- More on the Winter Olympics and how bad NBC is messing them up,
- The latest way the network morning shows are scaring parents (it has to do with the site Chatroulette),
- The crazy first week of March on TV this year,
- How most of the pilot casting news you're hearing about right now isn't going to matter in a couple of months,
- How quickly the Andrew Koenig story spread from Twitter and Facebook to 'Larry King' and other national coverage (we taped this before Koenig's body was found yesterday),
- Picks of the week, and more.
Run time is 1:17:05.
You can listen to the podcast below, or download from here or by subscribing to our RSS podcast feed. It is also available via iTunes. Feel free to leave us feedback in the comments or drop us a line at tvsquadpodcast [at] gmail [dot] com.
As usual, the music at the beginning and end of the podcast is "Life" by Justin Trawick.
My apologies for the hinky sound coming from Bob and Jason. It was a recording error that will get fixed for next week's show.
Well, this is sad news. 'The Fox Report With Shepard Smith' (weeknights, 7PM ET on FNC) is reporting that cops say they've found a body believed to be that of Andrew Koenig, best known for playing "Boner" on 'Growing Pains.'
Vancouver police and the actor's father, Walter Koenig (best known for playing Lt. Chekov on the original 'Star Trek,' have confirmed the news. Later, during an emotional press conference, Walter Koenig acknowledged, "My son took his own life." For more on the story, visit Popeater.com.
Vancouver police released a statement earlier today that said a body was found in Stanley Park around noon that they believed was Koenig, the 41-year-old actor, activist and photographer who played Boner on the 80's sitcom 'Growing Pains'.
Andrew's mother, Judy, and father have just offered a public statement. Through the tears, they thanked the people who reached out to the family and urged people who think they are suffering from depression to seek help through their friends and family.
The parents of Andrew Koenig, best known for playing Richard "Boner" Stabone on the television series 'Growing Pains', walked off the set of 'Larry King Live' when their segment was interrupted by a breaking news story. Andrew's father is Walter Koenig, who is best known for playing the character of Pavel Chekov on the original 'Star Trek' series (and is only slightly less known for playing the evil telepath Alfred Bester on 'Babylon 5').If I were the parents of a missing child, no matter what age, and I was invited to a major news program to plead for his safe return only to have the segment delayed, I'd be pissed off too. It's tough to blame the Koenigs for their behavior, particularly with a missing child. CNN should have rescheduled or at least pre-taped the segment like they did with Andrew's sister. It seems like Larry is getting a little insensitive in his old age.
Apparently, they were all set to appear on 'Larry King Live' (weeknights, 9PM ET on CNN), but abruptly left the studio without explanation.
You have to wonder if they received information at the last minute that they couldn't talk about. Or maybe they're just too distraught to talk about it. Either way, it's all very sad, and we hope Andrew turns up safe and sound.
Watch the video after the jump.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Glee' Quotes from 'Previously Unaired Christmas'
- 'The Tomorrow People' Fall Finale Photos: 'Death's Door'
- 'The Bachelor' Season 18 Premiere Photos: Juan Pablo's Journey Begins
- 'Scandal' Recap: The Safe House that Lies Built
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: Changing The Face Of Medicine
- More From BuddyTV
- 'X Factor': Simon Cowell - 'Say Something' was Alex and Sierra's big moment
- 'The Sound of Music Live!': Watch Carrie Underwood, Stephen Moyer, and more sing the classics
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Why I'm okay with Cristina hooking up with an intern
- 'The Vampire Diaries' recap: Damon's dark, secret revenge is revealed while one couple reignites their passion
- 'The X Factor' Top 6 results: Did Ellona Santiago, Rion Paige, Carlito Olivero go home?
- More From Zap2it
- Scandal Recap: I'm Friends With the Monster
- Glee Recap: 'That Was the Most Sacrilegious and Profane Horror Show I Have Ever Seen' [Updated]
- Was Sound of Music Live! Music to Your Ears?
- Grey's Anatomy Recap: Sister Attacked
- The X Factor Top 6 Results Recap: Did the Right Two Acts Go Home This Week?
- More From TVLine