Hosted by Wayne Brady ('Let's Make a Deal'), the show entertained with musical numbers (from Brady and Marie Osmond), had touching tributes to Oprah Winfrey, Susan Lucci and Lifetime Achievement Recipients Pat Sajack ('Wheel of Fortune') and Alex Trebek ('Jeopardy') and, if you're a soap fan, you saw some surprising wins including a tie for the directors of 'The Bold and the Beautiful' and 'The Young and the Restless.'
Read on to get the scoop from your winners and see how why the Father's Day-win was especially poignant for one trophy recipient.
That's what happened to Ben Bailey when he was temporarily missing in action after he and 'Cash Cab' took home the Emmy for Outstanding Game Show Host.
It was Bailey's second win in a row, but the first that he almost missed entirely. He could have played it off completely if he'd wanted to as he had a great line ready when he finally did make it to the podium.
"Thank you very much," he said taking the Emmy. "Well everybody, I couldn't get a cab. What can I say?"
For those of you seeking to vacation in New York City, in the event that you hail a cab while in town you may get a chance to win a couple of thousand dollars and have Ben Bailey at your driver. 'Cash Cab' has been renewed for a sixth season.
Admittedly I'm a bit biased about this news as I was once a contestant on the show before coming to TV Squad. In the event that you do get on the show next season, please leave Ben Bailey a nice tip when the ride is done as I forgot to.
Hopefully the producers will give a little variety to the show, such as when they did 'Cash Cab at Night.' One recommendation would be to use other cities as locations for the show rather than New York City, and I say this as someone who loves New York. Other cities have clubs and restaurants that would love to sponsor the concept.
Do you know the answer to every question before they fly out of the host's mouth faster than a New York cabbie hurling a curse word out of his window during bumper-to-bumper gridlock?
Then prove it. Put your iPhone where your mouth is because Discovery and Capcom have released a new Cash Cab game app for the device.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Flash' Quotes from 'Grodd Lives'
- [Video] 'Bones' Sneak Peek: Is Daisy Ready to Move On?
- 2015 Critics' Choice TV Awards: 'Silicon Valley,' 'Veep,' 'Mom' and 4 More Lead Nominations
- Why 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' is Hurting ABC's 'Agents of SHIELD'
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart' Prediction: Who Will Go Home in Week 11?
- More From BuddyTV
- Supergirl Lands Series Order at CBS
- Shadowhunters: Katherine McNamara Tapped to Star as Clary Fray
- Once Upon a Time Bosses Tease Secret Finale Scene, Tackle 'End Date' Topic
- TVLine Items: Tim McGraw's TV Debut, TNT Delays Legends and More
- Pretty Little Liars Premiere Photos: Can Alison Help Her Friends EscApe?
- More From TVLine
- This Teenager's Amazingly Blunt Sex Ed Answers Got Her Suspended
- New 'Magic Mike XXL' Teaser Trailer: 'It's Not Bro Time, It's Show Time'
- Cindy Crawford Looks Even More Fabulous Makeup-Free
- Kylie Jenner Finally Reveals the Truth About Her Lips: 'I Have Temporary Lip Fillers'
- Oscar Isaac Talks ‘Moving' Moment at ‘Star Wars Celebration': ‘I Definitely Got Emotional'
- More From ET