Adventures of Gilligan
Last time on "Saturday Morning" we reviewed the busy 1974-75 schedule of CBS. In this installment we take a look at the lineups for ABC and NBC.
When looking at the respective schedules you can see a few patterns that were prevalent in Saturday morning programming of the 1970s. As mentioned last time, one of these themes was the increasing amount of live-action shows on the air. Six new live-action programs came out during this year, with three premiering on ABC and NBC combined. Another pattern was the use of prehistoric locations for shows. Each network had at least one show that took place during the time of the dinosaurs. The third pattern was the continuing decrease in quality of the Saturday morning animated fare. Nothing much could be done on that front since the networks were asking for more of this material faster than the studios could produce it and for less money than they needed.
Still and all, 1974 was a good time for Saturday morning programming as it produced a number of programs viewers remember even today. Two such programs are featured in this installment. Now, if the Way-Back Machine is ready, step on in and let's journey back 34 years in the past.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Following' Exclusive Interview: Shawn Ashmore on Mike's Family Tragedy and Personal Downfall
- 6 Things to Know About 'Believe'
- 'Star-Crossed': Jesse Luken on Eric's Evolution and Friendship with Grayson
- 'Revenge': Winners and Losers from 'Payback'
- [Video] 'Teen Wolf' Spoilers: Can Stiles Be Saved?
- More From BuddyTV
- TNT announces 'Falling Skies' Season 4, new series 'The Last Ship,''Legends' summer premiere dates
- 'Downton Abbey' cast hopes for Season 5: A 'bromance' for Thomas and more
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti calls fan theories 'crazy,' but are they wrong?
- 'About a Boy' exclusive clip: Will and Marcus have a boys' night out
- 'Bates Motel' Season 2: Love comes to Norma, Norman, Dylan and Emma
- More From Zap2it
- TVLine Items: Drop Dead Diva's Season 6 Trailer, Veep Sneak Peek, Entourage Reunites and More
- TNT Sets Premieres for Falling Skies Season 4, Eric Dane's Last Ship and Sean Bean's Legends
- HIMYM Star Addresses the 'Insane' Theory Making Rounds — But Does She Refute It?
- Scoop: Josh Duhamel Cast as Co-Lead in CBS' Vince Gilligan-David Shore Drama Battle Creek
- Exclusive Psych Sneak Peek: Mira Sorvino Puts Shawn and Gus in Their Place
- More From TVLine