Remember that E-trade baby ad you saw in the third quarter? Well, the fourth quarter version of the commercial was about the same, except there was someone making balloon animals in the background.
I'm not a big fan of the talking baby commercial, even if it is popular. As many parents will agree, we aren't in any hurry for our children to talk Because, once they do start speaking they don't stop. Then, they start talking back to us telling us that we need to get them this toy, or need to get them that item of clothing. Before you know it they're screaming at you because you won't spend one thousand freakin dollars for a Hannah Montana ticket because, you know, you like to pay the mortgage, and ...
Um, was that out loud? Anyway, cute baby and okay commercial.
This week we learned that Earl does suffer from envy, but that karma can pack a mighy punch. Number 202 on Earl's list of past misdeeds was returning a wallet he stole in a gas station bathroom. For him, it was the motherlode--a thousand bucks that he, then-wife Joy, and brother Randy spent on a wild shopping spree at Jasper's, a mall inside a storage unit. After returning the merchandise, Earl tracks down the man (Jeff) whom he stole from, and finds out the money was earmarked for his honeymoon with his overly tanned wife. Although Earl has returned the money, Jeff can't easily take time off from work, so Earl decides to fill in for him at his job.
It turns out that Jeff works at a local fast food joint where cleanliness can be a bit "spotty." Plus, the restaurant's manager, Mr. Patrick, is not exactly the model boss. He is quite abusive to his employees, and Earl has to put up with his bullying ways in order to make it through the week. It's not easy for Earl--we see flashbacks of him punching out a number of his past bosses because he couldn't stand their management styles.
Mr. Patrick really lays it out on Earl, including making him eat a french fry covered in dirt. Earl's patience is wearing then, but he soldiers on. He keeps thinking that karma will one day get it's vengeance on Mr. Patrick, but the signs don't point in that direction.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Flash' Episode 18 Photos: Felicity and the Atom Visit Central City
- 'Better Call Saul': 11 Foreshadowing Moments to 'Breaking Bad' You Probably Missed
- 'Supernatural' Episode 10.18 Photos: Charlie Finds the Book of the Dead
- The 11 Best Moments from 'Comedy Central's Roast of Justin Bieber'
- 'Hell's Kitchen' Recap: Does Monique Leave After Becoming a Target?
- More From BuddyTV
- Cougar Town Finale Recap: 'Deja View'
- Forever Creator: Abigail's Fate Will Be Resolved by Season's End
- Younger: Is TV Land's Sutton Foster Comedy Already Growing on You?
- Finding Carter Season Premiere Recap: Egg-citing New Developments
- Weird Loners: Will You Keep the Fox Comedy Company on Tuesday Nights?
- More From TVLine
- Andrew Getty, Grandson of J. Paul Getty, Found Dead at 47
- The 9 Most Insane Things That Happen in the New 'Mad Max' Trailer
- Angelina Jolie: 'What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger'
- 'Younger' Cast Embrace Their Age: 'I've Earned Every Line on My Face'
- 'The Flash' Boss Talks Dr. Wells' Shocking Twist, [SPOILER]'s Discovery & What's Next
- More From ET