Cedric is, of course, known for his comedy specials and Barbershop films, but did you know that Larry Wilmore is an on-air contributor to The Daily Show and consulting producer to The Office? Personally, I hadn't connected those dots before now. Combining these talents could add up to funny, but the failsafe stand-up material - airport anxiety - could go either way -- a welcome pressure valve letting off America's collective steam or groan-worthy security gags that just aren't funny the 100th time around.
The TV adaptation of the hit movie Barbershop will stream on MSN simultaneous with the debut on Showtime this Sunday. Not only the shows but various DVD-like content as well will be available on MSN for eight days afterwards on demand.
Is it just me or is Showtime leaving other networks in the dust as far as partnering with online providers to multi-purpose their programming? First Fat Actress and now Barbershop.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Ratings: S.H.I.E.L.D. and Voice Slip, Supernatural and About a Boy Rise, Glee Ties Low
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on 24, Revenge, Grey's, Dixie, Once, NCIS, Arrow, Sleepy and More!
- USA Sets Summer Dates for Covert Affairs, Graceland, New Matt Passmore Drama and Others
- Amazon Prime to Exclusively Stream HBO Faves Including Sopranos, The Wire, Deadwood, Veep
- Save the (New) Date: Fox Moves Bones Finale
- More From TVLine