year. We all thought that was the last we would see of the Camdens, at least in first-run episodes that is. However, by some miracle (or greed, you take your pick) the executives over at the brand new CW network decided to bring the show back one more time.
It was probably the biggest mistake they could've made. The 7th Heaven that premiered on the CW back in September barely resembled the show that was one of the most popular on the old WB. Other than Lucy and the twins (whose acting skills made the Olsen twins look like master thespians while they were on Full House) there was barely a Camden left. The rest of the cast was filled out with Martin and Sandy, and three new teens who became part of the extended family.
- At 7, CBS has a new 60 Minutes, followed by the season finale/live reunion of Survivor.
- ABC has a new America's Funniest Home Videos, followed by new episodes of Extreme Makeover, Desperate Housewives, and Brothers & Sisters.
- NBC has a new Dateline at 7.
- At 7:30, FOX has a new King of the Hill.
- At 8, The CW has the series finale of 7th Heaven.
- At 9, FOX has a new Family Guy, then a new American Dad.
- Emeril goes food shopping on a new Emeril Live, at 9 on Food Network.
- TNT has an NBA playoff game at 9, the Jazz vs. the Warriors.
- HBO has a new ep of The Sopranos at 9, then a new Entourage.
- At 10, Lifetime has a new episode of Blood Ties.
- MSNBC has this morning's Meet the Press at 10, if you missed it.
- Comedy Central has a new Mind of Mencia at 10, then a new Reno 911.
- Showtime has a new episode of The Tudors at 10.
- Also at 10: FOX News has a new episode of The 1/2 Hour News Hour.
Check your local TV listings for more.
Wow, time sure does fly, doesn't it? It seems like only a few short months ago that we were talking about a new television season that was full of promise and good fortune. Yeah, right! And now, we look towards May, a mere three or so weeks away, and the end of the official television season.
That being said, we've gone ahead and updated our current list of season/series premieres and finales with the latest information on when your favorite shows will be coming to an end for the summer, or forever. Most of the shows will be ending between May 14th and May 20th. Also, mark your calendars for May 21st thru May 23rd because this is when the latest winners will be announced for both Dancing With the Stars and American Idol.
Also updated is the return of One Tree Hill to The CW schedule (May 2nd) as well as some changes that were made to other premieres/finales over the last few weeks. So, review at your leisure and remember that dates are subject to change at a moment's notice.
It looks like The Show That Would Not Die has actually died. For real this time.
As Isabelle mentioned last week, there was a rumor going around that the cast and crew of The CW's long-running drama 7th Heaven were told that the show had been canceled. And now the network confirms it. The show will air its last episode on May 13 at 8pm.
Last season it looked like the show was canceled, but the new CW network decided to give the show another season, suprising not just fans and other networks but I'm sure the cast and crew as well. No one really knows why the show was given another season, and I would have liked to have been in on the meeting where execs said "another year for 7th Heaven? Sure, what the hell."
So, for you fans who are still watching the show, how should it end?
7th Heaven stars Stephen Collins, Beverley Mitchell, Catherine Hicks, Mackenzie Rosman, and many more. It also introduced us to Barry Watson and Jessica Biel just to name two.
No matter what we think about the series, it made TV history when, in its 10th season, 7th Heaven became the longest running family drama on TV.
New episodes (and possibly the final episodes of the series) will resume on Sunday April 8 on The CW.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Supernatural' Quotes from 'Soul Survivor'
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.5 Photos: Nina Dobrev Visits as Original Doppelganger and Elijah's Love
- 'Arrow' Episode 3.4 Photos: Nyssa al Ghul Returns
- 'Constantine' Official Cast Photos
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.4 Photos: Elijah Teams Up With Marcel
- More From BuddyTV
- Sons of Anarchy Recap: Eye for an Eye
- Pretty Little Liars Video: 'A' Spreads Holiday Fear in New Christmas Promo
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Post Mortem: Bobbi's Status, Skye's Origin, Fitz's Fate and More Burning Qs Answered
- The Voice Recap: It's Just a Noisy Hall, Where There's a Nightly Brawl
- The Flash Recap: The 'Chosen' One
- More From TVLine
- The 6 Most Insanely Uncomfortable Moments From The 'True Tori' Season 2 Premiere
- Kelly Clarkson Performs Awesome Cover Of Sam Smith's 'Stay With Me'
- 'Pretty Little Liars': 23 Shocking Secrets We Learned From Watching The Halloween Special!
- Steve Carell Reveals Jennifer Garner's Guilty Pleasure at 'Elle' Women in Hollywood Awards
- What Two Playboy Bunnies - Now Grandmas - Can Still Teach You About Being Sexy
- More From ET