There's another Cagney & Lacey story in the news. CSI creator Anthony Zuiker wants to revive the show for CBS. For those who don't recall, Cagney & Lacey was the top female cop drama of the 1980's -- actually of all time. It was a serious police drama, unlike something jiggly like Charlie's Angels or safe and pedestrian like Police Woman.
I like to think of it as CSI: In the House, as this does vaguely resemble the plot for LL's previous TV role on that fairly successful sitcom. LL appeared in an episode of House last season, as well as the movies Last Holiday and SWAT. There is nothing official on when this all might come to fruition, but given that it is CBS golden boy Zuiker, things should move quickly.
CSI creator Anthony Zuiker thinks that the reason CSI: NY isn't doing as well as it could is because the show is too gritty and dark, so look for big changes this fall in an attempt to lighten up the show and make it more viewer-friendly.
Look for more episodes involving puppies, wacky neighbors, and a really funny episode where Gary Sinese has two dates for the same night...with twins!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Sing-Off': The AcoUstiKats twerk backstage before performances
- 'Psych: The Musical' was 'a Herculean task,' says James Roday
- TV Snacks: 'How I Met Your Mother' fave returns, 'Happy Endings' on VH1
- 'Sean Saves the World' sets 'Will & Grace' reunion with Megan Mullally guest appearance
- 'Doctor Who': Peter Capaldi's Doctor costume a mix of 'old-fashioned' and the future
- More From Zap2it
- Law & Order Vet Dann Florek to Exit SVU
- Tomorrow People's Mark Pellegrino Talks Protecting John, Obeying The Founder and More
- Exclusive: Will & Grace Reunion on Sean Saves the World, Megan Mullally to Play Sean's [Spoiler]
- TVLine Items: Gossip Guy Is NBC's Tin Man, Mom Casts Dad, Happy Endings' New Home and More
- Exclusive Parenthood First Look: Crosby Drops Some Slutty-But-Soulful Knowledge on Drew
- More From TVLine