If the years 1960 to 1964 were a time when the networks put their toes in the Saturday morning waters to see what it was like, 1965 was the year where they took a few steps in. Not completely enough to submerge themselves, mind you...that would be left until the Fall of 1966. But, just enough to feel comfortable enough to dive in.
Like the nation, television was changing in 1965, and the shift could be felt on Saturday mornings. Gone were many of the post-primetime, live action shows that filled the schedule during the first few years of the 60's. In its place was more animated fare. And, that programming was geared to current fads that were taking place in pop culture during that time. It was also the year that a certain animation studio known for its primetime and syndicated fare took its first tentative steps back into original Saturday morning programming.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The X Factor' Season 3: Top 4 Performance Rankings
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Interview: Sarah Drew On the 'Incredibly Shocking' Winter Finale
- 2014 Golden Globe Nominations: 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine,' 'House of Cards' and More New Shows
- [Videos] 'Scandal' Fall Finale Preview: Will Cyrus Help Sally?
- 'Revenge' Mid-Season Finale: Who Shoots Emily?
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Sarah Drew teases April's wedding
- 'The Price Is Right': Bob Barker celebrates his 90th birthday with game show return
- Kelly Clarkson's heading to 'Nashville,' y'all
- 'The X Factor': Alex and Sierra on making Kelly Rowland cry
- 'The Tomorrow People': Murder, limbo and Darth Vader in 'Death's Door'
- More From Zap2it
- Golden Globes 2014: The Nominees Are….
- Exclusive Reign Sneak Peek: Catherine Begs Mary to Save Francis' Life – But Will She?
- What to Watch Thursday: Scandal, The Vampire Diaries, Big Bang, Grey's and 6 Other Fall Finales
- The X Factor Top 4 Performance Recap: Raise Your Hopeful Voice, You Have a Choice
- AHS: Coven Recap: The Eyes Have It
- More From TVLine