If you're going so far as to have a former 'American Idol' alum write a song for her, you want her to be able to remember it. Or at least stick in the DVD and rewatch it.
Taylor seemed to enjoy Ace Young's presence at the festivities even more than she loves his song -- and she cried the first time she heard that. "If you were any cuter," she started. "You're killing me right now!"
Before the writers strike shut down the set of Bones, the cast and crew completed an episode titled "The Wannabe in the Weeds." If you recall, in mid-December, I told you that former American Idol contestants Brandon Rogers and Ace Young would guest star in this American Idol-themed episode. Finally, months after the episode was completed, we will get to see the two Idol finalist perform both on and off the stage on Bones.
Welcome back to "AI Aftermath," where we explore Idol's past. Each week, as one more American Idol hopeful is eliminated from the competition, we take a look back at contestants past who were eliminated in the same week. We'll examine how they did on the show and what they've been up to since their eliminations. In honor of Kristy Lee Cook's elimination last week we'll be looking at other seventh place finishers.
This week: 7th place finishers, featuring featuring Ryan Starr (Season One), Kimberly Caldwell (Season Two), Jennifer Hudson (Season Three), Anwar Robinson (Season Four), Ace Young (Season Five) and Sanjaya Malakar (Season Six).
But MJ's Big Blog has what you need. No more aimless driving around America shouting "Can anyone tell me where Gina Glocksen is performing tonight?" or "Has anyone seen Jessica Sierra, she still owes me bail money?" Now you can go to one place and plan your journey like the Deadheads before you. Now you can follow Ace Young as he travels around various Borders signing Chicken Soup for the American Idol Soul, and you can catch Diana DeGarmo at the Braves opener. Oh, and if you're in Atlanta at Kroger tonight, look up Melinda Doolittle, buy some ice cream and tell her I said "Hi."
At least two American Idol contestants, one from season 5 and the other from season 6, will guest star in an episode titled "The Wannabe in the Weeds" (as you can guess, the dead character will surely be a contestant and the body will be found in... weeds). The episode, slated to air in March according to some sources, is the last episode of the series completed before production was shut down due to the writers' strike.
I timed it -- it lasted 6.3 seconds. That's how long Ace Young and Will Makar hugged when Will got eliminated. And...I saw some eye closing on Ace's part. Now, I'm not implying anything by The 6.3 Second Hug (that's what I've dubbed it), I just mention it because some of you have brought Ace's sexuality into question. Now, an extended hug (with eye closing) does not imply homosexuality, but it does give us more material to gossip with. Personally, I don't care whether he's straight or gay in the real world... because in my fantasies, he's a straight man who loves to give lady bloggers intimate backrubs by candlelight. Ahhhhhh.
But you're right, Bob, I thought Bo sounded like crap too. His throat was all scratchy like he needed some herbal tea or something. Or...maybe a closed eye hug from Ace. Who knows?
Kinnik and Will were no surprise, but I was absolutely shocked by Ayla and Gedeon going home. I don't care about either one of them, but how did Kevin make it to the big stage and not them? It's an American tragedy. I'm somewhat speechless...psych! I'm still thinking about that backrub from Ace.
But, I'm (moderately) happy with the Final 12. What about you?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Arrow' Episode 4.2 Photos: The Team Protects a Mayoral Candidate
- 'The Flash' Episode 2.2 Photos: Meet Jay Garrick
- 'Supernatural' Episode 11.2 Photos: Cas Gets Tortured
- 'ANTM' Recap: One Model Returns, One Model Goes Away
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 12.3 Photos: Would Alex Make a Good Dad?
- More From BuddyTV
- Quotes of the Week: The Goldbergs, CSI, Masters of Sex, Grey's and More
- Blood & Oil Star Previews New Power Struggles, Secret Affairs in Episode 2
- Miley Cyrus Hosts SNL (and Hillary Clinton Assists): Best/Worst Sketches?
- Unauthorized Beverly Hills, 90210 Story: Shannen Doherty's Ousting and 12 Other Semi-Accurate Revelations
- Top TV Vampires From Buffy, TVD, Moonlight, True Blood and More
- More From TVLine
- Scott Disick and His Rumored 18-Year-Old Girlfriend Spotted in Miami -- See the Pics!
- Johnny Depp Is ‘Quite Worried' About Daughter Lily-Rose's Fashion Career
- Miley Cyrus Kicks off the 'SNL' Season 41 Premiere: 7 Biggest Moments!
- Tori Spelling Reveals She Had Sex With Jason Priestley, Got Shannen Doherty Fired From '90210'
- Matt McGorry, Zelda Williams & More Stars Join Amber Rose's Slut Walk
- More From ET