April 17, 2014
by Jason Hughes, posted Apr 10th 2009 12:36AM
(S01E01) While at its heart, and based on its creators (Michael Schur and Greg Daniels of The Office), you can't help but compare Parks & Recreation to The Office. They both film in that mockumentary style, they both feature clueless leads, and they have some of the same comic sensibilities. But how many multi-camera family sitcoms were on the air back in the '80s? Seinfeld and Friends clones in the '90s? Crime procedurals in the '00s?
It doesn't matter if a show shares similar traits with another if it has a voice all its own. And as I indicated in my "Early Look" of Parks & Recreation, they even use the documentary-style camera work differently. But the real difference for me is in the work of Amy Poehler.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Glee' Episode 5.18 Photos: First Look at Guest Star Shirley MacLaine
- 'The Following' Season 2 Episode Photos
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Rankings: Who is the Biggest Villain?
- 'Star-Crossed' Episode 10 Photos: A Hurricane Blows Inside
- 'Hell's Kitchen' Recap: The Kitchen's Hot, The Chefs Are Cold
- More From BuddyTV
- Vampire Diaries Recap: Mad World
- Community Season Finale Recap: 'Idiots Won!'
- The CW Sets Summer Premiere Dates For Beauty and the Beast, Plus Five New Series
- TVLine Items: SVU to Bring Back B.D. Wong, CSI Alum Books Glee, Dick Wolf's New Gig and More
- Exclusive Tomorrow People Video: Leven Rambin Stirs Up Lair Discontent About the Savior
- More From TVLine