Amber Benson has certainly kept herself busy since her Buffy days. Most recently, she's been promoting her book Death's Daughter. And now, in a desperate promotional maneuver, Amber has promised that if she gets at least 85 reviews of her book on Amazon, whether they are praising or cursing the book, she will post a video of herself on YouTube dancing the Macarena.
Granted, I have no plans to read her book, but I would quite happily watch a video of Amber dancing the Macarena. I encourage you folks to post a review, and it would be helpful, but not required, if you actually read the book beforehand.
By the way, I have seen other works by Amber Benson (the writer, not the actress). I enjoyed her Ghosts of Albion series for the BBC that she did with Christopher Golden. With that in mind, perhaps I will try to read her novel.
We're not talking background players, either. Yeah, we're still stuck trying to figure out what Celebrity Jedi Chefs...is exactly (and if the pictures, as suggested by the fashion, were all magically taken in 1993), but we needn't hear any more if it means we get to see pictures of Joan Holloway (among others, after the jump) weilding a saber.
Last night, I attended the Buffy the Vampire Slayer reunion. For what happened during the panel discussion and some pictures, read on past the jump...
This Saturday, February 27 at 9:00pm, tune into Sci-Fi to see the original made-for-TV movie Gryphon, billed in the network promo as the "ultimate weapon of mass destruction." That's not entirely true -- the ultimate "weapon of mass destruction" is actually a Gryphon with severe diarrhea. However, no matter how many times I've submitted my script for that particular movie, Sci-Fi continues to turn it down. Apparently my ideas are too radical for the timid minds at that particular network.
Gryphon tells the story of two rival kingdoms who must join forces when the Gryphon (a mythical beast with the body of a lion and the head and wings of an eagle) is summoned to destroy them all. The movie stars Amber Benson (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Jonathan LaPaglia (The District, New York Undercover) and Larry Drake (LA Law). You can watch the promo here. I think it looks pretty cool, actually, in that fun, "matinee movie monster" kind of way.
The big setup scene with the girl running from the baddie reminded me of the Friday the 13th movies. Right up until the baddie started sprinting anyway. Jason, while a killing machine, is more tortoise, less hare. Of course the beauty of this scene was revealed later. After Dean and Sam run their Weekly World News scam (HA!), they get into the morgue to get a look at the girls head, and what do you know, she's a vampire. Cool special effects shot with the fang too. Suddenly everything we saw in the opening is flipped around.
Roseanne (Roseanne Barr) and Sharon (Mariel Hemingway) - Roseanne
This was an important moment in television. At the time, there was no L-Word, and two girls kissing was still a very controversial thing. Roseanne has her faults, to be sure, but standing up to the network to get this episode on the air is something to be proud of.
Ally (Calista Flockhart) and Ling (Lucy Liu) - Ally McBeal
This one strikes me as somewhat the opposite of the Roseanne kiss. There was much less statement, and much more ratings grabbing sensationalism in this lip-lock. In that regard, it worked very well. Of course, the gang over at Ally McBeal had plenty of practice. Along with Ling, Ally also kissed Georgia (Courtney Thorne-Smith) and Elaine (Jane Krokowski). But if I have to pick one, it's Ling every time. And yes, I was an Ally McBeal fan.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Supernatural' Quotes from 'Girls, Girls, Girls'
- 'Bones' 200th Episode Photos: The Gang Goes to the 1950s
- 'Bones' Episode 10.9 Photos: Does Brennan Have a Problem with Aubrey?
- 7 Thanksgiving Episodes To Escape Your Family Drama -- Available to Stream Now
- 'Supernatural' Recap: The Truth About Rowena is Revealed
- More From BuddyTV
- Dancing With the Stars Recap: Did the Right Couple Win? Plus: Top 5 Moments and Season 19 Finale Pics!
- Faking It Finale: EP Explains Karma's Dream, Liam's Sacrifice and More
- Mindy Project Recap: How Ma Got Her Groove Back
- Degrassi Surprise: Spinner Returns — and He's Still Working at the Dot!
- Awkward's Ashley Rickards Talks Jenna's Choice, Lacey's Surprise and More Season 4 Finale Twists
- More From TVLine
- Mila Kunis Steps Out Slim and Trim Only 2 Months After Having Baby
- Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman are Coming to TV -- For a Limited Time Only
- Jennifer Lawrence and Her Gal Pals Recreate 'Vanderpump Rules' Intro
- Ellen DeGeneres Plays Anastasia Steele in Goofy 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Parody
- Jordin Sparks Takes Shots at Ex-Boyfriend Jason Derulo in New Track
- More From ET