It starts with Charlie, with his face painted in camouflage, swimming in the darkness, channeling his dad's classic 'Apocalypse Now' character Captain Benjamin J. Willard. As a voice-over of Charlie reciting his dad's famous monologue plays (with a few slight tweaks), the camera pans out, and we realize Sheen is just swimming in his backyard pool. Then his dad comes out of the house and yells at him to wash his face and get inside and tells Charlie's poolside goddesses it's time to go home as Charlie laments, "C'mon Dad!"
The video was directed by Roman Coppola, who will also direct the indie film Sheen just signed on to do called 'A Glimpse into the Mind of Charlie Swan III.' According to EW, Martin's involvement in the sketch was a last-minute decision that Charlie announced to the crew by saying, "We're going to need some lines for my father."
Check out the hilarious and oddly heartfelt video after the jump.
The 'Los Angeles Times' reports that Spradlin died of natural causes at his cattle ranch in San Luis Obispo on Sunday.
Born in Oklahoma in 1920, Spradlin served in the Army Air Forces in China during World War II and worked as a lawyer before becoming rich as an independent oil producer.
He turned to acting in his 40s and used his real-life experience as an attorney, oilman and rancher to play men in charge.
Spradlin also directed John F. Kennedy's 1960 presidential campaign in Oklahoma and ran for mayor of Oklahoma City, unsuccessfully, in 1965.
According to Fishburne, working with Brando was an experience involving magic tricks, head-scratching wonder at being in the presence of a larger-than-life movie legend, and the enjoyment of -- putting it delicately -- herbal refreshment.
Watch the video after the jump.
So I dove into it, and the subsequent books in the series. It was fascinating and rich, and uniquely told. It is the biography of an old Aztec man as he told it to a Bishop. The Bishop, in turn, wrote the story in a series of letters to the Spanish King, and it is these letters that make up the chapters of the book.
The story was so unique and so uniquely told, I remember at the time thinking it would make a wonderful mini-series. And now, after all these years, that might just happen. Aztec has just been optioned for television as a possible mini-series. It's just too bad Jennings didn't live to see it.
(S19E15) "I'm not a nerd. I'm a jock who's too cool for sports." -- Bart Simpson
From the outside, the Family Simpson comprises a group of people who go from one wacky adventure to another. Yet, when you go beneath their four-fingered exteriors, each member of the family is actually fighting their own little battle. For Bart it's the fight against the establishment; for Marge it's finding order withing the disorder of her life; for Maggie it's getting through an entire day on one pacifier; and for Homer it is the philosophical dilemma of whether or not death brings forth life or life brings on death. That, or just trying to get between breakfast and lunch without starving to death...it really depends on the day.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.6 Photos: A Visit from April's Mom
- 'Constantine' Series Premiere Recap: John Constantine Makes a Big Entrance
- The 10 Best Looks of 'Project Runway' Season 13
- 'Reign' Episode 2.5 Photos: Will Greer Get Married?
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: One Team is Accused of Playing Dirty
- More From BuddyTV
- Constantine: Will You Go to Hell and Back for NBC's New Drama?
- Grimm Season 4 Premiere Recap: Trubel-ing Times
- ABC's Manhattan Love Story Is Fall TV Season's First Cancellation
- BSG's Tricia Helfer Suits Up as Harvey's Foe (and Lust Interest)
- The Originals Adds Everwood Alumna Debra Mooney as Werewolf Matriarch
- More From TVLine
- Renee Zellweger and 7 Other Stars Who Dramatically Changed Their Look
- One Direction Parties With Danny DeVito in ‘Steal My Girl' Music Video!
- Flashback: Before 'Honey Boo Boo' Got Famous
- Halle Berry vs. Britney Spears: Inside Look at Their Sexy Lingerie Lines
- Happy 30th Birthday Katy Perry! Watch Her Greatest ET Moments
- More From ET