"I love the fact that I'm here cooking today, because they replaced us with a cooking show," Knight joked. He also said he was happy 'AMC' founder Agnes Nixon and some of the show's older characters got to appear in the finale.
Knight, much like fellow 'AMC' star Susan Lucci, has not yet signed on for the soap's online version, which will air in 2012.
The 'All My Children' finale certainly tried its hardest to give viewers a reason to tune into the series once it moves online. The beloved soap ended with a cliffhanger that hearkened back to the 'Dallas' finale, but instead of "Who shot J.R.?" it was, "Who did J.R. shoot?"
It all happened after Susan Lucci's Erica Kane rejected a marriage proposal from her longtime beau Jackson Montgomery. "I don't want to get married," she said. "As much as I want to be with you, I don't want to rush into some wedding just to reassure you that I'm not going anywhere."
"I wish you the best of luck in L.A., and in the rest of your life, without me," he said, walking out the door.
As Erica pleaded with him to stay and dramatic music played, he delivered a line that referenced 'Gone With the Wind.' "Frankly Erica, I don't give a damn about what you need."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Game of Thrones' Quotes from 'The Gift'
- 'RHOBH' Star Kim Richards Leaves Rehab for Daughter's Wedding
- Britt Nilsson Still Dating 'Bachelorette' Suitor Brady Toops?
- 'RHOC' Star Vicki Gunvalson: 'I Don't Want to Look Like a Plastic Barbie Doll'
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: Cersei Gets What She Deserves
- More From BuddyTV
- GoT Recap: Royally Screwed
- Anne Meara, Actress/Comedian and Half of Stiller & Meara, Dead at 85
- Quotes of the Week From The Flash, Late Show, Game of Thrones and More
- Sharon Osbourne on Hiatus from CBS' The Talk Due to 'Extreme Exhaustion'
- Orphan Black Boss Talks [Spoiler]'s Sacrifice, Angry Felix, Twerking Alison
- More From TVLine