Hosted by Wayne Brady ('Let's Make a Deal'), the show entertained with musical numbers (from Brady and Marie Osmond), had touching tributes to Oprah Winfrey, Susan Lucci and Lifetime Achievement Recipients Pat Sajack ('Wheel of Fortune') and Alex Trebek ('Jeopardy') and, if you're a soap fan, you saw some surprising wins including a tie for the directors of 'The Bold and the Beautiful' and 'The Young and the Restless.'
Read on to get the scoop from your winners and see how why the Father's Day-win was especially poignant for one trophy recipient.
That's what happened to Ben Bailey when he was temporarily missing in action after he and 'Cash Cab' took home the Emmy for Outstanding Game Show Host.
It was Bailey's second win in a row, but the first that he almost missed entirely. He could have played it off completely if he'd wanted to as he had a great line ready when he finally did make it to the podium.
"Thank you very much," he said taking the Emmy. "Well everybody, I couldn't get a cab. What can I say?"
For those of you seeking to vacation in New York City, in the event that you hail a cab while in town you may get a chance to win a couple of thousand dollars and have Ben Bailey at your driver. 'Cash Cab' has been renewed for a sixth season.
Admittedly I'm a bit biased about this news as I was once a contestant on the show before coming to TV Squad. In the event that you do get on the show next season, please leave Ben Bailey a nice tip when the ride is done as I forgot to.
Hopefully the producers will give a little variety to the show, such as when they did 'Cash Cab at Night.' One recommendation would be to use other cities as locations for the show rather than New York City, and I say this as someone who loves New York. Other cities have clubs and restaurants that would love to sponsor the concept.
Do you know the answer to every question before they fly out of the host's mouth faster than a New York cabbie hurling a curse word out of his window during bumper-to-bumper gridlock?
Then prove it. Put your iPhone where your mouth is because Discovery and Capcom have released a new Cash Cab game app for the device.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 16' Final 3 Photo Booth Gallery
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Episode 7.3 Photos: SAMCRO Goes After an Important Alliance
- Meet the Cast of 'American Horror Story: Freak Show'
- 'Gotham' Roundup: Donal Logue Teases Joker's Intro, Ben McKenzie Talks Villains and More
- 5 Things to Know About 'Forever': A Creepy Nemesis, a Dominatrix and More
- More From BuddyTV
- Reign DVD Video: Adelaide Kane Examines Mary's Journey to the Throne
- Friends Pilot Revisited 20 Years Later: The Hair! The Clothes! The Mistake?
- NBC's Peter Pan Live! Casts Broadway Actress Taylor Louderman as Wendy
- NCIS' Sean Murray Previews 'Classic' Season 12, McGee/Gibbs Bonding
- The Mysteries of Laura Sneak Peek: 'Captain Booty' Lays Down the Law
- More From TVLine
- 10 Reasons We're Still Pissed About 'Lost' 10 Years Later
- Alfonso Ribeiro Addresses His 'DWTS' Edge
- Ariana Grande Slams 'Diva' Rumors
- Kris Jenner Officially Files for Divorce From Bruce After 23 Years of Marriage
- 6 Things You Didn't Know About 'Big Bang Theory' Before the Season 8 Premiere!
- More From ET