Cortese said she found her share of both men and women when she was in Italy. The woman was cute, and Cortese said she's a very open person by nature, and she just did what came naturally. "At that moment, that's what I wanted to try and do," she said. "So I went for it, and you all got to see it."
The finale taped in April, which means Larsen and McGinty haven't been able to tell anyone about their win for months. "Oh, I told my mom and dad," said Larsen. "No, I mean, when they slap that kind of a contract in your face and tell you the consequences, you keep your mouth shut."
Larsen also said he had been tempted in the past to lose the dreads to get parts and pass auditions, but he's thankful he never cut them. "And I'm so glad I didn't because, you know, now it's kind of become a trademark thing," he said. McGinty was a bit more philosophical about the win. "To come out on top along with Samuel," he said, "you know, it proves the underdog can, you know -- which is what 'Glee's' about, which is even more incredible -- but it proves the underdog can come out on top."
Tyra Banks had long been contemplating ways to forge an Oprah-style media empire well before the debut of her eponymous talk show in 2005. Setting aside her guest shots on 'The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air' in the 1990s, Banks decided to establish her TV-Q as a host by successfully launching 'America's Next Top Model' in 2003. That gave her the clout to fashion 'The Tyra Banks Show' -- which she segued to just three months after leaving the runway -- into something that was part tabloid, part tasteful.
Now that Banks has announced she's ending her talk show this season -- she'll be focusing on her production company, Bankable Studios, among other projects -- we formally add 'The Tyra Banks Show' to the pantheon of great talk shows we wish hadn't bit the dust.
Watch the clip of Arsenio's appearance on 'Lopez Tonight.'
Arsenio Hall was featured twice this week. His first appearance was in a segment that had potential called "This Is What They Said/This Is What They Meant." I was expecting to see video clips of celebrities, politicians and the like spouting their same bullcrap, and then having Hall tell us what he thinks they really meant. Instead, it was Leno reading quotes, including historically famous ones like Julius Ceasar's "Et tu, Brute!" The gag didn't make sense anymore, and even worse the bits weren't funny.
Luckily, he came back later in the week with an on-site spot at Yankee Stadium, where he interviewed players from both teams and even set up a bet against a Yankees player and Phillies fan Kevin Eubanks involving Snuggies.
Okay, here's the deal. NBC Universal, known in the industry as NBC U (sounds like a university) is interested in producing a five-day-a-week, 30-minute version of their hit nighttime game show Deal or no Deal for syndication. They had originally wanted Arsenio Hall as host, but that deal fell through. So, NBC U executives decided to ask Deal host Howie Mandel to helm the syndication version.
Howie said no, and this has left network executives in a quandary. You see, stations have refused to commit to buying the 30-minute version of the show until a host is found. In addition, with Deal on the back-burner the fate of two additional game shows, Joker's Wild and Combination Lock, are uncertain.
NBC U can get Howie to be host of the syndicated version of Deal if they agree to his hefty asking price. Meanwhile, there are rumors that comedian Mark Curry is also being considered for host if they can't get Howie back to the table. I hope this all gets cleared up because I'd like to see a revival of Joker's Wild, especially with Arsenio Hall as host. I mean, think about it . . . 'Joker, Joker, Joker! Woo! Woo! Woo! Woo! Woo! (said with twirling fist in the air)'.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Flash' Quotes from 'Grodd Lives'
- 2015 Critics' Choice TV Awards: 'Silicon Valley', 'Veep', 'Mom' and 4 More Lead Nominations
- Why 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' is Hurting ABC's 'Agents of SHIELD'
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart' Prediction: Who Will Go Home in Week 11?
- 'American Idol' Predictions: Who Will Be in the Top 3?
- More From BuddyTV
- Pretty Little Liars Premiere Photos: Can Alison Help Her Friends EscApe?
- Grey's Anatomy Photos: Mer vs. Amelia, a New Face, and Catastrophe Strikes!
- Justified, Broad City, Empire, Mom, 24, Jane the Virgin, Transparent Lead the 2015 Critics Choice Nominations
- Ratings: Person of Interest Closes Season 4 With Series Lows
- Originals Finale Sneak Peek: Davina Prepares the Spell to Resurrect Kol
- More From TVLine
- Bradley Cooper & Irina Shayk Are Totally On -- Spotted Making Out!
- 'DWTS' Couple Robert Herjavec and Kym Johnson Really Are 'Madly In Love'
- Lady Gaga Defends Justin Bieber: 'He's the Boss'
- Sofia Vergara Reveals She Sleeps Naked In Hilarious Round of 'Catchphrase'
- Adele Dresses Up As Her Hero George Michael on Her Birthday -- See the Pics!
- More From ET