The shows will fill the Sunday 10PM time slot now occupied by David Simon's 'Treme,' which wraps its first season this summer.
'Hung' season 2 is expected to explore the new dynamic between Ray (Thomas Jane), Tanya (Jane Adams) and Lenore (Rebecca Creskoff).
'Entourage' star Adrian Grenier recently promised that fans would see a different side of Hollywood pretty boy Vinnie Chase in the show's upcoming seventh season.
"They're going to get a whole new Vince this year," Grenier told the Hollywood Reporter earlier this month. "He's grappling with life and death circumstances."
Sounds like a big change from the character's previous dilemmas, which usually involved choosing between the blonde or the brunette.
Ok, so the question is, will he be playing himself? One of Ari Gold's newest It-Guys? An excitable young actor who tussles with Johnny Drama? My guess is that Efron will be playing himself, because he's becoming the Next Big Thing in Hollywood -- if he isn't already there.
And it just makes sense, because so many other stars have appeared as themselves on the show; notably, James Woods, though I've always wondered if he's as hot-headed as they make him out to be on the show. If so, he has quite the sense of humor about himself.
Gossip Girl's Leighton Meester is heading to Los Angeles. According to E!, the actress is set to reprise her guest-starring role on Entourage. Back in season one, Meester played pop singer Justine Chapin in the episodes "The Review" and "Date Night." The character was modeled after a pre-tailspin Britney Spears--a self-professed virgin who happened to have a thing for Vince (Adrian Grenier).
Meester will appear in at least one episode in the first half of the season. Production of season five of Entourage began in April, with a premiere set for September. The show was supposed to return in June, but was delayed by the writers' strike.
Just a bit of advice for you Entourage viewers: you may not want to switch off your TVs after the season finale airs this Sunday. Right after the credits roll (or slightly afterward) you'll be able to get a glimpse into the personal life of one of the stars of the HBO program as the network airs a documentary directed by and starring Adrian Grenier.
The title of the documentary is Shot in the Dark. It features a pre-Vincent Chase Grenier (it was shot in 1999) and his search for John Dunbar, the biological father that he barely new. The documentary, videotaped over two weeks and edited over seven years, explores Grenier's journey to meet his father. Along the way he speaks with others to explore the significance and issues that come with father-son relationships. There is also a good deal about Grenier's relationship with his mother in the documentary as well.
If you haven't seen the promotional trailer for Shot in the Dark you can view it on ifilm. The movie premieres Sunday at 10:30 o HBO.
OK, so no one has to be told that the final season of The Sopranos starts tonight at 9pm on HBO. After all, there have been tons of news stories about it, if you haven't heard (there might be a spoiler or two at some of those links). But don't forget that Entourage also returns tonight, immediately following The Sopranos at 10pm.
Remember when April and May used to mean the season was winding down on all of the networks? Now here it is Easter and the cable networks are just warming up. Everyone seems to be waiting for Tony and company to come back, but I'm more excited about Entourage. When we last left our heroes, Vince had ended his relationship with agent Ari, so it's going to be interesting to see where they go with the storyline.
Thanks for the Easter candy, HBO!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- [Video] 'The Bachelor' Season 19: Estrogen Mayhem and a Pregnancy Test
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.9 Photos: Mommy, Daddy and Hope!
- If I Am Going Down That Dark Alley Then I Want These Characters With Me
- 'The Flash': The Good and Evil from 'Power Outage'
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Winter Finale Photos: Christmas Memories
- More From BuddyTV
- Real World's Ryan Knight Dead at 29
- Macy's Thanksgiving Parade 2014: The Rockettes Goof, Scary Newbies & More
- Ratings: Survivor, Hell's Kitchen and Red Band Slip; Charlie Brown Surges
- TVLine Readers Give Thanks for Castle, HTGAWM, Doctor Who, Mindy, NCIS, Freak Show, Once and More!
- More From TVLine
- 9 Topics to Talk About During Thanksgiving Dinner (That Won't Start Any Family Fights)
- As New Cosby Accusers Come Forward, Legal Options Remain Limited
- Watch Michael Douglas Sneak Up On His Legendary Dad
- 14 Foolproof Tips For Conquering America's Favorite Holiday: Black Friday
- Chris Rock on Tracy Morgan's Recovery and How ET's Nischelle Turner Inspired 'Top Five'
- More From ET