Eventually, after Adam Scott and Nick Kroll joined them on set, it was revealed that not only were the pair of them also figments of his imagination, but so was the entire cast. Mankini explained: "This is just a delusion you created so you wouldn't have to face the face that you only work at E!"
Alison Brie chimed in, "If 'Community' were real, don't you think you would have seen a commercial for it on NBC?"
(S2E01) Lydia: "Me and Escapade left him back in Wapato." Casey: "Escapade? That's your ... car?" Lydia: "My daughter, the future star."
It's hard watching 'Party Down' knowing that this show will likely not be back for a third season. But, set aside all the casting news -- virtually all of the cast is committed to new pilots and series star Adam Scott is going to 'Parks and Recreation' -- and 'Party Down' is just as enjoyable as it was last season. The writing remains sharp and quick, while the sardonic wit that makes this show so special continues to flourish.
The season 2 premiere finds the caterers backstage at a concert of the fictional rocker Jackal Onassis (Jimmi Simpson). Henry (Adam Scott) has been promoted to team leader and Ron (Ken Marino) is no longer with the team, but runs into them at the concert. Kyle (Ryan Hansen) and Roman (Martin Starr) are still there, not finding much success in their careers yet.
The party is just beginning for 'Party Down,' the clever comedy about a crew of misfit caterers now entering into it's second season on the Starz Network. Star Adam Scott, as Henry Pollard, is only too happy to dust off his pink bow-tie and keep the party going. Not only has Henry been promoted to team leader of the Party Down catering crew, Scott himself has become one series' producers.
Scott says the catering escapades backstage at a def-metal concert, at an orgy, and Steve Guttenberg's birthday party are even richer with the newest hire of Megan Mullally. Mullally is joining the staff for the departing Jane Lynch, who is now starring in 'Glee.' In an exclusive interview from his kid's gymnastics class, Scott talks about the odd jobs he's had in the food service industry, who supported him with his acting dreams, and what's in store for the new season.
More casting news after the jump.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 15 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2015
- Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Woman in the Whirlpool'
- 'The Whispers' Season Premiere and Cast Photos
- 'UnREAL' Cast Photos: Meet the Bachelor, Contestants and Production Folks from 'Everlasting'
- The 9 Most Shocking Things on 'Wayward Pines' So Far
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine Items: Married Parents Cast, Oil Renamed, GH's New Dillon and More
- HBO's Clarence Thomas Movie Casts Greg Kinnear (as Biden), J-Hud, Others
- Gotham Season 2: Chris Chalk Upped to Series Regular, as Lucius Fox
- Ash vs. Evil Dead: Ash Revs Up His Chainsaw in 'Groovy' Teaser Video
- Empire Sets Season 2 Premiere Date
- More From TVLine
- The National Spelling Bee Ends in a Tie Again!
- North West Is the Most Chic Ballerina Ever
- Paris Jackson and Her Boyfriend Chester Castellaw Make Their Red Carpet Debut as a Couple
- 'Transparent' Creator Says Bruce Jenner's Family Watched the Show
- Ed Sheeran Adorably Reveals Why He Won't Hook Up With Taylor Swift
- More From ET