Casting News: 'Dexter' Actress Joins 'True Blood,' Ray Romano Gets a Girlfriend on 'Men of a Certain Age' and More
According to Deadline, Ford will play Southern belle Portia Bellefleur, a lawyer who runs her own practice. She also happens to bethe sister of Bon Temps policeman Andy.
Season 4 of the HBO series is scheduled to begin shooting this month, and last week added actress Fiona Shaw to the cast as a medium who is possessed by a witch.
In other casting news ...
• Newcomer China McClain will star in the Disney Channel's new live-action comedy series. 'A.N.T. Farm' follows Chyna Sparks, a preteen music prodigy who gets accepted to a special high school music program. [TV Guide]
• Benita Robledo will star in the MTV pilot 'Patito Feo,' about a Mexican girl who moves to Florida with her mother. She'll have a run-in with the high school queen bee, setting off an in-school war. [Deadline]
Watch the video after the jump.
I say this because, even though some of what Michael did in this episode would be deemed wildly inappropriate in any office, he had a reason for it. And, compared to some of the embarrassments Michael has perpetrated within the walls of Dunder Mifflin Scranton, misinterpreting the signals from a bar manager is way, way down on the list. Remember, this is a guy who held a teenage pizza delivery guy hostage.
But it did make for a pretty funny episode. Even Dwight's Schrute-ish shenanigans weren't even all that annoying, especially because it's always funny to see his schemes backfire on him.
(S06E20) If you took this episode and dropped it in the middle of season two or three, it probably would have fit in nicely. Well, except for the fact that you might be asking why Pam was on maternity leave (and why Jim is the dad), why Andy is working in Scranton, and just who the hell Erin is.
But you know what I'm getting at. The tone, pacing, and comedy of this episode continues the recent trend of 'The Office' getting back to what made people love it to begin with. And, yes, part of that means that Michael is going to make an ass of himself. But at least the season six version of Michael somehow gets a little bit of hope mixed in with his desperation stew.
(S02E08) I like it when old friends of the main character show up for a visit. Generally, because they inevitably give out some personal information. For example, it seems that Michael has had a fondness for yogurt for some time now. The other tidbit was that Michael didn't have such high moral fiber back when he was working for the government. I'm willing to bet it was the reconnection to his family and friends that brought him back from the dark side.
The other thing that visits from old friends bring us is cool guest stars. Tim Matheson doesn't work near enough for my tastes and to see him turn up as a douchebag ex-coworker of Michael's was fun.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- ?Dancing with the Stars? Week 10 Performance Rankings
- 'Nashville' Season Finale Photos: Rayna Performs with Brad Paisley, Juliette Buries Her Mother
- BuddyTV Free Auctions: Win a Copy of the 'Game of Thrones' Book 1 or 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower' on DVD
- 'The Voice' Predictions: Who Will Go Home from the Top 10?
- 'True Blood' Beginnings: Everything You Need to Know About Jessica Hamby
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Suits' Season 3 spoiler roundup: Harvey dumps Mike, Mike dates Rachel and more
- 'Arrested Development' Rewatch Season 3, episode 9 - 'S.O.B.s'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 16 finale: Winner predictions and technical difficulties
- 'Men at Work': Gibbs gets inside Tyler's head
- Ke$ha drinks her own urine in 'My Crazy Beautiful Life' clip
- More From Zap2it
- TVLine Items: XBox Orders Live-Action Halo Series, Rena Sofer to Bold and Beautiful and More
- Fall TV Schedule Moves in Review: The Savvy, the Shocking and the Sorta Snoozeworthy
- Criminal Minds Boss Previews Finale Face-Off With The Replicator: 'He Throws the First Punch'
- Ratings: Voice Dips, DWTS Rises, Five-0 Finale Tops Hour, Goodwin Games No Winner
- Nashville Finale First Look: The Truth Comes Out – Are Rayna and Deacon Finished?
- More From TVLine