John Forsythe is best known for two iconic roles on television, only one of which included his appearance. On 'Charlie's Angels,' the hit ABC jiggle-cop show of the 1970s, Forsythe was the voice of Charlie Townsend, the man who hired Kelly, Sabrina and Jill as investigators in the Townsend detective agency.
You probably remember the classic Sesame Street album Sesame Street Fever (on the right), a takeoff on the movie soundtrack to Saturday Night Fever and the disco craze in general. The producer of that best-selling album died of bladder cancer on Monday in New York City.
Arthur Shimkin also produced the Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer album sung by Jimmy Durante and came up with the idea that spawned Little Golden Records, which included such artists as Bing Crosby, Alfred Hitchcock, Roy Rogers, and Burl Ives. He also produced the 1961 version of Peter and the Wolf, with Leonard Bernstein and the New York Philharmonic. I remember that album really well. When I was in fourth or fifth grade, if you finished your work in class early, you got to go over to the corner of the room, sit in a comfy chair, and listen to albums on headphones, and that was one I listened to over and over again.
The obit says that Shimkin produced over 3000 records, and that is quite an achievement.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 18 Official Photos: Celebrities with Their Partners
- Meet the Contestants from 'Hell's Kitchen' Season 12
- 'Castle' 6.19 Photos: Captain Gates Gets a Visit from Her Estranged Sister
- 'Star-Crossed' Recap: Just Keep Swimming
- 'Grimm' Season 3 Episode Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Teen Wolf' Season 3, episode 22: Can 'De-Void' save Stiles from the nogitsune?
- Andi Dorfman is the next 'Bachelorette'
- 'The Bachelor' reunion: Chris Harrison won't accept that Nikki and Juan Pablo are doing OK if he won't say 'I love you'
- 'Archer Vice' - 'Smugglers' Blues' GIFs and best lines: The 'Gang Who Couldn't Sell Coke Straight'
- 'The Voice' Season 6, episode 5: The final week of blind auditions begins and the coaches are growing picky
- More From Zap2it