According to Deadline, the network declined to order a second series after the drama failed to catch fire with audiences.
Originally airing on Sunday nights, 'The Protector' attracted only 1.9 million viewers for its June 12 premiere. It later moved to Mondays after failing to hang onto around 50 percent of its lead-in audience.
One of her first jobs was at a genetic engineering firm in San Francisco. "I did the grunt work," she said. "I was doing like the lab tech work, I was like sequencing DNA and splicing and cloning and stuff, which no one understands here." She almost blew up the lab. "I thought, you know, maybe I should do a little career change here," she said.
James Gandolfini joins the HBO family for one more bash -- poolside.
Call me cynical, but I'm not quite sure why HBO pulled out all the stops for a lavish gala at the W hotel in Westwood, Calif. when so many networks are cutting back. About 200 journalists plus assorted HBO personnel feasted on filet mignon, lobster tails and an open bar.
The hotel spa was on call in nearby cabanas to give free hand massages and (for the women) fingernail re-polishing.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Glee' Season 6 Premiere Photos: Everyone Comes Back to McKinley
- 10 Unforgettable Moments from 'The Amazing Race' Season 25
- Steroline: 9 Pivotal Moments of Stefan and Caroline's Relationship on 'The Vampire Diaries'
- 'Revenge' Episode 4.11 Photos: Will Grief Unite Emily and Victoria?
- 'The Amazing Race' Season Finale Recap: Which Team Wins the Race?
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine's Performers of the Week: Laurie Metcalf and Stephen Colbert
- Ratings: Amazing Race Ticks Up With Finale, Splits 3-Way Demo Win
- Mysteries of Laura Adds Boardwalk Alum Meg Steedle as Series Regular
- Darlene Love's Final Late Show Visit: Watch Her Full Performance
- Late Late Show: Craig Ferguson Says Goodbye With Incredible Twist Ending
- More From TVLine