March 5, 2015
by Jason Hughes, posted Oct 27th 2009 2:01PM
This week, we're going to take a bit of a departure from the shows we normally cover. It's very rare that a show that puts out 76 episodes could be considered by anyone to be gone too soon, and yet I make the argument that 8 Simple Rules (for Dating My Teenage Daughter) is that show.
I'm also not going to try and convince you that 8 Simple Rules was one of the greatest sitcoms of all time, because it simply wasn't. It was a fairly standard, solid series headlined by a brilliant comic actor... and then it became something else.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'American Crime' Review: ABC's New Gritty Drama Tackles Race and Social Class
- Best 'Suits' Quotes from Season 4 Finale
- 'American Idol' Predictions: Which 4 Girls are Going Home?
- [Video] 'The Bachelor' Season 19 Finale Preview: Chris Soules Struggles with His Final Decision
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Episode 5.24 Photos: The End of Alison's Trial Brings a Surprise Witness
- More From BuddyTV
- Banshee Penultimate Season 3 Sneak Peek: Job's Cover Blown!
- Nashville Recap: Happily Never After
- Post Mortem: Suits Boss on Donna's Surprise Move, Harvey's 'Emotional Block' and Mike and Rachel's [Spoiler]
- The 100 Recap: 'It Can't Be Over'
- Empire Post Mortem: Trai Byers on That Explosive Elevator Scene, Bipolar Stigma and Rhonda's 'Betrayal'
- More From TVLine
- Bruce Willis to Make Broadway Debut in Adaptation of Stephen King's ‘Misery'
- Kim Kardashian Confession: 'I Have the Hairiest Forehead You Could Ever Imagine'
- That Time Chris Pratt Rescued Jeremy Sisto's Kids
- 'Downton Abbey' Star Dan Stevens Joins 'Beauty and the Beast' -- But Who's Playing Gaston?
- Hollywood's Sexiest Shirtless Men
- More From ET