Hosted by Wayne Brady ('Let's Make a Deal'), the show entertained with musical numbers (from Brady and Marie Osmond), had touching tributes to Oprah Winfrey, Susan Lucci and Lifetime Achievement Recipients Pat Sajack ('Wheel of Fortune') and Alex Trebek ('Jeopardy') and, if you're a soap fan, you saw some surprising wins including a tie for the directors of 'The Bold and the Beautiful' and 'The Young and the Restless.'
Read on to get the scoop from your winners and see how why the Father's Day-win was especially poignant for one trophy recipient.
That's what happened to Ben Bailey when he was temporarily missing in action after he and 'Cash Cab' took home the Emmy for Outstanding Game Show Host.
It was Bailey's second win in a row, but the first that he almost missed entirely. He could have played it off completely if he'd wanted to as he had a great line ready when he finally did make it to the podium.
"Thank you very much," he said taking the Emmy. "Well everybody, I couldn't get a cab. What can I say?"
For those of you seeking to vacation in New York City, in the event that you hail a cab while in town you may get a chance to win a couple of thousand dollars and have Ben Bailey at your driver. 'Cash Cab' has been renewed for a sixth season.
Admittedly I'm a bit biased about this news as I was once a contestant on the show before coming to TV Squad. In the event that you do get on the show next season, please leave Ben Bailey a nice tip when the ride is done as I forgot to.
Hopefully the producers will give a little variety to the show, such as when they did 'Cash Cab at Night.' One recommendation would be to use other cities as locations for the show rather than New York City, and I say this as someone who loves New York. Other cities have clubs and restaurants that would love to sponsor the concept.
Do you know the answer to every question before they fly out of the host's mouth faster than a New York cabbie hurling a curse word out of his window during bumper-to-bumper gridlock?
Then prove it. Put your iPhone where your mouth is because Discovery and Capcom have released a new Cash Cab game app for the device.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Meet the Contestants from 'Hell's Kitchen' Season 12
- 'Castle' 6.19 Photos: Captain Gates Gets a Visit from Her Estranged Sister
- 'Grimm' Season 3 Episode Photos
- 'The Walking Dead': 15 Moments of Desperation or Hope
- 'Once Upon a Time': 16 Moments of Good, Evil and Shock in 'New York City Serenade'
- More From BuddyTV
- Jimmy Kimmel likes Austin and SXSW ... and its BBQ. A lot.
- 'Believe': J.J. Abrams and Alfonso Cuaron create families under fantastical circumstances
- 'Dallas': AnnaLynne McCord honors 'the good ol' South'
- 'Cosmos': Watch President Barack Obama's video introduction
- 'True Detective' Season 2 will be about 'hard women' and will 'keep being strange'
- More From Zap2it
- ABC Family Sets Summer Premieres For Pretty Little Liars, 90210 Gals' Mystery Girls and More
- Orphan Black Season 2 Trailer: New Enemies Attack Sarah & Co. — Plus: A [Spoiler] Clone?!
- Cable Ratings: True Detective Finale Draws Record Crowd; Plus Lindsay's Premiere Numbers
- Exclusive Twisted Sneak Peek: Danny Makes a Surprising Confession About Vikram's Death
- Pilot News: Psych's James Roday Joins CBS Relationship Comedy Good Session
- More From TVLine