While it's unlikely Muhammad will be making an appearance (although not outside the realm of possibility given the surreal nature of the show), one has to wonder how the creators will celebrate this landmark occasion, particularly when the show has been on the verge of cancellation at least twice (with two "final" episodes aired: 'The Last One' and the live action 'Last Last One Forever and Ever').
A rather awesome video press release was created by Adult Swim for the occasion. It's available after the jump. What would you like to see in 'Aqua Teen Hunger Force's' 100th episode?
Here's tonight's TV lineup (all times Eastern). All shows mentioned are new, unless otherwise noted.
7:00 to 8:00
ABC: 'America's Funniest Home Videos'
CBS: '60 Minutes' -- Interview with John Gotti Jr.
FOX: 'Til Death'
NBC: 'Dateline NBC'
Animal Planet: 'Wild Kingdom'
8:00 to 9:00
ABC: 'Extreme Makeover: Home Edition'
CBS: 'Amazing Race'
FOX: 'The Simpsons' and 'The Cleveland Show'
Disney: 'Sonny With a Chance' and 'Good Luck Charlie'
Food Network: 'Food Network Challenge'
9:00 to 10:00
ABC: 'Brothers & Sisters' -- Two-hour edition
CBS: 'Undercover Boss'
FOX: 'Family Guy' and 'American Dad'
NBC: 'The Celebrity Apprentice'
A&E: 'Gene Simmons Family Jewels' -- 9:30 start time
Food Network: 'Ultimate Recipe Showdown'
HBO: 'The Pacific'
Showtime: 'The Tudors' -- Season premiere
Style: 'Kimora: Life in the Fab Lane'
10:00 to 11:00
CBS: 'Cold Case'
A&E: 'Kristie Alley's Big Life'
AMC: 'Breaking Bad'
Discovery: 'The Deadliest Catch: Best of Season 5'
Food Network: 'Iron Chef America'
HBO: 'Treme' -- Series premiere
History: 'Ax Men'
Lifetime: 'Army Wives' -- Season premiere
TLC: 'Hoarding: Buried Alive'
11:00 and beyond
Cartoon Network (Adult Swim): 'Aqua Teen Hunger Force' at midnight and 'Tim and Eric's Awesome Show, Great Job' at 12:30
Yes, it is silly, downright juvenile, and even a tad obscene in places. But as holiday stress relief goes, it's hard to top "I Sure Hope I Don't Have to Beat Your Ass This Christmas," with an ungrateful Master Shake threatening poor little Meatwad (the live version of the song is above). Or Meatwad's duet with alt.country siren Neko Case on "Santa Left a Booger in My Stocking." Or Meatwad singing "Feliz Navi-wad." (If you're not a Meatwad fan, don't pick this up, he's featured on almost every track).
According to a network release, Robot Chicken gets the jingle bell rolling Dec. 6 at 11:45 p.m. ET/PT with Episode 71, "Dear Consumer." The show tunes in as "Thor celebrates Christmas in Asgard, and Santa adds 'Walter PPK' to the bad boy list.
The Aqua Teen Hunger Force Christmas Special premieres Sunday, Dec. 13 at 11:45 p.m. ET/PT -- sending The Aqua Teens out to record and release their own Christmas album -- after they steal someone's identity.
Adult Swim fans can now go online and create a disc full of their favorite episodes from the channel's top shows with the Build Your Custom DVD tool.
For $20, you get 110 minutes worth of space to build a DVD. You can choose any of the available episodes from such series as Venture Brothers (right), Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Sealab 2021. After arranging them in your preferred order, you give your DVD a name, description and cover art before paying for it and burning your unique creation.
Getting season two of Robot Chicken, volume one of Moral Orel, volume two of Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and volume three of Space Ghost Coast to Coast just seemed like a bonus. Well worth the suggested retail price of $69.98 for Adult Swim fans who haven't already purchased any of the included sets.
The pilots are a mixed bag, but mostly good. The Best of Totally for Teens is a live action parody of a moralistic teen variety show hosted by thirtysomethings trying to be hip. It's a promising premise, one that should maybe be revisited, but the pilot is a bit of a mess. It hits topics ripe for satire in the format like teen insecurity, drugs, and sex, and has the right look for Adult Swim.
So, read through our list of TV's most shocking events, moments and mishaps ... and prepare to be scandalized. -- By Adam Duerson
The Adult Swim Presents Summer at Santos Series includes six live shows featuring a different musical and/or comedy performance each night.
It's a great opportunity for fans of various Adult Swim series to see their creators and stars live and on stage. The casts and minds behind Metalocalypse, Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! were each asked to prepare their own unique show for their respective night.
Even when we first started watching it last night, with Season 3, Episode 1 I was reluctant to say I was enjoying it. Eleven episodes later and I was laughing out loud when Granny was transformed with road kill skin grafts and an udderly disgusting boob job. It's a tradition in our house to look at one another at the end of each episode of ATHF and say "what the f**k did we just watch?!" Squidbillies gives me that same feeling of ridiculous. Not to mention the characters remind me of some of the people who live in the small Midwest town I find myself now.
As with every other episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force, you'll probably have to be high to truly understand their sense of humor (which makes sense, since they're probably high whenever they write an episode).
Frylock will be played by rapper T-Pain. Master Shake will be played by Jon Benjamin. Carl will be played by first time actor Dave Long, Jr., the winner of Adult Swim's Carl look-alike contest. I'm so used to hearing Dana Snyder, Carey Means and Dave Willis as the voices of our intrepid heroes that if these actors try to do the same voices, it may feel "wrong" to me somehow. Here's hoping they can nail each character perfectly, or that the animated voices are dubbed over.
Photos are after the jump. Enjoy.
To enter, simply leave a comment below before 5:00PM Eastern, Friday, February 1, simply telling us what your favorite moment of ATHF is. As always, we'll randomly choose five winners amongst the eligible entries. Some other details:
- To enter, leave a confirmed comment below stating what your favorite moment of Aqua Teen Hunger Force is.
- The comment must be left before February 1, 2008 at 5:00PM Eastern Time.
- You may enter only once.
- Five winners will be selected in a random drawing.
- Five winners will receive a copy of Aqua Teen Hunger Force volume 5 on DVD (valued at $29.98).
Today on TV Squad Daily:
- American Idol contestants are accusing Simon Cowell of fixing the competition.
- Did the head of Cartoon Network really need to resign following the Boston bomb scare over Aqua Teen Hunger Force advertisements?
- Clay Aiken's plan for fighting back against tabloid rumors is bound to backfire.
The folks at National Lampoon have created a bizarre parody video combining 24's Jack Bauer and the Cartoon Network's bird-flipping Mooninites, interwoven with real cable news footage of the discovery of the Aqua Teen Lite Bright battery-operated boards that terrorized Boston last week.
The video starts with the 24 ticking clock and shows Jack Bauer interrogating various cartoon characters, including the Aqua Teen milk shake known as "Master Shake" who is duct-taped down to a chair while Jack threatens him.
In another scene, Jack tells Meatwad that he'll put a bullet through his brain (Meatwad has a brain?) unless he coughs up the intel. This was just before the Mooninites taunt Jack via cell phone.
The video's embedded after the jump.
But now it looks like Turner and marketing firm Interence Inc. will pay Massachusetts and federal agencies $2 million in compensation for the resources spent during last week's scare. That's about a million dollars to cover costs, and another million that will go to fund other homeland security functions.
While Mooninites signs were put up in 10 cities, only Boston took extreme actions to deal with them, resulting in the rather large bill for law enforcement activities.
In other Mooninite news, G4's Attack of the Show weighed in on the controversy last week. We have video of host Kevin Pereira's analysis of the incident after the jump.
Today on TV Squad Daily:
- Boston's bomb scare turned out to just be advertising for Aqua Teen Hunger Force.
- Is all the praise finally going to Jennifer Hudson's head? She describes her time on American Idol as "abusive."
- Dustin Diamond was forced to be quarantined while filming Celebrity Fit Club because of something he said to past American Idol contestant Kimberly Locke.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Arrow' Episode 4.2 Photos: The Team Protects a Mayoral Candidate
- 'The Flash' Episode 2.2 Photos: Meet Jay Garrick
- 'Supernatural' Episode 11.2 Photos: Cas Gets Tortured
- 'ANTM' Recap: One Model Returns, One Model Goes Away
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 12.3 Photos: Would Alex Make a Good Dad?
- More From BuddyTV
- Unauthorized Beverly Hills, 90210 Story: Shannen Doherty's Ousting and 12 Other Semi-Accurate Revelations
- Top TV Vampires From Buffy, TVD, Moonlight, True Blood and More
- Ratings: Dr. Ken Has Healthy Debut
- Performer of the Week: S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Iain De Caestecker
- Devious Maids' Grant Show Joins ABC's Midseason Thriller The Family
- More From TVLine
- Matt McGorry, Zelda Williams & More Stars Join Amber Rose's Slut Walk
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Pro Witney Carson Is Engaged!
- 'Once Upon A Time' Star Emilie De Ravin is Pregnant!
- Cindy Crawford's Lookalike Daughter Kaia Gerber Stuns at 'Teen Vogue' Party
- Yolanda Foster Chops Off All Her Hair to 'Embrace the New'
- More From ET