According to Deadline, the network declined to order a second series after the drama failed to catch fire with audiences.
Originally airing on Sunday nights, 'The Protector' attracted only 1.9 million viewers for its June 12 premiere. It later moved to Mondays after failing to hang onto around 50 percent of its lead-in audience.
One of her first jobs was at a genetic engineering firm in San Francisco. "I did the grunt work," she said. "I was doing like the lab tech work, I was like sequencing DNA and splicing and cloning and stuff, which no one understands here." She almost blew up the lab. "I thought, you know, maybe I should do a little career change here," she said.
James Gandolfini joins the HBO family for one more bash -- poolside.
Call me cynical, but I'm not quite sure why HBO pulled out all the stops for a lavish gala at the W hotel in Westwood, Calif. when so many networks are cutting back. About 200 journalists plus assorted HBO personnel feasted on filet mignon, lobster tails and an open bar.
The hotel spa was on call in nearby cabanas to give free hand massages and (for the women) fingernail re-polishing.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bones' Episode 10.2 Photos: Another Lead in the Search for Booth's Enemy
- 'The Originals' Season 2 Premiere Photos
- 'America's Next Top Model' Recap: Who is Disqualified for Attacking Adam?
- 'Castle' Season 7 Premiere Photos: Where Is Richard Castle?
- 'Big Brother 16' Week 12 Photo Booth Gallery
- More From BuddyTV
- Under the Dome Recap: Honey, We Shrunk the Dome
- Cougar Town Final Season Twist: [Spoiler] to Exit Early
- DWTS Season 19 Premiere Recap: Who Rocked? Who's at Risk?
- The Flash Enlists Barry Allen's Original Love Interest as STAR Labs Rival
- Castle Season 7 Photos: Beckett & Co. Are Gunning for Answers
- More From TVLine