September 3, 2015
by Jane Boursaw, posted Apr 8th 2010 3:05AM
Ryan Seacrest started off the show with "Prepare yourself for a surprise or two," and we definitely got that. Based on your comments on my 'Who Will Win 'American Idol'? post a few days ago, it's really anyone's game at this point. And I mean, anyone, from the shoe-ins like Crystal Bowersox and Siobhan Magnus to the dark horses like Tim Urban and Andrew Garcia. After this week's performance show, Kona thinks Casey James also falls into that dark horse category, and I agree.
After a message about Idol Gives Back, a group medley of Lennon/McCartney tunes, and a Ford commercial (kaleidoscope fun!), we got to the results.
by Kona Gallagher, posted Apr 7th 2010 12:28AM
We're finally into the single digits tonight, but we're still going for two hours. It's Lennon/McCartney night, and Seacrest starts out by saying they have the most recognizable songs in the world. Would you agree with that? Do you think that they or Elvis were more popular worldwide? In any case, Paul McCartney gave his blessing to these contestants, so here's hoping they don't screw it up. Of course, just based on Siobhan's outfit alone, I'm a little nervous going into it.
Turns out, though, I have nothing to be nervous about. Overall, this is my favorite episode of 'Idol' so far this season. There were several performances that I enjoyed, and many that took me by surprise. Plus, 'Idol' instituted a new thing that I actually like: the interviews in which the contestants talk about each other. It was cool to hear how people are perceived in the house, but more than that, Crystal's comment about how she loves the fact that Andrew and Lee can get married and have lots of "little Danny Gokey babies" is still cracking me up.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Can 'Dancing with the Stars' Repair Paula Deen's Reputation?
- 'RHONYC' Star Sonja Morgan Not Surprised by Josh Taekman's Ashley Madison Scandal
- Will 'Bachelorette' Couple Kaitlyn Bristowe and Shawn Booth Get Their Own Spinoff Series?
- 'Last Comic Standing' Recap: From Ten To Five
- 'Extant' Recap: Molly Might Have a Way to Beat the Humanichs
- More From BuddyTV
- Bones Enlists 24's Kim Raver to Find an MIA Booth — FIRST LOOK
- Marvel's Agent Carter Season 2 First Look: Who's the (New) Boss?
- Hand of God: 5 Things to Know About Amazon's Dark Look at Faith
- Ratings: Carmichael Rises, Extant Dips
- Bloodline Season 2: Birdman Actress Joins Cast as New Series Regular
- More From TVLine
- Anne Hathaway, 32, on Losing Roles to Younger Actresses: 'Why Did That 24-Year-Old Get That Part?'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Ellen Pompeo Gets Naked and Is Moving on After McDreamy's Death!
- Ariana Grande Tweets, Then Deletes, Details About Her New Album
- Idris Elba Has the Perfect Response to Being Called 'Too Street' to Play James Bond
- Garth Brooks Records Star-Studded Remake of 'Friends in Low Places' With Jason Aldean, Keith Urban and More
- More From ET