While it's unlikely Muhammad will be making an appearance (although not outside the realm of possibility given the surreal nature of the show), one has to wonder how the creators will celebrate this landmark occasion, particularly when the show has been on the verge of cancellation at least twice (with two "final" episodes aired: 'The Last One' and the live action 'Last Last One Forever and Ever').
A rather awesome video press release was created by Adult Swim for the occasion. It's available after the jump. What would you like to see in 'Aqua Teen Hunger Force's' 100th episode?
Adult Swim fans can now go online and create a disc full of their favorite episodes from the channel's top shows with the Build Your Custom DVD tool.
For $20, you get 110 minutes worth of space to build a DVD. You can choose any of the available episodes from such series as Venture Brothers (right), Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Sealab 2021. After arranging them in your preferred order, you give your DVD a name, description and cover art before paying for it and burning your unique creation.
As I said when Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters was released in April, the film is essentially review proof, which is why I loved it and a lot of critics hated it. I was drawn to the series since it first appeared in 2000, because it fed my love for the absurd and nonsensical. Quite honestly, if the feature film had been a critical favorite I might have considered that a failure in many ways. Aqua Teen Hunger Force gained popularity precisely because it was a weird little show buried in the late night schedule of Cartoon Network, a diamond in the rough fans had to discover on their own. Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters, and the aptly titled Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters for DVD are for those who are already in on the joke . . . or really high.
Here's some cool animation news from the past week or so:
First, if you dig the heavy metal sounds of Dethklok, the brutal (but rather stupid) band from the Adult Swim series Metalocalypse, you'll be happy to know the band is doing a tour of some college campuses, according to Toon Zone and Adult Swim HQ. I'll keep you posted as more information becomes available. Other yet-to-be-announced bands will also be touring to promote Adult Swim.
So there I was poking around this blog when I came across this post I did back in April where I relayed the news to all of you that the Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie would be out in September. 'Wait a second,' thought I, 'we're already halfway through September and I haven't heard or seen anything about this movie at all.' I had to do a lot of digging, because Adult Swim makes it nearly impossible to find any information on their shows, but I finally found this posting on the AS messageboards from BrandMerrill, who I think might be Andy Merrill, who provides the voice of Oglethorpe on the series, and apparently in the movie, too. Anyway, he's listed as a "Swim Insider" so let's assume this missive he left is true:
The movie is actually almost done. I've seen part of it. The stuff I saw was really good. But the people who distribute movies said we should put it out in February, so since they do movies all the time and we do not, we are going to listen to them.
So there you go, the movie will be out in February, or so I shall assume. Oh yeah, and if this was mentioned on any of the bumps during the AS block you'll have to forgive me. Since I watch everything on Tivo I tend to skip over those.
Do you enjoy Adult Swim programming but wish you could watch it on a much smaller screen that you hold in your hand? Well, you just got your wish because Adult Swim has added three shows to the iTunes store. Now you can watch episodes of Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Venture Bros., and Sealab 2021 on your video iPod or on your computer screen. I think Venture Bros. may suffer somewhat visually if viewed on a tiny screen, but shows like Aqua Teen and Sealab 2021 are just minimalist enough for that not to matter. Hopefully they'll add more shows in the furture. The episodes will cost the usual $1.99 per download.
Also, Cartoon Network has added episodes of Johnny Bravo and Squirrel Boy.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Nashville' Finale: 7 Burning Questions for Season 2
- 'Hannibal': 21 Creepy Moments from 'Trou Normand'
- 'Nashville' Music Videos: Juliette's 'Nothing In This World' & Avery and Scarlett's 'Moon is High'
- Blake Shelton Organizes Benefit Concert for Oklahoma Tornado Victims
- 'The Glades' Season 4 Preview: The Proposal Cliffhanger, a Time Jump and Jim as a Step-Dad
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Fresh Prince' reunion: Will Smith does theme song rap with Alfonso Ribeiro and DJ Jazzy Jeff
- 'Real Housewives of New York': LuAnn de Lesseps may not return due to salary conflict
- NBC schedules Oklahoma Tornado benefit concert; 'Cult' returns to CW schedule
- Reality TV pioneer Mike Darnell leaves FOX: 'It has truly been an amazing ride'
- 'The Originals' new premiere episode: What's coming for 'The Vampire Diaries' spinoff?
- More From Zap2it
- American Idol and X Factor 'Probably Hurt Each Other,' Fox's Exiting Reality Chief Concedes
- Fox's Top Reality Exec Mike Darnell to Depart Amid Major American Idol Overhaul
- TV Season in Review: Breaks Are Bad, Gore Is Good, a Reality Check and More Lessons Learned
- What to Watch: Your Guide to 35 Memorial Day Weekend Marathons and Specials!
- TVLine Items: Cult Returns to The CW, New True Blood Promo Declares War on Vamps and More!
- More From TVLine