Saturday mornings. For nearly thirty years this small window of time was considered paradise for millions of children across America. With the parents snug in their beds, and a big bowl of sugary cereal precariously placed on the carpet, it was the only time -- long before the invent of 24-hour cable networks -- that children's shows ruled the airwaves. No karate/ballet/piano/soccer lessons back then; parents were lucky to get their kids to go for bathroom breaks during that period of time.
For many it's a time of very fond memories. Some recall radio favorites like Sky King and The Lone Ranger going from their imagination to the small screen. Others remember their first introduction to Space Ghost or Scooby-Doo. Still others, like myself, recall the latter days of Saturday morning programming with shows like The Smurfs, Dungeons & Dragons and Saved by the Bell.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Gotham' Interview: Donal Logue on How Jim 'Reinvigorated' Harvey
- 'The Celebrity Apprentice' Predictions: Who Will Be Fired from the Top 9?
- 'Revenge' Recap: Nolan Helps Louise Take Down Her Mother
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Recap: Peter and Kordell Flirt with Claudia
- 2015 SAG Awards Live Blog: Complete List of Winners
- More From BuddyTV
- HTGAWM Sneak Peek: Suspicion Rises Around Sam's Disappearance!
- Jane the Virgin Stars Preview Rafael Vs. Xo Battle: 'There's Definitely Tension'
- Reality Check: Debate Erupts Over American Idol's Week 3 Auditions! Plus — Advice for Randy's Replacement
- Revenge Recap: Is [Spoiler] Dead? Plus: Let's Discuss That Tragic Kiss
- Sons of Liberty: Was the Premiere of History's Miniseries Revolutionary?
- More From TVLine
- Nick Jonas' Girlfriend Olivia Culpo Wore the Most Cleavage-Baring Dress We've Ever Seen
- Q&A: Jonathan Groff Gets Candid About Gay Sex on TV & His Explosive Role on 'Glee'
- Mark Ruffalo Tweets SAG Acceptance Speech from Bed
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus' Advice to Struggling Actors: 'Sleep Around'
- Are Sofia Vergara and Joe Manganiello Already Planning To Have Kids?
- More From ET