Ask a Ninja
Called The Department of Acceptable Media, the program is based on a live event that Jack Black, along with Dan Harmon and Rob Schrab, have hosted in Hollywood since 2003. At the live event, five-minute "pilots" by aspiring filmmakers are screened and the audience votes on their favorites. The televised program will work in the same way - viewers will vote online at www.acceptable.tv - for their favorite shorts. The winning "pilots" will get to produce a second episode. The losers will be canceled.
Congdon may be the first "cewebrity" to land a deal with a major network, but she's just one of many to use the internet as a launching pad to wider fame. United Talent Agency's Digital Talent Agency has already signed Hosea "Ze" Frank, host of The Show with Ze Frank, and Kent Nichols, co-creator of the Ask a Ninja video blog.
Just because I'm introspective and I walk among the shadows, it doesn't mean that I can't hear you. -- Hope
Crista Flanagan, a writer and performer on MadTV, has teamed up with the fellas behind AskANinja.com for a new Web series called "Hope is Emo" that features Flanagan as Hope, a brooding high school emo chick with plenty of angst and depression to spare, and I'm guessing more than a few albums by The Cure. In the first episode, which you can view after the jump, she tearfully pleads to her listeners to stop destroying words by erasing or deleting them. She's so serious about this, in fact, that she made an urn to hold the chalky remains of words that have been callously wiped from the chalkboards at her school. Well, it's not so much an urn as it is a fondue pot, but you get the idea. Also, and perhaps even more importantly, freshmen and sophomores can't go to prom, and it's a rule people really need to learn to obey. I found it quite humorous, and I'm looking forward to more.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.2 Photos: NFL Star Tony Gonzalez Guest Stars
- 'The Strain' Season 1 Episode Photos
- 'America's Next Top Model' Cycle 21 Epsode 6 Photos: The Art of the Hair Flip
- 'Big Brother 16' Clip Show Recap: The Final 3 Look Back at the Season
- 'Project Runway' Season 13: Ranking the Looks of 'American Girl Doll'
- More From BuddyTV
- NCIS Casts 24 Alum Marisol Nichols as a Blast from DiNozzo's Past
- The Blacklist Season 2 Trailer Teases Red Vs. Berlin Showdown
- Grey's Anatomy: April's Mom Is Coming to Town — But There's a Twist!
- Fashion Police to Continue Without Joan Rivers; E! Announces Return Date
- The Voice Season 7 Coaches Hit the Road in New 'Topless' Promo Image
- More From TVLine
- 'Madam Secretary' Review: A Solid Start for Téa Leoni's Political Drama
- Exclusive Clip: Did 'Angels' Save Woman from Plane Disaster?
- Fall TV Showdown: It's Time to Vote For Your Favorites in the Elite 8!
- Keyshia Cole Arrested in Los Angeles
- Hundreds of People Lined Up Outside Ravens Stadium Today to Exchange Ray Rice Jerseys
- More From ET