The prediction I made in my 'The Red Box' review came true: the "clowns" went to court and we saw the aftermath of Jane's investigation methods.
(S02E17) "You, you're golden." - Hightower to Jane
After weeks without a boss in the picture, the team meets up with the new boss: Special Agent Madeleine Hightower. Even if she was only introduced in the second part of the episode, her upcoming arrival made Lisbon uneasy right from the opening scene. As we discovered in the episode, Lisbon had very good reason not to look forward to the arrival of her new boss.
Hightower clearly has the needed experience to be in such a position, as she wasted no time to get things done and shape things her way. Jane may be golden in Hightower's book, but the other team members -- except Cho at this point in time -- should all be walking on eggshells and fear to lose their job at CBI.
This is Spoilers Anonymous, a weekly column here at TV Squad where we supply you with the dirt on some of the more popular shows on the air. We'll never put spoilers up here on the main page in order to help the reformed stay unspoiled. If you have anything to add to the group, feel free to step up and let yourself be heard, either with our tips form or by emailing us at tvsquad at gmail dot com, or call and leave a message at (775) 640-8479. Your anonymity is guaranteed, if you wish to remain as such.
This week we have spoilers for: 90210, Bones, Chuck, Desperate Housewives, Gossip Girl, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, Supernatural, The Big Bang Theory, The Mentalist, and Ugly Betty. (SPOILERS FOLLOW!)
Note that Spoilers Anonymous will go on a small hiatus for the Holidays. The next column will be published on January 8, 2010.
Can Patrick Jane already see her coming?
That's a question for the title character on 'The Mentalist,' since Aunjanue Ellis will join the cast of the second-year CBS drama as the alluring and utterly hard-as-nails new head of the California Bureau of Investigation.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, Ellis, who appeared on Broadway earlier this year in a revival of August Wilson's play 'Joe Turner's Come and Gone' and had a featured spot in 'The Taking of Pelham 1 t2 3' remake, will play a career law-enforcer aiming to shake things up at the ever-emotional CBI. She'll replace actor Gregory Itzin, whose character, Virgil Minelli, retired after the murders of three CBI agents, including Terry Kenney's edgy Sam Bosco -- a quick way for Itzin to return to his gig playing a former president on '24.'
Ellis will be a new character -- still unnamed -- who is assuming the leadership position left vacant when Virgil Minelli resigned. Minelli was played by Gregory Itzin, who is returning to 24 to resume the role of disgraced former president Charles Logan.
Minelli's exit has already been set up on the show; he announced his resignation following the Red John instigated bloodbath in the CBI offices that resulted in Bosco's death and two other agents. In the last episode, Minelli assumed responsibility for the deaths and the breach in security.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Once Upon a Time in Wonderland': 22 Exciting and Shocking Moments from 'Home'
- TV's 100 Sexiest Women of 2013
- 'Project Runway All Stars' Season 3: Ranking the Looks of 'As Sewn on TV'
- TV's Top 14 Tear-Jerking Moments of 2013
- 'Scandal' Mid-Season Finale: 20 Jaw-Dropping Moments from 'A Door Marked Exit'
- More From BuddyTV
- The best TV of 2013, probably? Top 10 shows I didn't really watch this year
- 'Blue Bloods' Len Cariou dinner scene trick: 'If you're really clever, you don't have to eat at all'
- 'Psych: The Musical' first look video: 'Jamaican Inspector' Psych-out with Gus
- TV ratings: 'Scandal' rises with fall finale and 'Big Bang Theory' tops Thursday
- 'House of Cards' Season 2 trailer: Frank Underwood is 'climbing to the top of the food chain'
- More From Zap2it
- Exclusive: The Crazy Ones Lands Cheryl Hines
- TVLine Items: Portia de Rossi Saves the World, SNL to Add Black Female Cast Member and More
- Exclusive Tomorrow People Video: A Fired-Up Cara Kicks Butt and Takes Names
- How Should SOA Kill Off Gemma? Scandal Prez on Grey's? Ichabod's Son Lives? And More Qs!
- Revenge Fall Finale Poll: Who Shoots Emily?
- More From TVLine