October 30, 2014
by Jason Hughes, posted Oct 27th 2009 2:01PM
This week, we're going to take a bit of a departure from the shows we normally cover. It's very rare that a show that puts out 76 episodes could be considered by anyone to be gone too soon, and yet I make the argument that 8 Simple Rules (for Dating My Teenage Daughter) is that show.
I'm also not going to try and convince you that 8 Simple Rules was one of the greatest sitcoms of all time, because it simply wasn't. It was a fairly standard, solid series headlined by a brilliant comic actor... and then it became something else.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sons of Anarchy': 17 Shocking Moments from 'The Separation of Crows'
- 'Nashville' Recap: Will Rayna Choose Career Over Romance?
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Recap: Edward Mordrake's Hellish Carnival Gets a New Freak
- 'Criminal Minds' Recap: No Treats for These Kids on Halloween
- 'Arrow' Recap: The Devil Returns to Starling City
- More From BuddyTV
- Le Carre Series Starring Hugh Laurie, Tom Hiddleston Lands at AMC
- Ratings: black-ish Rises, Stalker and Middle Slip, CW Dramas Eye Upticks
- Slednecks Star Defends MTV's 'Crazy' New Series — Plus: An Explosive Clip
- Revenge Sneak Peek: Victoria Loses Her Cool During David's Big TV Interview
- Reign Wedding Drama: Jonathan Keltz Talks Leith's Future With(out) Greer
- More From TVLine
- Apple CEO Tim Cook: I'm Proud to be Gay
- Ricki Lake Files for Divorce from Second Husband Christian Evans
- If You Must Be a Country Cliché for Halloween, Maddie & Tae Can Show You How
- Is MTV's 'Slednecks' Their Craziest Show Yet? Watch The Cast Take a Shot of Blood!
- ET Sneak Peek: On Set With 'How To Get Away To With Murder' and Viola Davis
- More From ET