A roundup of TV people from in front of the camera and behind the scenes who have passed away.
- John McPherson: He was an Emmy-winning cinematographer, having worked on such shows as Amazing Stories, Baywatch, St. Elsewhere, Voyagers, The Incredible Hulk, Kojak, and movies such as Jaws: The Revenge, batteries not included, and Fletch Lives. He was also a director, on such shows as Babylon 5, JAG, Nash Bridges, Beverly Hills, 90210, Sliders, Strange Luck, Alien Nation, and The Incredible Hulk. He died last month at age 65.
Aw, this is sad news: longtime Match Game panelist Charles Nelson Reilly has died at the age of 76.
Of course, he was known for a lot more than that. He won a Tony Award in 1962 for his work on Broadway in How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying. Reilly was also an acclaimed director, directing such plays as The Belle of Amherst and The Gin Game. He also directed several episodes of the TV show Evening Shade. He was a regular on The Ghost and Mrs. Muir and appeared on many other shows, including Hollywood Squares, Love Boat, Nanny and the Professor, Lidsville, Here's Lucy, Love, American Style, Amazing Stories, Family Matters, The Drew Carey Show, SpongeBob SquarePants, and The X-Files.
He died of pneumonia in Los Angeles on Friday.
A Christmas Story is right up there with A Charlie Brown Christmas, Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town, and Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer as a TV staple every holiday season. TNT even devotes an entire day to showing the movie over and over again.
Bob Clark, the director of the movie, was killed earlier this morning in a car crash on the Pacific Coast Highway in California. Also killed in the crash was his 22 year-old son. Their car was hit head-on by a man that police have arrested for drunk driving.
To date Scorsese's TV projects have been limited to documentaries about American cinema and Lady Liberty. He did an Amazing Stories episode for Spielberg, but not much else. Scorsese at his best could bring some fine gangster action to a post-Sopranos world. At his worst, we could get overblown, mediocre crap resting on its laurels.
- The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. - Complete Series
- Amazing Stories - First season
- Avatar: The Last Airbender - Book One: Water, Volume Four
- Carnivale - Second season
- Jack of All Trades - Complete Series
- The Pretender - Fourth season
- Ren & Stimpy Adult Party Cartoon - The Lost Episodes
- SpongeBob SquarePants - Karate Island
- Ultraman - Volume One
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The Duggar Family Goes Radio Silent After Josh's Latest Scandal
- EXCLUSIVE: Amber Rose Sets the Record Straight on Partying With Kardashians, Her Reality Show and Wiz Khalifa's Arrest
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Major Cleavage in Pregnancy Selfies
- Marine Asks Ronda Rousey to Marine Corps Ball
- Stars Without Makeup
- More From ET