Brand co-stars with Garner in the upcoming remake of 'Arthur' and evidently enjoyed his kissing scenes with the actress. But he lays it on thick when asked to describe Perry's kisser.
Family TV Round-Up: A 'Wonder Years' reunion on 'Generator Rex,' A New Season of 'Arthur' ... and More
We begin this week's column with some Cartoon Network news that's indirectly related to 'The Wonder Years.' During the late '80s and early '90s young actors Fred Savage and Danica McKellar were the "It" couple as Kevin Arnold and Winnie Cooper on the ABC coming-of-age comedy. Now, after a 17-year break, they're reuniting on tonight's episode of 'Generator Rex.'
The premise of 'Nathan vs. Nurture' is promising. Jay's character is a successful heart surgeon who discovers that he was adopted and meets his biological family. And Bill Pullman is his real dad, Arthur. There are also siblings that Nathan's never met before, and between Arthur and the sibs, there's nothing that matches his level of accomplishment. How is it possible if they have the same genes? Well, that's where the comedy kicks in.
Brand is going to be everywhere in 2009. His autobiography, My Booky Wook, hits shelves next week, and he's working on Get Him To the Greek, a new Judd Apatow-produced vehicle for the Aldous Snow character and a remake of Arthur. He's already got the Julie Taymor-directed film of The Tempest, with Helen Mirren as "Prospera," waiting for release. I caught up with him by phone as he was at the airport on his way to Los Angeles.
TVS: Do you feel you have to introduce yourself to America as a comedian because most people know you from movies or perhaps as a host?
- There's a large contingent who believes that the first Hancock wasn't a good idea. Nevertheless, Hancock 2 is in the works. Do you think you'll shell out the cash next summer?
- Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter is so iconic that it's hard to believe that he wasn't the one who originated the role. Cinematical Seven takes a look at the best sequel replacement actors.
- Beyonce hasn't exactly had an illustrious film career thus far, but I'm pretty interested in her portrayal of Etta James in Cadillac Records. Cinematical reviews the film and tells you if this Beyonce film is better than the rest.
- I thought Russell Brand was one of the best parts of Forgetting Sarah Marshall, and my aversion to Dudley Moore has prevented me from ever seeing Arthur. Now that Brand is in talks to reprise the role, maybe I'll see what this classic movie is all about.
- Sure, I watch videos on YouTube, but I've never actually uploaded anything myself. I kind of wonder who it is who spends so much time uploading video after video of their personal moments. The new documentary, I Want My Three Minutes Back, explores the people behind the videos.
I'd definitely be interested in downloading episodes of Frontline and America's Test Kitchen.
Last night's Idol was one of the liveliest shows in the past few weeks. Not because of the performances, but because of everybody else. First off , Whoopi and Chris Rock? When I first spotted them in the crowd, I rewinded my DVR five times to verify that it was them. On the fourth rewind, I had them pegged as impersonators...and darn good ones. But nope, it was them. How funny is it that Chris Rock & Whoopi show up on country night? They're both huge Kenny Rodgers fans, I'm sure.
And it appears that Ryan (like so many men recently) has gone the way of the beard.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.2 Photos: NFL Star Tony Gonzalez Guest Stars
- 'The Strain' Season 1 Episode Photos
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Who Won Part 2 of the Final HoH Competition?
- 'America's Next Top Model' Cycle 21 Epsode 6 Photos: The Art of the Hair Flip
- 'Big Brother 16' Clip Show Recap: The Final 3 Look Back at the Season
- More From BuddyTV
- Once Upon a Time Drafts Army Wives' Sally Pressman in Season 4
- TVLine's Performers of the Week (tie): Jenna Coleman and Tobias Menzies
- Summer TV's 26 Winners and Losers: True Blood, OITNB, Outlander and More
- NCIS Casts 24 Alum Marisol Nichols as a Blast from DiNozzo's Past
- The Blacklist Season 2 Trailer Teases Red Vs. Berlin Showdown
- More From TVLine
- Jennifer Lawrence Supports Chris Martin at iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Luke Bryan Makes a Dying Teenager's Wish Come True
- 'Madam Secretary' Review: A Solid Start for Téa Leoni's Political Drama
- Exclusive Clip: Did 'Angels' Save Woman from Plane Disaster?
- Fall TV Showdown: It's Time to Vote For Your Favorites in the Elite 8!
- More From ET