Movie actors are a unique bunch of characters in Hollywood. Adept at script memorization, method acting, and being snobby little princesses (the males included), they are somewhat limited in their performance venues. They can switch pretty easily and thrive in theater productions because most of them began their acting lives on the stage in front of adoring audiences. Decades ago they could also do radio pretty easily; most likely because they could read right from the script and no one listening would know any different.
Television? Well, that's a whole different loaf a bread! For some reason, big-named movie stars with their Oscars and Golden Globes just tank when they decide to jump to the small screen. Their failures could be due to the show they've decided to star in, who they play on the show, or the fact that they are catering to a different audience than film-goers. Whatever the reason, some of Hollywood's most famous film stars had some famously big television flops. Here are but a few of them to digest.
According to Variety, the team responsible for Fox's poorly-reviewed new comedy Do Not Disturb sent a letter to select TV critics (uh, where's mine guys?) acknowledging the poor quality of the premiere episode.
But they try to defend themselves by giving those critics a DVD of the second episode, which they claim is the actual pilot and should have aired first.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.2 Photos: NFL Star Tony Gonzalez Guest Stars
- 'The Strain' Season 1 Episode Photos
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Who Won Part 2 of the Final HoH Competition?
- 'America's Next Top Model' Cycle 21 Epsode 6 Photos: The Art of the Hair Flip
- 'Big Brother 16' Clip Show Recap: The Final 3 Look Back at the Season
- More From BuddyTV
- Summer TV's 25 Winners and Losers: True Blood, OITNB, Outlander and More
- NCIS Casts 24 Alum Marisol Nichols as a Blast from DiNozzo's Past
- The Blacklist Season 2 Trailer Teases Red Vs. Berlin Showdown
- Grey's Anatomy: April's Mom Is Coming to Town — But There's a Twist!
- Fashion Police to Continue Without Joan Rivers; E! Announces Return Date
- More From TVLine
- 'Madam Secretary' Review: A Solid Start for Téa Leoni's Political Drama
- Exclusive Clip: Did 'Angels' Save Woman from Plane Disaster?
- Fall TV Showdown: It's Time to Vote For Your Favorites in the Elite 8!
- Keyshia Cole Arrested in Los Angeles
- Hundreds of People Lined Up Outside Ravens Stadium Today to Exchange Ray Rice Jerseys
- More From ET