Until now. This morning 'Fox and Friends' (Weekdays, 6 AM on Fox News) had on Brian Haner, a singer, comedian and proponent of SB 1070. His Youtube video "Arizona" makes the musical argument that Arizona will soon be overflowing with jobs for American citizens, after all the illegal immigrants are kicked out of the state. Because of this, he's "going to move to Arizona." Haner's video has racked up more than 230,000 views in a little over a week.
Haner told Fox and Friends the inspiration for the song was when "LA actually boycotted the whole state of Arizona."
Whatever you think of SB 1070, or Haner's songwriting abilities, we can all agree that the world would be a better place if entertainers were only allowed to express their opinions on hot button issues through goofy songs.
Check out Haner's full-length YouTube anthem below:
He's hard at work on a new live show, the big loophole in his contract that precludes him going on television for some time, starting with Phoenix, Arizona.
TMZ confirmed that Conan is holding a stage show at the Dodge Theatre on April 30 and tickets go on sale today. Ticketmaster started selling seats for the soon to be sold out show but took the listing down when TMZ broke the story. A theater representative confirmed the show will still go on as planned.
There isn't any word yet on what the show is exactly, but expect a lot of angry puppets, a heavy dose of death humor and 1,001 cracks at Jay Leno that would have gotten him thrown in FCC's "Naughty Word Jail" until the end of the next century. In other words, the depth of your standard NBC contract.
It was inevitable, and really, really necessary, for McCain to fix this problem with Dave. McCain was the butt of the joke for nearly three weeks and it hasn't helped his campaign. Appearing Thursday should do a lot to ameliorate his image and in every way it can only be a win-win for McCain and Letterman.
The other station is KWTF in Arizona. Now, this one I like. I think I'd keep it. I'd make my motto, "Hey! KWTF is happening in Arizona!"
CBS has pulled Tuesday Night Book Club after only two episodes. The show was really low-rated, and CBS hasn't announced whether or not the final six eps will be shown or not. Which is a really bad sign, because usually when there are remaining episodes of a canceled show, they'll burn them off during the summer. But CBS isn't even planning on doing that.
My suggestion? Go read a book instead, in the show's honor.
You know, if it weren't for these stupid laws we have in place, I think my idea for a reality show in which rich, beautiful people are fed to sharks would do quite well in the ratings. Apparently, though, delving into the lives of the affluent and vacuous is still a popular concept, so brace yourselves for what's being described as a new "docu-reality" (or any number of similar hyphenated words) series in the vein of Desperate Housewives. On June 13, CBS will debut Tuesday Night Book Club, which will focus on seven women living in Scottsdale, Arizona who get together once a week to discuss the trials and tribulations of being beautiful and not having any real problems. Although, I must admit my heart does go out to Jamie, the wife who can't decide whether to stay married to her husband and sleep with other men, or divorce him and sleep with other men. That is a conundrum, I must say.
Why was Barry Bonds all dressed up like Paula Abdul, you ask? He was judging a mock singing contest for a charity event in Arizona. Nobody expected Bonds to dress in drag, so he got quite a response from fans and his teammates.
Said Bonds, "I'll never tell my wife to hurry up anymore, because it took me forever to get ready. I couldn't get the hair right."
I think he looks more like Star Jones.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Arrow' Episode 4.2 Photos: The Team Protects a Mayoral Candidate
- 'The Flash' Episode 2.2 Photos: Meet Jay Garrick
- 'Supernatural' Episode 11.2 Photos: Cas Gets Tortured
- 'ANTM' Recap: One Model Returns, One Model Goes Away
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 12.3 Photos: Would Alex Make a Good Dad?
- More From BuddyTV
- Miley Cyrus Hosts SNL (and Hillary Clinton Assists): Best/Worst Sketches?
- Unauthorized Beverly Hills, 90210 Story: Shannen Doherty's Ousting and 12 Other Semi-Accurate Revelations
- Top TV Vampires From Buffy, TVD, Moonlight, True Blood and More
- Ratings: Dr. Ken Has Healthy Debut
- Performer of the Week: S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Iain De Caestecker
- More From TVLine
- Miley Cyrus Kicks off the 'SNL' Season 41 Premiere: 7 Biggest Moments!
- Tori Spelling Reveals She Had Sex With Jason Priestley, Got Shannen Doherty Fired From '90210'
- Matt McGorry, Zelda Williams & More Stars Join Amber Rose's Slut Walk
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Pro Witney Carson Is Engaged!
- 'Once Upon A Time' Star Emilie De Ravin is Pregnant!
- More From ET