Marisa Tomei is set to star in a comedy pilot for CBS titled The Rich Inner Life of Penelope Cloud. Tomei will play a writer who's struggling to write a second novel after her first novel is met with great acclaim. Like all the other pilot announcements, this one doesn't offer many details, except that Tomei's character learns to recapture the optimism of her youth.
I have to say, I've never understood anyone who feels that children are automatically optimistic. As far as I can remember, I was never all that optimistic as a kid. If anything, I was morbidly realistic: while my friends would laugh at Tom and Jerry cartoons I would see Tom's continuous battering as a symbol of the futility of existence and the inevitability of death. I wonder if CBS has any interest in a pilot about a kid who watches cartoons and then crawls under his bed and cries for six hours? I should give them a call.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Teen Wolf': 15 Times Lydia Martin Proved She Is Better Than You
- 'The Real Housewives of New York City' Recap: Ramona and Bethenny Argue at Sonja's Fashion Show
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 12: Top 16 Performance Rankings
- 'Teen Wolf': 17 Unfortunate Moments from 'Strange Frequencies'
- 'Arrow' Season 4 Interview: John Barrowman on Malcolm's New Take on the League of Assassins
- More From BuddyTV
- Playing House: Maggie Gets a 'Real, Live Human Family' in Season 2
- Stitchers Finale: Emma Ishta Talks [Spoiler]'s Uncertain Fate in Season 2
- Grey's Anatomy Scoop: Shonda Rhimes on 'Rebirth' for Meredith, 'Exciting New Romances' for Callie and Arizona
- Pretty Little Liars Recap: Undercover Brother
- Coach Revival Casts Kimmy Schdmit's Andrew Ridings as Hayden's Son
- More From TVLine