From daytime and primetime series and big-screen appearances to a few sad deaths and one cast member whose death rumors have been greatly exaggerated, we catch up with what the 'Barney' bunch has been up to in the last three decades ...
Our list of the best shows of the '70s features many of the best shows of all time (here's looking at you, 'Mary Tyler Moore Show,' 'M*A*S*H' and 'Taxi'). Take a gander and let us know if you agree.
Brad and Sylvia are back. It's yet another dinner party at the Deckers! The writers really have to find other ways to get these people together. Anyway, after Bruce's admission of his overt flirtation with Melinda -- a couple of kisses and a trip to her apartment -- the Millers accept an invitation to the Pendulum Club. That's an erotic cabaret according to Trina, and yes, the Deckers decide to go along at Susan's behest.
Harold will play Detective Leo Banks, an agitated cop who's so afraid of being shot or attacked that he's never without his Kevlar bullet-proof vest. (Does he wear it in the john?) Sounds potentially funny. The writer of The Unusuals is Bones' Noah Hawley and the executive producer is Peter Tolan (Rescue Me, The Larry Sanders Show), so there will be an emphasis on humor. Maybe not full-out Barney Miller, but still funny.
My favorite cop television shows over the years often reflect those characters and it's sometimes a bit surprising how close they come to actual police I know ... or how far they stray from the reality of police work.
Carey played Officer Carl Levitt on the classic sitcom Barney Miller (remember, James Gregory would always call him "Levine?"). He died Tuesday in Los Angeles after suffering a stroke.
Besides that role, Carey appeared in several other TV shows, including Benson, Alice, Lucky Luke, and the New Love American Style. He was in a bunch of movies too, including High Anxiety, Johnny Dangerously, History of the World, Part 1, Fatso, and The Out of Towners (the original). His last role was in the 1999 movie Food For Thought.
His real name was Ron Cicenia and he stood 5 feet 4 (hey, I'm only 5 feet 5, so it's always good to see other short guys become a success!).
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Bachelor' Roundup: Chris Soules' First Interview as The Bachelor, Juan Pablo Galavis' Advice and More
- 'The Strain' Recap: One Friend is Lost, Another is Gained
- 'Kardashians' Roundup: Kendall Drops Last Name, Brody Feels 'Played' by Kim and More
- 'Big Brother 16' Recap: Another Week of Bomb Squad Domination
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 10 Power of Veto?
- More From BuddyTV
- Falling Skies Season 4 Finale Recap: Over the Moon
- Once Upon a Time First Look: Frozen's Elsa Gets Cold Shoulder in Storybrooke
- Quotes of the Week from General Hospital, Bachelor in Paradise, Masters of Sex, Project Runway and More
- Sons of Anarchy Boss on Lea Michele's 'Frumpy, Makeup-Free' Season 7 Guest Stint: 'She Completely Went There'
- Saved by the Bell's Best Episodes: Rockumentary, 'Jessie's Song,' a Perfect Prom Picnic and 10 Others
- More From TVLine