Colin Hanks and Edward James Olmos join the cast as this season's villains. Olmos plays a twisted religion professor, Professor Gellar, and Hanks plays his student, Travis. Together, they conspire to carry out what they consider to be divinely-justified murders.
Rapper and actor Mos Def is also joining the cast, playing a character named Brother Sam. Dexter initially starts tracking him as a potential victim, but soon discovers he's rehabilitated himself with religion.
Check out more new character descriptions, and the 'Dexter' promo, after the jump.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, the game was supposed to take place on Tuesday, but because of Winfrey's shoot it has been postponed until Sunday.
"We just got the e-mail saying we were supposed to start next Tuesday, but Oprah has it then," Charles Barkley said on ESPN Radio. "So they said, well let's do it Monday. Oprah is having one of her last shows, so she's got the United Center locked up.
"They're going to set up Monday and tape her show Tuesday. So they just sent out an e-mail and said prepare to go to Chicago and start Game 1 Sunday afternoon," he said. "They're going to move it up three days, for Oprah."
The game is the first of NBA's Eastern Conference Finals.
Winfrey reportedly wants to give Maria Shriver her own show. According to RadarOnline.com, Shriver is said to have been approached by Winfrey earlier this year, but now that Shriver has separated from Arnold Schwarzenegger, Winfrey is pursuing Shriver harder.
In other TV News ...
• Brian Williams will host a new primetime news magazine on NBC. Reports indicate exiting 'Today' anchor Meredith Vieria will also contribute to the new series. [Deadline]
• Syfy is prepping a spinoff of 'Warehouse 13.' The new show will feature the H.G. Wells character. [THR]
Casting Roundup: Hilary Duff Heads to 'Community,' Jorge Garcia to Guest on 'How I Met Your Mother' and More
According to Ausiello Files, the former 'Lizzie McGuire' star will guest on NBC's 'Community.' Duff is set to play the leader of a clique that takes on Jeff and co.
Besides her Disney series, Duff appeared in a handful of 'Gossip Girl' episodes last season, did a guest spot on 'Law & Order: SVU' and popped up in 'George Lopez' and 'Joan of Arcadia.'
Look for Duff to appear on 'Community' in November.
In other casting news ...
• Jorge Garcia will guest star on 'How I Met Your Mother.' The 'Lost' veteran will play a bro with bad timing on the CBS series in November. [CBS]
• Heather Locklear has signed on to star in the Lifetime TV movie 'He Loves Me.' The 'Melrose Place' star will play a real estate agent whose mysterious past starts to come to light as her marriage crumbles, causing her to become violent and paranoid. [Variety]
• Summer Glau will guest star on 'Chuck.' The 'Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles' star is the latest actor to play Greta, the undercover Buy More agent. Other actors who have been tapped to play the role include Olivia Munn and Isaiah Mustafa. [Ausiello Files]
"This happened on set," Garcia said, showing her broken finger to Natalie Morales. "I was doing a scene where my ex-military boyfriend gets in a fight, and it was scripted that I just stand there ... I just got involved. I pulled one actor off of another and they loved it. They said, 'Keep doing it.' We did it 12 times and I didn't realize on the first take I broke my finger."
Watch the video after the jump.
That's how actress Aimee Garcia described her new show 'Trauma' to us when we caught up to her recently. The medical drama, which airs Mondays at 9PM as part of NBC's revamped line-up, "pushes the envelope on all levels. It's like 'ER', but instead of opening someone's throat in an operating room, you're opening someone's throat in a moving helicopter."
Garcia, who plays pilot Marisa Benez, dished about riding along on actual 911 calls, hanging from a crane and feedback from real-life EMTs.
You can tell a lot of money was spent on the pilot, because the first 20 minutes is like Irwin Allen: The Movie. Helicopters crash, cars explode, children are endangered. It's like those big episodes of ER where something massive happened, only this is going to be a regular thing with this show (if, as I said above, they can spend a lot of money on future episodes).
But what about the rest of the show? It's one thing to have big accidents and pyrotechnics (which are actually very impressive) but what about the cast, the writing, the stories?
(S03E12) There's no way that Kripke and the team over at Supernatural HQ could have foreseen the strike, only completing 12 episodes, and an extended break after episode 12. Had they been able to do that though, it's hard to imagine a better send off as we head into the break than what we saw in "Jus In Bello." The return of Henricksen and the introduction of Lilith made for a great mid (3/4) season intermission.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best ?Bones? Quotes from 'The Puzzler in the Pit'
- 'The Vampire Diaries': 17 Shocking Moments from 'Fade Into You'
- 'Project Runway: All Stars' Season 4: Ranking the Looks of 'Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve'
- 'Castle' Episode 7.9 Photos: Castle Investigates the Death of his Favorite Action Hero
- 'Gotham' Interview: Sean Pertwee and EP on Alfred the 'Enabler' and the 'Crumbling' City
- More From BuddyTV
- Marry Me Promotes Dan Bucatinsky
- Tina Fey's Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Comedy Series Moves to Netflix
- MTV's Eye Candy: Victoria Justice's Stalker Speaks in First Official Teaser
- Sleepy Hollow Fall Finale Photos: Abbie, Ichabod & the Gang Prep for War
- Glee Wedding Scoop: Which Two Couples Are Saying 'I Do' in Season 6?
- More From TVLine
- Christian Bale Takes You Behind the Scenes of 'Exodus: Gods and Kings'
- Billy Gilman Talks Coming Out in Country Music, Support from LeAnn Rimes and Lucy Hale
- 'Once Upon a Time's Jennifer Morrison Talks Heartless Hook, the 'Worst' Spell Ever and More!
- Get Reese's Super-Feminine Look for Your Thanksgiving Gathering
- This Woman's Impressions of Celebrities Stuck in Traffic are Dead-On
- More From ET