Adventures of Gillitan
If the 1960s was a decade of birth for Filmation, the 1970s was a time where it skipped childhood and moved straight into the role of responsible adult. With somewhere in the area of 30 programs airing during that decade, the team of Lou Scheimer, Hal Sutherland and Norm Prescott became big players on Saturday mornings. Not only that, but the trio helped usher in a number of genres that would become staples for both their own productions and those of the other studios as well.
If that weren't enough, the 1970s saw Filmation dabble into something that had come and gone on the Saturday morning schedule since the 1960s: live-action series. Combining comedy, drama and special effects, the studio produced an number of shows that provided a lot less cheese than the live-action series of, say, Sid & Marty Kroftt.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Watch 'Chasing Life' Season 2
- 'The Bachelorette' Prediction: Who Will Be Sent Home Week 8?
- Claudia Jordan on Being Fired on 'RHOA': 'It's Not Over Until the Fat Lady Sings'
- 'RHOA' Star Cynthia Bailey: 'The Show Has Never Been About One Person'
- 'The Bachelorette' Spoilers: Kaitlyn's Confession and the Big Showdown
- More From BuddyTV
- Nashville's Jonathan Jackson Previews Lucky's 'Whirlwind' GH Return
- Ratings: The USA's FIFA Women's World Cup Win Sets Record
- Wayward Pines Video: Has the First Generation Suffered a Tragic Loss?
- Penny Dreadful Season Finale Recap: Blood, Threat and Tears
- Food Network Star Recap: A Thin Line Between Love and Hate
- More From TVLine
- Stars That Step Out in Same Style
- NHL Star Tyler Seguin's Tip for Getting Naked in ESPN Body Issue: ‘Moisturize'
- Britney Spears Recreates the 'Oops!... I Did It Again' Cover with Sons Sean & Jayden
- Miley Cyrus' Fourth of July Celebration Is Just as Bananas as You'd Expect
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Wed in Secret Ceremony!
- More From ET