Movie actors are a unique bunch of characters in Hollywood. Adept at script memorization, method acting, and being snobby little princesses (the males included), they are somewhat limited in their performance venues. They can switch pretty easily and thrive in theater productions because most of them began their acting lives on the stage in front of adoring audiences. Decades ago they could also do radio pretty easily; most likely because they could read right from the script and no one listening would know any different.
Television? Well, that's a whole different loaf a bread! For some reason, big-named movie stars with their Oscars and Golden Globes just tank when they decide to jump to the small screen. Their failures could be due to the show they've decided to star in, who they play on the show, or the fact that they are catering to a different audience than film-goers. Whatever the reason, some of Hollywood's most famous film stars had some famously big television flops. Here are but a few of them to digest.
According to Variety, the team responsible for Fox's poorly-reviewed new comedy Do Not Disturb sent a letter to select TV critics (uh, where's mine guys?) acknowledging the poor quality of the premiere episode.
But they try to defend themselves by giving those critics a DVD of the second episode, which they claim is the actual pilot and should have aired first.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'American Idol' Season 14: Top 12 Girls Performance Rankings
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 6.17 Photos: Caroline's Got a Gun
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' Season Finale Recap: Lila's Killer is Revealed
- 'Revenge' Episode 4.16 Photos: Natalie Brings David as Her Fourth of July Party Date
- 'The Blacklist' Recap: The Hunter Becomes the Hunted
- More From BuddyTV
- How to Get Away With Murder Season 1 Finale Recap: Over Her Dead Body
- Grey's Anatomy Recap: Herman's Head
- American Idol Recap: Chick Magnetism
- Castle Casts 24 Vet Reiko Aylesworth, Housewives' Ricardo Chavira
- Arrow/Flash 'Team-Up' Spinoff to Star Brandon Routh, Caity Lotz and Others
- More From TVLine