The never-ending battle between SAG president Alan Rosenberg and his own organization has forced him to file an injunction against his own task force from starting their negotiations.
That means, in a weird, sordid, round-about way, Rosenberg is now fighting an uphill battle with himself. It's a wonder the actors didn't elect Britney Spears to run their union.
In an attempt to avoid a situation like the industry-wide mess that was the writers' strike, the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (AFTRA) have reached a deal with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers. The tentative deal was completed on Wednesday and capped 17 days of negotiation.
Mind you, this is only half the battle for the AMPTP. They still have to reach a deal with the Screen Actors Guild (SAG) before their contract expires. Both the SAG and AFTRA contracts are set to expire on June 30th.
While the strike is ended per union leaders, writers won't return to work until the membership itself has had a chance to vote on the new deal. They are expected to vote "yes" on Tuesday and be back to work by Wednesday. The timing of this resolution means that some of this season can yet be salvaged and there's still time for pilot production for new series next year. For details on how this will affect your favorite shows, Keep up to date with Mike Ausiello's nearly comprehensive list of when your shows will return. And now things can get back to normal, and we can all go back to needlessly hating on According to Jim, the way God intended.
As the strike lingers on and the Writers Guild of American (WGA) and Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers (AMPTP) seem no closer to bridging their philosophical and monetary gap, the WGA is set to try a new tactic. According to Variety, the WGA is going to make a "legal demand" today for individual members of the AMPTP to schedule bargaining meetings with the WGA. However, at this point it isn't clear if the companies are legally obligated to do so, and if not, will they?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Real Housewives of Orange County' Recap: Has Vicki Finally Met Her Match?
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: Jaclyn's Arrival Fuels Ashley's Desperation
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Recap: The Top 6 Dance and Two Go Home
- Pro Peta Murgatroyd Exits 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 21 Due to Injury
- Former 'RHONJ' Star Danielle Staub is Engaged
- More From BuddyTV
- Rihanna Would Totally Back Kanye West for President: 'Who Wouldn't Vote for Kanye?'
- Melissa Rivers Channels Her Mother Joan in Biting 'Fashion Police' Return
- Avril Lavigne's Ex Deryck Whibley Is Married – See the Romantic Photos!
- Jaime King Says Taylor Swift Will Make an 'Amazing' Mother
- The Hottest VMAs Fashion Trends: Short, Sparkly and a Lot of Skin
- More From ET