Adventures of Gillitan
If the 1960s was a decade of birth for Filmation, the 1970s was a time where it skipped childhood and moved straight into the role of responsible adult. With somewhere in the area of 30 programs airing during that decade, the team of Lou Scheimer, Hal Sutherland and Norm Prescott became big players on Saturday mornings. Not only that, but the trio helped usher in a number of genres that would become staples for both their own productions and those of the other studios as well.
If that weren't enough, the 1970s saw Filmation dabble into something that had come and gone on the Saturday morning schedule since the 1960s: live-action series. Combining comedy, drama and special effects, the studio produced an number of shows that provided a lot less cheese than the live-action series of, say, Sid & Marty Kroftt.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Once Upon a Time': 20 Moments of Emma and Regina's Road Trip From 'Lily'
- Best 'Game of Thrones' Quotes from 'High Sparrow'
- Bruce Jenner's Docuseries Gets Premiere Date, 'Kardashians' Stars Show Support
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.20 Photos: Will Klaus Make a Deal with Dahlia?
- 'Revenge' Recap: Death Doesn't Stop Victoria from Trying to Bring Down Amanda
- More From BuddyTV
- Lip Sync Battle: Watch Michael Strahan (and Special Guests) Serve Up 'Poison'
- The Returned Sneak Peek: Nikki Tells Julie the Dark Truth(s?) About Victor
- Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo: I'm 'Excited' for Meredith's Life After Derek
- The Flash Photos: Metahumans Gone Wild! [Spoiler] Versus Reverse-Flash!
- Chicago Fire Scoop: Friday Night Lights Vet to Replace Mills as New Medic
- More From TVLine
- Kim Kardashian Says Bruce Jenner Has Found 'Inner Peace' and 'Pure Happiness'
- This Baby's Hilarious Reaction to Seeing a Dandelion for the First Time Will Make Your Day
- Penelope Cruz Sizzles in a Skintight Red Jumpsuit for 'Zoolander 2'
- Justin Bieber Crashed a High School Prom and the Students Lost Their Minds
- Ian Somerhalder and Nikki Reed Are Married -- See The Pic!
- More From ET