July 31, 2014
by Jason Hughes, posted Oct 27th 2009 2:01PM
This week, we're going to take a bit of a departure from the shows we normally cover. It's very rare that a show that puts out 76 episodes could be considered by anyone to be gone too soon, and yet I make the argument that 8 Simple Rules (for Dating My Teenage Daughter) is that show.
I'm also not going to try and convince you that 8 Simple Rules was one of the greatest sitcoms of all time, because it simply wasn't. It was a fairly standard, solid series headlined by a brilliant comic actor... and then it became something else.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 11: Top 14 Performance Rankings
- August 2014: Don't Miss These 15 TV Shows and Events
- 'Real Housewives' Roundup: NeNe's New Gig, Kristen's Marriage and All-New 'Wives
- 'Teen Wolf' Interview: Dylan O'Brien and Shelley Hennig Tease a Rocky Future for Stiles and Malia
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Team America's 4th Mission
- More From BuddyTV
- Sharknado 2 Takes Much Bigger Chomp Out of Ratings, Up 280% Vs. Original
- Emmy Poll 2014: Who Should Win Best Supporting Actress in a Drama?
- TVLine Items: SNL Alum Visits B99, Scandal, CSI Castings and More
- Rectify Sneak Peek: See What Inspires Amantha to Scream 'Eff That!'
- Girls Courts Spike Jonze for Guest-Starring Role in Season 4
- More From TVLine
- Lady Gaga: My Clothes Have a Soul and I Can See It
- Katy Perry Celebrates the Good Life in Trippy 'This Is How We Do' Video
- Watch Brody Jenner Smack a Man For Touching Kendall Jenner's Butt
- Anne Geddes Adorable Babies Are Heading ‘Under the Sea'
- Get Your First Look at Disney's 'Into the Woods'!
- More From ET