Hey, zombies are human, too! Well, I guess not, as Shane so eloquently demonstrates with a couple of well placed rounds through the heart. Honestly, why does the voice of reason on this show have to be such an asshole? Yes, Shane has become the voice of reason. And not just because he was 100 percent right about the walkers in the barn being dangerous – I mean, look at the risk Rick and Hershel took while trying to "guide" those two walkers into the barn. But, without Shane, we'd still be watching a show about a group looking for a lost girl in the woods. It took seven episodes to find her. They did find her. At least that's over.
The good news: To this point, this was the best episode of the season.
Do you know what was great about this episode? (Other than the fact it didn't include ridiculous subplots involving bloated zombies trapped in a well?) It's because this episode was all about Daryl.
Lincoln played the sensitive and conflicted Edgar Cooke, a.k.a. Egg, in the critically acclaimed mid-'90s BBC drama, 'This Life.' Set in South London, the series followed the trials and tribulations of a houseful of 20-something college graduates as they embarked on their fledgling legal careers.
'This Life' became notorious for its portrayal of hard-working, hard-partying young professionals and its liberal heapings of sex, drugs and booze, all played out against a Portishead soundtrack.
After the jump, check out Lincoln in 'This Life.' (And yes, there is some Portishead.)
Andrew Lincoln has been cast as the lead in the upcoming AMC series 'The Walking Dead' based on the comic book of the same name. The series will be executive-produced by Frank Darabont, who is also writing and directing the pilot.
I've never seen any of Lincoln's previous work but I have read the comic. Lincoln seems a good casting choice although truthfully the part is somewhat generic and there are probably many lead actors who might have done the role just as well. Upon reading the comic, one actor that came to mind for the main character of Rick Grimes was Scott Bakula, but he's probably a little too old for that character now.
Jon Bernthal has been cast as Rick's partner in the police force, but he's likely only going to be seen in flashback as he's never really seen over the course of the comic. In fact, he's likely zombie food by the middle of the first issue. This is assuming the television series follows the same general story as the comic, which is no guarantee. See 'True Blood' for an example of this.
AMC has announced that it has recruited Andrew Lincoln to fill the lead role in its new zombie drama series, adapted from the comic books by Robert Kirkman.
Lincoln -- a British actor perhaps best known Stateside for his role as the lovelorn Mark in 2003's 'Love Actually,' or on the UK television series 'Teachers' -- will play Rick Grimes, a small-town cop trying to lead a pack of human survivors to safety after zombies have taken over the world. Jon Bernthal ('The Pacific') has already been cast as Shane, Grimes' old police partner.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- ?Dancing with the Stars? Week 10 Performance Rankings
- 'Nashville' Season Finale Photos: Rayna Performs with Brad Paisley, Juliette Buries Her Mother
- 'The Voice' Predictions: Who Will Go Home from the Top 10?
- 'True Blood' Beginnings: Everything You Need to Know About Jessica Hamby
- 'The Voice' Season 4: Top 10 Performance Rankings
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Bates Motel' Season 2 preview: More of Norman and Norma's relatives on the way
- Xbox One: Live action 'Halo' TV series coming from Steven Spielberg and 343 Industries
- Ricky Gervais''Derek' gets Netflix premiere date
- 'The Bachelor's Funniest Moments': Foot fetish, orange-rind mouth and more
- 'Downton Abbey' auction lets you read poetry to Mr. Bates - um, what?
- More From Zap2it
- Fall TV Schedule Moves in Review: The Savvy, the Shocking and the Sorta Snoozeworthy
- Criminal Minds Boss Previews Finale Face-Off With The Replicator: 'He Throws the First Punch'
- Ratings: Voice Dips, DWTS Rises, Five-0 Finale Tops Hour, Goodwin Games No Winner
- Nashville Finale First Look: The Truth Comes Out – Are Rayna and Deacon Finished?
- Exclusive Preview: Marvel's Avengers Assemble on Disney XD — Plus: The Super Premiere Plan
- More From TVLine