October 21, 2014
by Adam Finley, posted Jun 7th 2006 3:33PM
Apparently freelance writer Ben Schwartz has had his blog rejectedjokes.com going for over a year now, but this was the first I heard of it, thanks to Best Week Ever. Schwartz, a freelance writer who contributes to Saturday Night Live's "Weekend Update" segment and David Letterman's monologues, knows what all freelance writers know, which is that you're going to see a lot more rejection than acceptance. Rather than mope about it, however, he posts videos of himself telling these rejected jokes. While I can see why some of these jokes would be denied by the likes of Letterman, most of them are still pretty funny, I think. Oh yeah, and due to some weird contractual thing, he's not able to post the jokes until a year later, which is kind of a bummer, but the blog is still worth checking out.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Once Upon a Time' Episode 4.5 Photos: Regina and Emma Search for the Snow Queen
- 'Revenge' Episode 4.5 Photos: David Pays Nolan a Visit
- 'Supernatural' Episode 10.4 Photos: Kate the Werewolf Returns
- 'Gotham' Episode 7 Photos: Will Gordon Regret His Decision to Let Penguin Live?
- 'Bones' Episode 10.6 Photos: The Team Chases Goats for Evidence
- More From BuddyTV
- Revolution Alum Joins Bates Motel
- The Walking Dead's Chad Coleman Tapped for SVU's NFL Violence Episode
- The Flash First Look: Arrow's Felicity Helps Barry Ice Out Captain Cold
- Revenge First Look: Nolan's Tense Reunion With David Revealed
- Nashville Sneak Peek: Juliette Lets Her Fingers Do the Shocking
- More From TVLine
- Taylor Swift Needs Bodyguards to Protect Her From Murderers and Kidnappers
- Amber Rose Celebrates Her Birthday as Zombie Peggy Bundy; Is Looking For Some 'Hot Jewish Boys'
- Nas Returns to Stage and Screen for 20th Anniversary of Rap Classic ‘Illmatic'
- Why One Jealous Voter Told President Obama Not to Touch His Girlfriend
- Scott Foley: I Had to Google 'Eiffel Tower' After Reading the 'Scandal' Script
- More From ET