Movie actors are a unique bunch of characters in Hollywood. Adept at script memorization, method acting, and being snobby little princesses (the males included), they are somewhat limited in their performance venues. They can switch pretty easily and thrive in theater productions because most of them began their acting lives on the stage in front of adoring audiences. Decades ago they could also do radio pretty easily; most likely because they could read right from the script and no one listening would know any different.
Television? Well, that's a whole different loaf a bread! For some reason, big-named movie stars with their Oscars and Golden Globes just tank when they decide to jump to the small screen. Their failures could be due to the show they've decided to star in, who they play on the show, or the fact that they are catering to a different audience than film-goers. Whatever the reason, some of Hollywood's most famous film stars had some famously big television flops. Here are but a few of them to digest.
According to Variety, the team responsible for Fox's poorly-reviewed new comedy Do Not Disturb sent a letter to select TV critics (uh, where's mine guys?) acknowledging the poor quality of the premiere episode.
But they try to defend themselves by giving those critics a DVD of the second episode, which they claim is the actual pilot and should have aired first.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Nashville, Flash, Castle, Good Wife, Originals, CSI, Mistresses, Scream Queens and More
- Jason O'Mara Teases Complications to Come, Revisits His Jurassic Series' Fate
- Lucifer Adds Arrow's Kevin Alejandro
- Scream Queens Cast Photos: Meet the Slasher Comedy's Potential Victims
- Astronaut Wives Video: Rene Fears the Worst as Scott's Mission Goes Awry
- More From TVLine
- Taye Diggs Dishes on 'Perfect' Co-Parenting Existence With Ex Idina Menzel
- Halle Berry Recalls First Season of 'Extant': 'I Thought I Got Dropped Off In Hell'
- Demi Lovato Responds to 'Cool For the Summer' Katy Perry Comparisons
- George Takei Has The Perfect Response To Donald Trump's Position on Same-Sex Marriage
- EXCLUSIVE: New 'Star Trek' Doc Reveals Patrick Stewart Wasn't Any Fun on Set
- More From ET