Even comedian Will Forte, on the couch, had no idea how to react or what to do. Everything felt so completely inappropriate, and yet it really wasn't. What Sedaris was doing, though, was showing us the stretch, comfort and versatility of the pants.
"These work because they have an inside pant," she said striking a pose. "You know what I mean? So you wear them all weekend."
Someone's going to be fired, and it's probably going to be either Frankie or Bob, since Pete's the top seller. And Bob sleeping with the consultant may not help his case at all. How about just fire the consultant and keep all the sales people? Just sayin'...
Watch the video after the jump.
Stewart was in the process of interviewing Amy Sedaris when she indicated there may be tension between she and some of her siblings. Hmm. Is anyone surprised?
Watch the video after the jump.
Even better we got a surprise return, though it's something I've kind of been waiting for all season, and a hilarious guest appearance by Amy Sedaris. I can't understand why Sedaris hasn't blown up even bigger than she has. If Michael Strahan can get a big network comedy built around him, why they hell can't Amy Sedaris?
She took what could have been a pretty ordinary guest appearance, and turned it into a powerhouse performance all on its own through sheer force of will and talent.
The self-proclaimed "clown" has a guest arc on Kyra Sedgwick's cable hit 'The Closer,' as Brenda Lee's sister-in-law-to-be, Claire (Mon., Feb. 16 and Feb 23, 10PM on TNT).
No surprise the character is a wacky gal -- the part was written for Sedaris. She dished with us on her role, her psychic abilities ... and what the 'Sex and the City' movie sequel would look like if she had anything to do with it.
It's sad that the third co-creator of Strangers With Candy couldn't be involved with this production, but I think Stephen Colbert is a little busy right now with that television show of his. Strangers With Candy itself was considerably risqué and I doubt whatever she's developing will be suitable for network television. Perhaps she'll go back to Comedy Central? Hopefully, it won't land on Fox where anything of quality is canceled prematurely.
I have been lucky enough to see Amy Sedaris live on two occasions (as well as watching many episodes of Strangers With Candy) and think she has buckets of talent. Whatever she's developing, I'm confident will be better than 95% of the crap on television.
As someone who has been a fan of Colbert for about eight years, I'm here to educate, here to spread the good Word. It is the duty of a good fan -- especially one with too much time on her hands -- to change the minds of people that see Colbert just as the TV blowhard who happens to share his name.
Chelsea Handler: ... I knew I arrived when I got my period.
Everyone: [groans and laughter]
Yeah, I know how most of our male readers are. They like their ladies funny, smart, and painfully out of their league. Well, start lurking around the magazine stands, boys, because the upcoming Vanity Fair has a new Annie Leibovitz photo spread featuring some of the funniest ladies on the scene. The impressive list boasts Sandra Bernhard, Susie Essman, Tina Fey, Jenna Fischer, Chelsea Handler, Leslie Mann, Amy Poehler, Maya Rudolph, Amy Sedaris, Sarah Silverman, Wanda Sykes, and Kristen Wiig, each of them doing very typical "Hollywood bad girl" things. I especially love Maya Rudolph's hair and how Silverman manages to do Amy Winehouse better than Amy Winehouse.
- Charlie Rose: a conversation about Claude Monet
- The Daily Show: Eddie Izzard
- The Colbert Report: Cullen Murphy
- The Late Show With David Letterman: Amy Sedaris, Jordan Zevon, Chuck Liddell
- Jay Leno: Don Rickles, Josh Flitter, and Dashboard Confessional
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Seth Rogan, Chris Cornell, and Megan Fox
- Tavis Smiley: Bernie Mac
- Late Night With Conan O'Brien: Marg Helgenberer and Steve Schirippa
- The Late, Late Show With Craig Ferguson: Don Cheadle and Poison
- Last Call With Carson Daly: Oliver Hudson and Grizzly Bear
- Charlie Rose: Antonio Guterres, Jimmy Wales, and Erica Wagner
- The Daily Show: Margaret Spellings
- The Colbert Report: John Amaechi
- The Late Show With David Letterman: Seth Rogan, Charles Barkley, and Michael Martin Murphey
- Jay Leno: Demi Moore, Judd Apatow, Ziggy Marley, and Angelique Kidjo
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Jorge Garcia and the winner of Dancing with the Stars
- Tavis Smiley: Michael Yates and Ian Somerhalder
- Late Night With Conan O'Brien: Amy Sedaris and Loudon Wainwright III
- The Late, Late Show With Craig Ferguson: Carrie Fisher, Naomi Harris, and Nathan Gibson
- Last Call With Carson Daly: John Salley and Emily Haines
Before we knew him as a correspondent on The Daily Show, Mr. Noblet on Strangers with Candy, and later the star of his own faux news analyst program, The Colbert Report, Stephen Colbert was just another sketch player on shows like Exit 57 and the Dana Carvey Show. Colbert starred on the short-lived Exit 57 with Amy Sedaris and Paul Dinello, who would later re-team with him for Strangers with Candy. After the jump, see a younger Colbert and his future Daily Show co-worker Steve Carell playing waiters made sick by the mere mention of food on the Dany Carvey Show, and then watch a clip from Exit 57 with Colbert, Dinello and Sedaris that I can't really describe, except to say you get to see Colbert and Dinello makeout with one another. Mmmm, that's tasty.
Check out the vids after the jump.
(S02E04) Although I am a big fan of this show, I was never high on the Randy character. Except for a few moments here and there, I thought his non-sequitors and otherwise sheer "dumbness" brought each episode down or notch or two. That is, until last night's episode, where Randy shined like the noonday sun.
I mentioned in an earlier post where I expected to see more character development this season, and we're already seeing it with a good chunk of time devoted to Joy and Catalina. However, last night we saw the spotlight on Randy, and we learned that despite his "Baby Huey" persona on the outside, he really is a sensitive soul looking for love and respect. (Aren't we all, on some level?)
I would watch Amy Sedaris do anything. If she was in a music video featuring Kevin Federline and Nancy Grace, I would watch MTV all day long until the video came on. If she wanted to just go on TV and sit in a chair and eat a bowl of cereal, I would set my TiVo season pass for it. In short, I've had a crush on Amy Sedaris since...well, forever.
So that's why I really enjoyed this, her appearance on Sesame Street last week. She played Snow White, looking for Sesame Street. I have to admit though, Elmo's voice gets really annoying really quickly. Part 2 of the show is on the menu to the left, along with Sedaris' appearances on The Colbert Report, The Late Show With David Letterman, and other shows.
Does Sesame Street always have jokes about burping and cheese in shoes?
Orlando (Jerri's Filipino friend): You should run for Homecoming queen, Jerri.
Jerri: What? Are you joking? I don't think I'm what boys consider a "traditional beauty."
Orlando: In my country you'd be a real queen.
Jerri: Yeah, well, that's because your country is ruled by monkeys.
Orlando: Jerri, that's an ugly thing to say.
Jerri: Jeez, why are you people so sensitive about your resemblance to monkeys? They're adorable!
This episode begins with a game of dodgeball and Jerri having to sit out the game because of uneven teams. Also, it seems her teammates would rather have a slow girl with two broken arms play with them rather than Jerri. Despite not actually playing, Jerri manages to get hit with the ball, prompting Yasmine, a popular girl, to remark that Jerri is probably used to balls smacking against her face.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Teen Wolf' Season 5 Episode 7 'Strange Frequencies'
- 'Arrow' Season 4 Interview: John Barrowman on Malcolm's New Take on the League of Assassins
- 'Teen Wolf' Recap: The Pack Executes a Dreadful Plan While Kira Tries to Save Herself
- 'The Whispers' Recap: The Race to Kill Drill is On
- 'Becoming Us' Recap: An Unexpected Setback for Carly
- More From BuddyTV
- Here's How 'UnREAL' Will Stay Just As 'Despicable and Juicy' in Season 2!
- Miley Cyrus and Reported Girlfriend Stella Maxwell Get REALLY NSFW in Racy 'W' Photoshoot
- The Hotwives Head to Las Vegas in the Exclusive Trailer for Season 2
- One Direction's Louis Tomlinson Confirms He's Going to Be a Dad on 'Good Morning America'
- Rihanna Parties With Lewis Hamilton in Scantily-Clad Costume at Barbados' Crop Over Celebration
- More From ET