Casting News: 'Dexter' Actress Joins 'True Blood,' Ray Romano Gets a Girlfriend on 'Men of a Certain Age' and More
According to Deadline, Ford will play Southern belle Portia Bellefleur, a lawyer who runs her own practice. She also happens to bethe sister of Bon Temps policeman Andy.
Season 4 of the HBO series is scheduled to begin shooting this month, and last week added actress Fiona Shaw to the cast as a medium who is possessed by a witch.
In other casting news ...
• Newcomer China McClain will star in the Disney Channel's new live-action comedy series. 'A.N.T. Farm' follows Chyna Sparks, a preteen music prodigy who gets accepted to a special high school music program. [TV Guide]
• Benita Robledo will star in the MTV pilot 'Patito Feo,' about a Mexican girl who moves to Florida with her mother. She'll have a run-in with the high school queen bee, setting off an in-school war. [Deadline]
Watch the video after the jump.
I say this because, even though some of what Michael did in this episode would be deemed wildly inappropriate in any office, he had a reason for it. And, compared to some of the embarrassments Michael has perpetrated within the walls of Dunder Mifflin Scranton, misinterpreting the signals from a bar manager is way, way down on the list. Remember, this is a guy who held a teenage pizza delivery guy hostage.
But it did make for a pretty funny episode. Even Dwight's Schrute-ish shenanigans weren't even all that annoying, especially because it's always funny to see his schemes backfire on him.
(S06E20) If you took this episode and dropped it in the middle of season two or three, it probably would have fit in nicely. Well, except for the fact that you might be asking why Pam was on maternity leave (and why Jim is the dad), why Andy is working in Scranton, and just who the hell Erin is.
But you know what I'm getting at. The tone, pacing, and comedy of this episode continues the recent trend of 'The Office' getting back to what made people love it to begin with. And, yes, part of that means that Michael is going to make an ass of himself. But at least the season six version of Michael somehow gets a little bit of hope mixed in with his desperation stew.
(S02E08) I like it when old friends of the main character show up for a visit. Generally, because they inevitably give out some personal information. For example, it seems that Michael has had a fondness for yogurt for some time now. The other tidbit was that Michael didn't have such high moral fiber back when he was working for the government. I'm willing to bet it was the reconnection to his family and friends that brought him back from the dark side.
The other thing that visits from old friends bring us is cool guest stars. Tim Matheson doesn't work near enough for my tastes and to see him turn up as a douchebag ex-coworker of Michael's was fun.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Falling Skies' Interviews: The Finale Is 'Pretty Wild' and 'It's Not an Unhappy Ending'
- [Video] 'Bachelor in Paradise' Season 2 Kicks Off with Wedding
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 6 Power of Veto?
- The Funniest Quotes from 'Big Brother 17' Week 5
- 'The Bachelorette' Where Are They Now?: A Relationship Status Update
- More From BuddyTV
- Stephen Colbert's Late Show Promos Wield Magic, Mitt and a 'Dreamboat'
- The 100 Season 3 Video: Cast Talks Jaha's Revenge, Lexa's Return & More
- Fuller House: First Photo of 'Nicky' and 'Alex' on Set of Netflix Revival Series
- Quotes of the Week From Major Crimes, Hannibal, Masters of Sex and More!
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Big Bang, Arrow, Bates, Sleepy, Castle, Twin Peaks, UnREAL, Gotham, Dome and More
- More From TVLine
- Miranda Lambert Enjoys a Girls Night Out with Shania Twain: 'Music is Medicine'
- Celebs React to Ronda Rousey's Impressive 34-Second UFC Win
- Bobby Brown's Wife Rushed to Hospital Following Bobbi Kristina's Funeral
- 6 Reasons the 'Zoolander 2' Trailer Is Everything You've Been Waiting For
- What Does Zayn Malik Think of One Direction's New Single?
- More From ET