According to Deadline, the network declined to order a second series after the drama failed to catch fire with audiences.
Originally airing on Sunday nights, 'The Protector' attracted only 1.9 million viewers for its June 12 premiere. It later moved to Mondays after failing to hang onto around 50 percent of its lead-in audience.
One of her first jobs was at a genetic engineering firm in San Francisco. "I did the grunt work," she said. "I was doing like the lab tech work, I was like sequencing DNA and splicing and cloning and stuff, which no one understands here." She almost blew up the lab. "I thought, you know, maybe I should do a little career change here," she said.
James Gandolfini joins the HBO family for one more bash -- poolside.
Call me cynical, but I'm not quite sure why HBO pulled out all the stops for a lavish gala at the W hotel in Westwood, Calif. when so many networks are cutting back. About 200 journalists plus assorted HBO personnel feasted on filet mignon, lobster tails and an open bar.
The hotel spa was on call in nearby cabanas to give free hand massages and (for the women) fingernail re-polishing.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'X Factor': Simon Cowell - 'Say Something' was Alex and Sierra's big moment
- 'The Sound of Music Live!': Watch Carrie Underwood, Stephen Moyer, and more sing the classics
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Why I'm okay with Cristina hooking up with an intern
- 'The Vampire Diaries' recap: Damon's dark, secret revenge is revealed while one couple reignites their passion
- 'The X Factor' Top 6 results: Did Ellona Santiago, Rion Paige, Carlito Olivero go home?
- More From Zap2it
- What to Watch Friday: Bones' Fall Finale, Grimm Exorcism, CBS' Grammy Noms Concert and More
- Scandal Recap: I'm Friends With the Monster
- Glee Recap: 'That Was the Most Sacrilegious and Profane Horror Show I Have Ever Seen' [Updated]
- Was Sound of Music Live! Music to Your Ears?
- Grey's Anatomy Recap: Sister Attacked
- More From TVLine