According to Deadline, the network declined to order a second series after the drama failed to catch fire with audiences.
Originally airing on Sunday nights, 'The Protector' attracted only 1.9 million viewers for its June 12 premiere. It later moved to Mondays after failing to hang onto around 50 percent of its lead-in audience.
One of her first jobs was at a genetic engineering firm in San Francisco. "I did the grunt work," she said. "I was doing like the lab tech work, I was like sequencing DNA and splicing and cloning and stuff, which no one understands here." She almost blew up the lab. "I thought, you know, maybe I should do a little career change here," she said.
James Gandolfini joins the HBO family for one more bash -- poolside.
Call me cynical, but I'm not quite sure why HBO pulled out all the stops for a lavish gala at the W hotel in Westwood, Calif. when so many networks are cutting back. About 200 journalists plus assorted HBO personnel feasted on filet mignon, lobster tails and an open bar.
The hotel spa was on call in nearby cabanas to give free hand massages and (for the women) fingernail re-polishing.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Friday the 13th: Slasher Horror Classic in Development as Hour-long TV Drama
- Gracepoint Exclusive Photos: See Anna Gunn & David Tennant in Fox's Broadchurch Adaptation!
- TVLine Items: True Blood Star Nabs Amazon Pilot, Hargitay's SVU Marathon With a Purpose & More
- Keep or Cut: The Shows You Most Want Saved!
- The Killing: Netflix Announces Release Date for Abbreviated Fourth and Final Season
- More From TVLine
- Exclusive: Listen To Classic Funk Band War's New Single Off First Album in 20 Years
- Aaron Carter on Hilary Duff: I Would Sweep Her Off Her Feet
- George Clooney Gets In Heated Altercation In Las Vegas
- Chris Martin Cites 'Challenges' in First Interview Since Split with Gwyneth Paltrow
- Avril Lavigne Responds to Racism Claims Over 'Hello Kitty' Video
- More From ET