August 27, 2015
by Adam Finley, posted Jun 7th 2006 3:33PM
Apparently freelance writer Ben Schwartz has had his blog rejectedjokes.com going for over a year now, but this was the first I heard of it, thanks to Best Week Ever. Schwartz, a freelance writer who contributes to Saturday Night Live's "Weekend Update" segment and David Letterman's monologues, knows what all freelance writers know, which is that you're going to see a lot more rejection than acceptance. Rather than mope about it, however, he posts videos of himself telling these rejected jokes. While I can see why some of these jokes would be denied by the likes of Letterman, most of them are still pretty funny, I think. Oh yeah, and due to some weird contractual thing, he's not able to post the jokes until a year later, which is kind of a bummer, but the blog is still worth checking out.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- American Dad! Renewed for Two Seasons at TBS
- Betty White Is Bones' Newest Squintern
- Homeland Season 5 Trailer Is Here!
- Empire Boss Opens Up About Lessons Learned, Season 2 Guest Star Concerns and the One Twist Pulled Out of a Hat
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine: Mary Lynn Rajskub Is Charles' Potential Soulmate
- More From TVLine
- Ellen Page Says It's 'Offensive' When Straight Actors Are Called Brave for Playing Gay
- How Taylor Swift Turned Me From a Critic to a Swifty
- Candace Cameron Bure Celebrates 'New Beginnings' With New 'View' Co-Hosts!
- Kim Kardashian May Get Uterus Removed After Her Second Pregnancy
- Kendall Jenner Is Broken-Hearted -- But by Who?
- More From ET