October 24, 2014
by Danny Gallagher, posted Apr 7th 2010 4:23AM
(S01E06) "Wow, Crosby, you're a dad." - Zeek, after hearing about Crosby's son for the first time
I'll admit it. 'Parenthood' has been a hard show to read. It tries very hard to connect the audience with the human drama of the American family, but at the same time, it expects you to understand and appreciate every problem they come across.
It drags you through their cornfield of sadness and expects you to come out feeling as happy and reserved as the characters do in the end. It makes me wish life actually worked this way. Then it just makes me angrier.
by Danny Gallagher, posted Mar 17th 2010 9:00AM
(S01E03) "You know Crosby, however hard you think it is having a kid, just double it." - Adam to Crosby as Crosby cleans kid puke out of his car
This week, things have slowed down a bit, compared to the land speed record that last week's episode achieved. And the show has started to grow on me a little bit.
It scored some great moments of sentiment and honest drama that were endearing and drew me a little closer to the characters, but it's still lacking in that other, all important area of the dramedy: the comedy.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Castle, White Collar, Once, Haven, Supernatural, Arrow, Beast and More
- Ladies Who (Liquid) Lunch: 10 Characters Who'd Make Great Drinking Buddies
- Helix Season 2 Video Teases New Viral Outbreak, Ominous Steven Weber
- Constantine: 5 Things to Know About NBC's Devilishly Irreverent Drama
- The Voice Season 7 Knockout Pairings (and Song Choices) Revealed!
- More From TVLine
- Kelly Osbourne Gets Tattoo In Memory of Joan Rivers
- Tori Spelling Sends Out Cryptic Message from Hospital -- Is She Leaving Dean?
- Mama June Reacts to Claims She's Dating a Convicted Sex Offender
- Justin Bieber Uses a Disney-Inspired Pick-Up Line on a Model!
- From Sea Urchins To Getting Framed, Taylor Swift Reveals Her Biggest Phobias
- More From ET