Bart learned the complexities of women and relationships while Lisa got a major boost in her self-esteem from Flotus1, a commenter on her gardening blog who was revealed to be someone everyone knows: the First Lady of the United States. The episode focused almost entirely on the school, and was incredibly entertaining throughout; definitely one of the strongest installments of the season so far.
So many of the gags and little jokes worked, like Lisa's teacher deriding her overachiever tendencies, Nelson taking a blind kid under his wing and even Bart and Nikki's discussion on proper vampires.
Kids in the Hall: Death Comes to Town - Tuesday March 16, 9 pm, CBC
True story: When I was in high school, I was lucky enough to be invited on a date by the new guy at school. His dad worked with CBC and our date was to be a live taping of the original 'Kids in the Hall' sketch show. My date treated me to a large soda before the show and once seated, we discovered we were not allowed to get up again until taping concluded. Long story short: I peed my pants I laughed so hard. Needless to say, I didn't get a second date. Having the Kids back on TV has been a blast, and hopefully this final episode of 'Death Comes to Town' isn't the last time we'll see them reunited.
We all know that ER is famous for its deaths. Not only of the patients that are served by Chicago's County General but of its staff as well. Particularly in its emergency room. Fact of the matter is, there have been so many deaths of ER personnel that I'm surprised that a police investigation hasn't been opened to determined if they were natural or a bit suspicious. Some of these deaths have been shocking, such as Lucy Knight's during season six. Others were long in coming, like Mark Greene's peaceful death in season 8.
Apparently Angela Bassett would. Bassett, who is joining the cast of ER as a "troubled" new attending, is bringing her husband along with her. Courtney B. Vance, who spent five seasons on NBC's Law & Order: Criminal Intent as ADA Ron Carver, is also joining the cast. Vance will be playing another attending physician an the on-screen husband of his real-life wife on a recurring basis. While I'm sure that the set of ER is a perfectly safe place for Vance, I'm highly worried about the fate of his character.
This is the first full-time series for Ms. Bassett, an Oscar-nominated actress for What's Love Got to Do With It? (1994). Who will ever forget her playing Tina Turner in that film? She made muscular arms on a woman sexy, in addition to providing a terrific performance as the musical star. In 2006, she was superb in the indie hit Akeelah and the Bee, and on TV, she did a short stint on Alias in 2005 as a CIA director.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 6 Power of Veto?
- The Funniest Quotes from 'Big Brother 17' Week 5
- 'The Bachelorette' Where Are They Now?: A Relationship Status Update
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Are the Week 6 Nominees?
- 'The Originals' Interview: Danielle Campbell Teases Davina in Her Role as Regent
- More From BuddyTV
- Hannibal Recap: Stop Dragon Her Heart Around
- Downton Abbey Boss, Cast on Movie Hopes, Unexpected Season 6 Renewal
- Ratings: Descendants Makes a Bigger Splash Than Teen Beach 2
- Game of Thrones Casts Ian McShane in Season 6 Mystery Role
- PBS Announces Premiere Date for Downton Abbey's Final Season
- More From TVLine
- Prince William & Queen Elizabeth Look Regal in Newly Released Portraits
- 'Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation' Scores Highest Opening Numbers in Franchise History
- Dave Grohl Responds After 1,000 Musicians Play Foo Fighters Song in Unison, Plus 5 More Reasons Why He's Awesome
- Valerie Harper Replaced in 'Nice Work If You Can Get It' Following Hospital Stay
- Channing Tatum Closes Deal to Star in 'Gambit' Despite Rumors
- More From ET