August 21, 2014
by Jason Hughes, posted Oct 27th 2009 2:01PM
This week, we're going to take a bit of a departure from the shows we normally cover. It's very rare that a show that puts out 76 episodes could be considered by anyone to be gone too soon, and yet I make the argument that 8 Simple Rules (for Dating My Teenage Daughter) is that show.
I'm also not going to try and convince you that 8 Simple Rules was one of the greatest sitcoms of all time, because it simply wasn't. It was a fairly standard, solid series headlined by a brilliant comic actor... and then it became something else.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 11: Top 6 Performance Rankings
- Julianne Hough Returns to 'Dancing with the Stars' as Fourth Judge
- 'Suits' Interview: Rick Hoffman Wishes 'the People of Pearson Specter Good Luck Dealing With Louis'
- The Best Zings from 'Big Brother 16'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Season 7 Premiere Photos: Jax Gets Out
- More From BuddyTV
- Reckless Sneak Peek: Will Jamie Give Love a Second Chance?
- Ratings: SYTYCD and Talent Slip to New Lows, Extant Steady, Motive Rises
- Grey's Boss Shonda Rhimes Drops Bombshell: 'I'm Not Going to Say Derek and Meredith Are Never Breaking Up'
- Nashville's Rayna and Juliette Face the Future in New Season 3 Poster
- Julianne Hough Returning to DWTS… As a Fourth Judge — Yea or Nay?
- More From TVLine