If the 1960s was a decade of birth for Filmation, the 1970s was a time where it skipped childhood and moved straight into the role of responsible adult. With somewhere in the area of 30 programs airing during that decade, the team of Lou Scheimer, Hal Sutherland and Norm Prescott became big players on Saturday mornings. Not only that, but the trio helped usher in a number of genres that would become staples for both their own productions and those of the other studios as well.
If that weren't enough, the 1970s saw Filmation dabble into something that had come and gone on the Saturday morning schedule since the 1960s: live-action series. Combining comedy, drama and special effects, the studio produced an number of shows that provided a lot less cheese than the live-action series of, say, Sid & Marty Kroftt.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher Welcome Baby Girl
- Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga Narrowly Beat Kenny Chesney For The Week's No. 1 Album
- Rascal Flatts' Joe Don Rooney Welcomes Third Child
- EXCLUSIVE! 'Girl Code's Nicole Byer Shares Hilarious Advice That All Ladies Should Follow!
- Vanessa Hudgens Terrifies Unsuspecting Guests at Knott's Scary Farm
- More From ET