Two weeks ago, I posted about Aliens in America's Adhir Kalyan landing an important recurring role on FX's Nip/Tuck. At the time I reported that news, it was unknown if The CW comedy would be renewed or not but it sure didn't smell good for the series since Kalyan, one of the show's star, got that other gig and rumors claimed that Scott Patterson was shopping around for a new job.
The grim reaper made a new victim: Aliens in America was canceled this week.
Adhir Kalyan, who plays Raja on The CW show, landed an important recurring role on FX's Nip/Tuck.
This is Spoilers Anonymous, a weekly column here at TV Squad where we'll supply you with the dirt on some of the more popular shows on the air. We'll never put spoilers up here on the main page in order to help the reformed stay unspoiled. If you have anything to add to the group, feel free to step up and let yourself be heard, either with our tips form or by emailing us at tvsquad at gmail dot com or call and leave a message at (775) 640-8479 - your anonymity is guaranteed, if you wish to remain as such.
This week we have: Aliens in America, Brothers & Sisters, Gossip Girl, Grey's Anatomy, Lost, October Road, and Pushing Daisies. (SPOILERS FOLLOW!)
I'm trying to decide on my feelings about Aliens in America, the new comedy premiering Monday at 8:30 on the The CW. When I first reviewed the show back in June as part of a preview of The CW's new shows, I said that it actually had some potential However, after reviewing the re-shot pilot and the episode following it, I'm not too sure anymore. Oh, as a coming-of-age comedy about a boy just trying to make it through high school it has its moments. But, there are just some elements to the show that leave me uneasy. More about that uneasiness later in the review. For now, let me talk about the premise of the show, which you can see after the jump.
Before beginning this post on premiere dates for the upcoming 2007-08 fall television season I want to mention a few shows that you won't be seeing on the list. They are: Arrested Development, Charmed, Joey, Everwood, Gilmore Girls, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, Reba, 7th Heaven, Kidnapped, Vanished, and Standoff. Why, pray tell, am I not including these programs on the list? Because they've all been CANCELED!!! Face it, Everwood is not coming back in any way, shape or form. Let's get past that and move on!
What you will be seeing are the premiere dates for Heroes, Reaper, Bionic Woman, America's Next Top Model, Bones, and Survivor. At posting time the dates for ABC's season premieres had not been given out; therefore, they will not appear on the list. Of course, we could just make up the premiere dates for Samantha Who?, Pushing Daisies and According to Jim, but that wouldn't be very professional of us, would it? That's okay, because ABC's season doesn't really start until Lost begins airing anyway.
The CW is in a tough spot this season. After losing a good portion of their heavy hitters due to cancellation (Reba, 7th Heaven, Gilmore Girls), the network is basically starting from scratch. Only two of their scheduled nights, Thursday and Friday, remain intact. The rest of the schedule features at least one new show a night. And, being that we are TV Squad, we have a number of pilots to review for these new shows.
Some of the pilots reviewed on the DVD screeners we were sent are still in the 'work in progress' stage; yet, they still give a sense of the show's subject matter. In this post Brett, Paul, Keith and I will be previewing Aliens in America, Gossip Girl, Life is Wild and Reaper.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- [Videos] Watch the Best Commercials from Super Bowl XLIX
- Best 'Glee' Quotes from 'The Hurt Locker, Part 2'
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.14 Photos: A Case Causes Tony to Flashback to His Days in Military School
- 'Grey's Anatomy': The 15 Most Bizarre Medical Cases
- 'Reign' Episode 2.13 Photos: Will Mary and Francis Reunite at the Winter's Ease Feast?
- More From BuddyTV
- Super Bowl XLIX: Reviewing the Best & Worst Commercials (From the 1st Half)
- Super Bowl XLIX: Idina Menzel Sings the National Anthem — How'd She Do?
- Pilot News: ABC Orders Uncle Buck Adaptation, Gay Gym Teacher Comedy
- Quotes of the Week From Agent Carter, Arrow, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and More!
- J.K. Simmons Hosts SNL: Watch Video of the Best and Worst Sketches!
- More From TVLine
- John Legend and Idina Menzel Nail Patriotic Super Bowl Performances
- Play Entertainment Tonight's Super Bowl Bingo!
- Johnny Weir's Super Bowl Look Wows
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's Family Reportedly Told to Prepare for the Worst
- Kim Kardashian, Kanye West, Chrissy Teigen & John Legend Hit Up Waffle House
- More From ET