September 24, 2014
by Joel Keller, posted Feb 10th 2010 5:01PM
If you were watching carefully during the now-momentous Letterman/Oprah/Leno promo for the 'Late Show' that aired during the Super Bowl, you'll notice that Dave was not wearing an #18 Peyton Manning Colts jersey, like he did in the 2007 promo with Oprah that kicked off this series. Instead, he wore a #70 Colts jersey, a number which is not on the team's current roster.
When I saw the promo for the tenth or eleventh time (for some reason, I still get a kick out of it), I vaguely recalled that #70 was the number for Art Donovan, a Hall of Fame defensive lineman for the then-Baltimore Colts in the '50s and '60s. He was also a frequent TV presence in the '80s and '90s, telling hilarious stories about his playing days on Letterman's shows, as well as many others.
Richard Roeper wondered this, too, and confirmed it in his column this morning. See what happens when you follow up a notion with a simple Google search?
More on Donovan, including video, after the jump.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The 25 Best (and 5 Worst) Moments from 'Big Brother 16'
- 15 Shocking Moments from 'Under the Dome' Season 2
- 'The Voice' Recap: Will Adam and Blake End Their Friendship?
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Premiere Recap: Can the NCIS Team Save Gibbs and McGee in Time?
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 19: Week 2 Performance Rankings
- More From BuddyTV
- Sons of Anarchy Recap: The Renegades Who Had It Made
- Faking It Post Mortem: Lauren's Secret, 'Karmy's''Pain' and More Scoop
- Chicago Fire Premiere Recap: The Fallen
- Person of Interest Season 4 Premiere Recap: Identities Crisis
- The Voice Blind Auditions Recap: Phar-really Got a Hold on Me [Updated]
- More From TVLine