"I love the fact that I'm here cooking today, because they replaced us with a cooking show," Knight joked. He also said he was happy 'AMC' founder Agnes Nixon and some of the show's older characters got to appear in the finale.
Knight, much like fellow 'AMC' star Susan Lucci, has not yet signed on for the soap's online version, which will air in 2012.
The 'All My Children' finale certainly tried its hardest to give viewers a reason to tune into the series once it moves online. The beloved soap ended with a cliffhanger that hearkened back to the 'Dallas' finale, but instead of "Who shot J.R.?" it was, "Who did J.R. shoot?"
It all happened after Susan Lucci's Erica Kane rejected a marriage proposal from her longtime beau Jackson Montgomery. "I don't want to get married," she said. "As much as I want to be with you, I don't want to rush into some wedding just to reassure you that I'm not going anywhere."
"I wish you the best of luck in L.A., and in the rest of your life, without me," he said, walking out the door.
As Erica pleaded with him to stay and dramatic music played, he delivered a line that referenced 'Gone With the Wind.' "Frankly Erica, I don't give a damn about what you need."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Fresh Prince' reunion: Will Smith does theme song rap with Alfonso Ribeiro and DJ Jazzy Jeff
- 'Real Housewives of New York': LuAnn de Lesseps may not return due to salary conflict
- NBC schedules Oklahoma Tornado benefit concert; 'Cult' returns to CW schedule
- Reality TV pioneer Mike Darnell leaves FOX: 'It has truly been an amazing ride'
- 'The Originals' new premiere episode: What's coming for 'The Vampire Diaries' spinoff?
- More From Zap2it
- LOL Video: Will Smith, Alfonso Ribeiro Reunite for Fresh Prince Theme, Carlton's 'Unusual' Dance
- Video: Arrested Development Faves Reveal Everything (and Nothing) About the New Season
- Rookie Blue Sneak Peek: Andy Meets Sam's New Girlfriend, Gets Awkward With Her Ex
- New Spoiler Alert!: Rating the Season Finales of Nashville, Scandal, Grey's and More! Plus — Is Revenge Plotting a Cruel Bait-and-Switch?
- American Idol and X Factor 'Probably Hurt Each Other,' Fox's Exiting Reality Chief Concedes
- More From TVLine