(S06E20) If you took this episode and dropped it in the middle of season two or three, it probably would have fit in nicely. Well, except for the fact that you might be asking why Pam was on maternity leave (and why Jim is the dad), why Andy is working in Scranton, and just who the hell Erin is.
But you know what I'm getting at. The tone, pacing, and comedy of this episode continues the recent trend of 'The Office' getting back to what made people love it to begin with. And, yes, part of that means that Michael is going to make an ass of himself. But at least the season six version of Michael somehow gets a little bit of hope mixed in with his desperation stew.
(S02E08) I like it when old friends of the main character show up for a visit. Generally, because they inevitably give out some personal information. For example, it seems that Michael has had a fondness for yogurt for some time now. The other tidbit was that Michael didn't have such high moral fiber back when he was working for the government. I'm willing to bet it was the reconnection to his family and friends that brought him back from the dark side.
The other thing that visits from old friends bring us is cool guest stars. Tim Matheson doesn't work near enough for my tastes and to see him turn up as a douchebag ex-coworker of Michael's was fun.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 16' Week 5 Photo Booth Gallery
- 'The Bachelorette: After the Final Rose' Recap: Confronting Nick and Fantasy Suite Sex
- 'Extant' Episode 4 Photos: An Island Escape
- 'The Fosters' Recap: Brandon Reveals His Secret
- 'Under the Dome' Recap: What's in the Locker is Finally Revealed
- More From BuddyTV
- Under the Dome Recap: Tunnel Vision
- Teen Wolf Recap: Beta and Switch
- Bachelorette Finale: Who 'Won'? Who Wept? Who Spilled a Sex Secret?
- Once Upon a Time Season 4 Casts Shameless Star as Frozen's Hans; John Rhys-Davies to Voice Rock Troll
- First Look: Gracepoint Detective Issues a Stern Warning to Danny's Killer
- More From TVLine