This year, however, there didn't seem to be as many strong roles for women on TV's comedy and drama series. The Golden Globe TV races in the Best Actress categories are especially tight this year, and few newcomers will be jockeying with veterans for the five nominations in each category that will be announced on Dec. 15.
The species known as television viewers (scientific name blearyeyeus videoboxus) are an odd sort. When it comes to comedies we tend to converge on the same watering hole . . . in other words, we all like to laugh and we watch many of the same shows as our friends do. When it comes to dramas, though, the species can be a bit picky. Take me, for example. I'm a big fan of shows like ER and Bones, but have never watched an episode of Grey's Anatomy or Lost. There are others who are big fans of those two shows, but can't stand ER or Bones.
Why do I bring this up? Well, when it came time to write the post on the Golden Globe nominees for best actress in a drama the pickiness surfaced. That's why, rather than me writing 'Never watched the show' in my analysis of the five nominees, I decided to turn this post over to some of the other members of the TV Squad staff to give their opinions of the actresses and who should win.
So, thanks in advance to Anna, Jen, Brett, and Jay, and let's begin after the jump.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Wayward Pines' Interview: M. Night Shyamalan on Shocking Death and Darker Turn
- 'Bachelorette' Star Kaitlyn Bristowe on Pre-Fantasy Suite Sex: 'I Don't Know Why Everyone is So Shocked'
- 'The Bachelor' Season 11 Week 2 Photos: Punchlines and Punches
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart': Ranking the 13 Most Shocking Tribal Councils from Season 30
- 'The Flash': The 10 Most Villainous Moments of Season 1
- More From BuddyTV
- Is Supergirl the Earliest Pilot Leak Ever?
- Wet Hot American Summer First Look: The Camp Staff Reports for Duty
- Wayward Pines Sneak Peek: Sheriff Pope Gives Ethan's Wife Some 'Help'
- A Very (Bill) Murray Christmas Special Ordered at Netflix — Watch the Teaser
- Red Nose Day on NBC: Best and Worst Moments
- More From TVLine
- Regina George's 'Mean Girls' Mansion Is Up For Sale
- Kendall Jenner Hangs With Rob Kardashian's Ex Rita Ora at AmfAR Gala
- Amy Poehler and Bradley Cooper Get Back into Character for the ‘WHAS' Series
- Vanessa Hudgens Talks Selena Gomez & Justin Bieber's Met Gala Run-In
- Mark Your Calendars: A ‘Very Murray Christmas' Special Coming to Netflix!
- More From ET