According to Deadline, the network declined to order a second series after the drama failed to catch fire with audiences.
Originally airing on Sunday nights, 'The Protector' attracted only 1.9 million viewers for its June 12 premiere. It later moved to Mondays after failing to hang onto around 50 percent of its lead-in audience.
One of her first jobs was at a genetic engineering firm in San Francisco. "I did the grunt work," she said. "I was doing like the lab tech work, I was like sequencing DNA and splicing and cloning and stuff, which no one understands here." She almost blew up the lab. "I thought, you know, maybe I should do a little career change here," she said.
James Gandolfini joins the HBO family for one more bash -- poolside.
Call me cynical, but I'm not quite sure why HBO pulled out all the stops for a lavish gala at the W hotel in Westwood, Calif. when so many networks are cutting back. About 200 journalists plus assorted HBO personnel feasted on filet mignon, lobster tails and an open bar.
The hotel spa was on call in nearby cabanas to give free hand massages and (for the women) fingernail re-polishing.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Community Season 6 Trailer Teases Greendale's Weirdest Year Yet
- Syfy Sets Dates for Bitten Season 2, Lost Girl's Farewell Run and More
- Man Seeking Woman Renewed for Season 2 at FXX
- Pilot News: Wonder Years' Fred Savage Is Rob Lowe's Bro in Fox's The Grinder
- You're the Worst's Aya Cash Teases Season 2, Her Serpentine Sirens Stint
- More From TVLine
- EXCLUSIVE: 'Glee' Sneak Peek: The Warblers Will 'Rise' Thanks to Darren Criss' Song!
- Lily James' 'Cinderella' Waistline: Corset or CGI?
- Is This the Hottest Hilary Duff Has Ever Looked?
- Jon Stewart Kicks WWE's Seth Rollins Where It Hurts!
- EXCLUSIVE: Why Is 'Outlander' Star Caitriona Balfe Still 'Intimidated' by Claire? Her Surprising Answer!
- More From ET