While it's unlikely Muhammad will be making an appearance (although not outside the realm of possibility given the surreal nature of the show), one has to wonder how the creators will celebrate this landmark occasion, particularly when the show has been on the verge of cancellation at least twice (with two "final" episodes aired: 'The Last One' and the live action 'Last Last One Forever and Ever').
A rather awesome video press release was created by Adult Swim for the occasion. It's available after the jump. What would you like to see in 'Aqua Teen Hunger Force's' 100th episode?
Adult Swim fans can now go online and create a disc full of their favorite episodes from the channel's top shows with the Build Your Custom DVD tool.
For $20, you get 110 minutes worth of space to build a DVD. You can choose any of the available episodes from such series as Venture Brothers (right), Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Sealab 2021. After arranging them in your preferred order, you give your DVD a name, description and cover art before paying for it and burning your unique creation.
As I said when Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters was released in April, the film is essentially review proof, which is why I loved it and a lot of critics hated it. I was drawn to the series since it first appeared in 2000, because it fed my love for the absurd and nonsensical. Quite honestly, if the feature film had been a critical favorite I might have considered that a failure in many ways. Aqua Teen Hunger Force gained popularity precisely because it was a weird little show buried in the late night schedule of Cartoon Network, a diamond in the rough fans had to discover on their own. Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters, and the aptly titled Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters for DVD are for those who are already in on the joke . . . or really high.
Here's some cool animation news from the past week or so:
First, if you dig the heavy metal sounds of Dethklok, the brutal (but rather stupid) band from the Adult Swim series Metalocalypse, you'll be happy to know the band is doing a tour of some college campuses, according to Toon Zone and Adult Swim HQ. I'll keep you posted as more information becomes available. Other yet-to-be-announced bands will also be touring to promote Adult Swim.
So there I was poking around this blog when I came across this post I did back in April where I relayed the news to all of you that the Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie would be out in September. 'Wait a second,' thought I, 'we're already halfway through September and I haven't heard or seen anything about this movie at all.' I had to do a lot of digging, because Adult Swim makes it nearly impossible to find any information on their shows, but I finally found this posting on the AS messageboards from BrandMerrill, who I think might be Andy Merrill, who provides the voice of Oglethorpe on the series, and apparently in the movie, too. Anyway, he's listed as a "Swim Insider" so let's assume this missive he left is true:
The movie is actually almost done. I've seen part of it. The stuff I saw was really good. But the people who distribute movies said we should put it out in February, so since they do movies all the time and we do not, we are going to listen to them.
So there you go, the movie will be out in February, or so I shall assume. Oh yeah, and if this was mentioned on any of the bumps during the AS block you'll have to forgive me. Since I watch everything on Tivo I tend to skip over those.
Do you enjoy Adult Swim programming but wish you could watch it on a much smaller screen that you hold in your hand? Well, you just got your wish because Adult Swim has added three shows to the iTunes store. Now you can watch episodes of Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Venture Bros., and Sealab 2021 on your video iPod or on your computer screen. I think Venture Bros. may suffer somewhat visually if viewed on a tiny screen, but shows like Aqua Teen and Sealab 2021 are just minimalist enough for that not to matter. Hopefully they'll add more shows in the furture. The episodes will cost the usual $1.99 per download.
Also, Cartoon Network has added episodes of Johnny Bravo and Squirrel Boy.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Spoilers: Two Contestants Arrive While Someone Has a Change of Heart
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 10 Power of Veto?
- 'Bones': 10 Memorable Moments at the Jeffersonian
- The Funniest Quotes from ?Big Brother 17? Week 9
- 'The Bachelor' Book Club: Reality Stars Turned Authors
- More From BuddyTV
- Quotes of the Week: Hannibal, Scream, Bachelor in Paradise, Days and More
- Archer Cast on Season 7: Espionage, Giant Animals and... Cocaine Pies?
- Big Bang Theory Season 9: Our Hopes for 'Shamy,' Li'l Wolowitz and More
- Hannibal Finale Post Mortem: Bryan Fuller on Will/Lecter Love, Bedelia's Last Supper, That Siouxsie Sioux Jam
- Alison Brie and Cast of Teachers Preview 'Shocking' TV Land Comedy
- More From TVLine
- Fergie & Josh Duhamel Celebrate Axl's 2nd Birthday with 'Top Gun' Sendup
- Robert Downey, Jr. Celebrates Tenth Wedding Anniversary With Sweet Instagram Photo
- Taylor Swift & Avril Lavigne Sing 'Complicated' on 1989 Tour in San Diego
- EXCLUSIVE: Khloe Kardashian Spills on Fireworks Fiasco at Boyfriend's Yacht Party: 'No One Would Just Take That Risk'
- 11 Most Daring Celebrity Swimsuit Moments of the Summer
- More From ET