There's another Cagney & Lacey story in the news. CSI creator Anthony Zuiker wants to revive the show for CBS. For those who don't recall, Cagney & Lacey was the top female cop drama of the 1980's -- actually of all time. It was a serious police drama, unlike something jiggly like Charlie's Angels or safe and pedestrian like Police Woman.
I like to think of it as CSI: In the House, as this does vaguely resemble the plot for LL's previous TV role on that fairly successful sitcom. LL appeared in an episode of House last season, as well as the movies Last Holiday and SWAT. There is nothing official on when this all might come to fruition, but given that it is CBS golden boy Zuiker, things should move quickly.
CSI creator Anthony Zuiker thinks that the reason CSI: NY isn't doing as well as it could is because the show is too gritty and dark, so look for big changes this fall in an attempt to lighten up the show and make it more viewer-friendly.
Look for more episodes involving puppies, wacky neighbors, and a really funny episode where Gary Sinese has two dates for the same night...with twins!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- George Eads to Exit CSI
- True Detective: Rachel McAdams and Season 2 Character Details Confirmed
- Pilot Scoop: Michael Stahl-David to Star in TNT's '70s Drug Drama
- Emily Wickersham Talks NCIS Holiday Drama, Gibbs' Big Reveal to Bishop
- Ratings: AMAs Slip, Football Pops, Mulaney Down, Madam Sec'y Eyes Gain
- More From TVLine
- Beyonce Put Her Album on Spotify and You Should Listen to It (No Matter What Taylor Swift Says)
- Did Selena Gomez Whisper Something To Justin Bieber During Her AMA Performance?
- Who Is the Highest Earning Celebrity Under 30?
- 'The Originals' Claire Holt on the Return of Rebekah and Which Brother Haley Should Date!
- The Best Marriage Advice That Jordan Knight Gave Nick Carter
- More From ET