Mark your calendars kids, or not, Meredith Vieira is heading back to The View, for one day anyway, on October 8th. She'll be there to promote her Who Wants To Be A Millionaire game show and a DVD game that is coming out based on the show. I always seem to forget that she even does that because, man, I just don't get the attraction to Millionaire. It's just so dang slow. How that show made it while Beat The Geeks disappeared just boggles me.
Anyway, I suspect it will be all warm and fuzzy with a lot of palms getting sore as the whole group pats each other on the back for all the wonderfulness they are all putting out in the world, or something like that. An entirely different vibe than what we would get if this headline was Rosie returning to the view. Or even Star Jones, for that matter.
As you may or may not know, I have been on many game shows. I won $40,000 on Greed. I won a car, seven televisions and a buttload of other stuff on TV Land's Ultimate Fan Search. I won over a grand on To Tell The Truth and of course, I was on every episode of Beat the Geeks. Suffice it to say, I have plenty of experience with this game we call show. Recently Joel Keller wrote a piece chock full of information on where to apply to be on a gameshow, and while this information is certainly helpful, you should know that it's only the beginning. There are a multitude of Do's and Dont's to remember.
Let's start with the Do's...
You might not recognize the name Paul Goebel, but you may recognize his face. Than again, maybe not. However, if you were a fan of Comedy Central's short-lived game show Beat the Geeks, you'll remember Paul as the "TV Geek" who knew more about television than any sane person should. Paul is also a stand-up comedian and pops up occasional here and there on various shows. He also has a Web site and podcast where he interviews different TV personalities. If you haven't checked either of them out, you should. His interviews are both funny and informative, since he himself is a TV fanatic and actually knows what the heck he's talking about. Check out his site for interviews with Danny Bonaduce and Andy Richter, among others.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Meet the Top 48 Acts of 'America's Got Talent' Season 9
- 'Last Comic Standing' Recap: The Roast with the Most
- 'Project Runway' Season 13 Premiere Recap: Fashion is in the Air
- Comic-Con 2014 Photos: The Cast of 'Under the Dome' in Pedicabs and Rachelle Lefevre Goes Blonde
- 'Penny Dreadful' at Comic-Con 2014: Season 2 Explores Ethan and a New Threat
- More From BuddyTV
- Sharknado 2's Ian Ziering Promises Jaw-Dropping OMG Moments, While Tara Reid... Wants to Party
- Penny Dreadful Men Field Burning Questions, Tease Season 2 'Bang-Fest'
- Hannibal @ Comic-Con: A Huge Return, Much Gillian Anderson and (Hopefully) Clarice Feed the Thriller's Future
- Reign Stars Preview Hands-On King Francis, Mary's Struggle, Shagging, Hugging and... a Rambo-Style Finale?
- Scorpion Stars Talk the Genius' Weakness, Terminator-as-Lou Grant — Plus: Kat McPhee Sings for Us
- More From TVLine
- Nick Star Jennette McCurdy Rejects The 'Role Model' Label In Online Rant
- Ryan Seacrest To Host Star-Studded 'Fashion Rocks' TV Extravaganza!
- Meet the World's Most Successful Transgender Model
- The Famous Family Member Who Won't be at Jenny McCarthy's Wedding
- Bradley Cooper Explains His Voice in 'Guardians of the Galaxy'
- More From ET