"I love the fact that I'm here cooking today, because they replaced us with a cooking show," Knight joked. He also said he was happy 'AMC' founder Agnes Nixon and some of the show's older characters got to appear in the finale.
Knight, much like fellow 'AMC' star Susan Lucci, has not yet signed on for the soap's online version, which will air in 2012.
The 'All My Children' finale certainly tried its hardest to give viewers a reason to tune into the series once it moves online. The beloved soap ended with a cliffhanger that hearkened back to the 'Dallas' finale, but instead of "Who shot J.R.?" it was, "Who did J.R. shoot?"
It all happened after Susan Lucci's Erica Kane rejected a marriage proposal from her longtime beau Jackson Montgomery. "I don't want to get married," she said. "As much as I want to be with you, I don't want to rush into some wedding just to reassure you that I'm not going anywhere."
"I wish you the best of luck in L.A., and in the rest of your life, without me," he said, walking out the door.
As Erica pleaded with him to stay and dramatic music played, he delivered a line that referenced 'Gone With the Wind.' "Frankly Erica, I don't give a damn about what you need."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Game of Thrones' Quotes from 'Breaker of Chains'
- 'The Amazing Race: All-Stars' Week 8 Express Pass Power Rankings: With a Little Help from My Friends
- Andi Dorfman Takes a Dig at Juan Pablo in New 'Bachelorette' Poster
- 'The Good Wife' Recap: Can Louis Canning Save Lockhart-Gardner?
- 'Mad Men' Recap: A Surprising Valentine's Day
- More From BuddyTV
- What to Watch Monday: The Voice Goes Live, Castle's Disco Daze, Archer Finale and More
- True Blood Season 7: First Teaser Reveals 'Sick Vampires' and Civil War in Bon Temps
- Mad Men Recap: A Thorny Matter Indeed
- Did WGN America's Salem Bewitch You?
- Devious Maids Season Premiere Recap: Bridges of Beverly Hills — Plus: Bonus Scoop
- More From TVLine